Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I don't know if they really reverted the cheap shot change. Just a couple days ago a dev stated that both CS and Garrote glyph nerfs were intended control nerfs. It's kinda flippy, these little patches. If we go two patches with no functional change to the glyph from live and no lines in the notes, or if a dev mentions it, then I'll believe it. I do think that a 0.5 second extra stun would likely never be worth the glyph. It could give a small discount on the energy of the move to make up for it easily enough, however, while still reducing the total lockdown time. They just seem unwilling to make compensatory buffs when combined with an overnerf recently, and would IMO be more likely to leave the glyph dead in the book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard not being able to make up their mind? Oh this is new and interesting..

Not :/

The St nerfs/changes are completely justified and the ability will still be very useful after this.

I will still run the garrote glyph, the extra second is still huge. That being said I probably wont run the new cheap shot glyph all that often. .5 seconds is kind of a decent thing as stated above me, but the you will need to start to look at where the other glyphs will overtake that .5 second stun advantage.

I will be looking at these specifically.

Glyph of Cloak of Shadows: While Cloak of Shadows is active, you take 40% less physical damage.
    Glyph of Gouge: Your Gouge ability no longer requires that the target be facing you.
    Glyph of Sprint: increases the movement speed of your Sprint ability by an additional 30%.
    Glyph of Feint: Increases the duration of Feint by 2 sec.
    Glyph of Smoke Bomb: Increases the duration of your Smoke Bomb by 2 sec.

The glyph of cloak of shadows sticks out the most to me. In some situations we are losing a second where we would normally not take damage by switching the cheap shot glyph, however with the cloak glyph we could mid-gate even more damage. Obviously there is no real set glyph path anymore, considering how you can alter them anytime during prep phases based on what you will be fighting. I will probably run the Blind, Garrote, and Cloak glyphs as default.

I don't know why they tuned up rogue offenses, and are adjusting them now when longevity is/was a rogue's primary flaw.

Sigh.

MfD isn't op in the slightest, eviscerate doesn't hit hard enough to justify the reaction some of you are having. I think ST will still be superior for most comps in 5.3, the exception being cleave rushdown comps which will always prefer MfD. The utility ST provides is far more important to the class than MfD, even if it costs a full energy bar to put up a recup, that's a lot of damage output.

The ST nerf only really means that we won't run around spamming it like a ranged hemo, it will be a tactical ability that we use once or twice to land a clutch DT, to finish someone off at range, or to put up a quick recup. I think it's a good change but blizzard need to realise that the reason rogues over-used ST was because our main CP-builder (backstab) is garbage in mop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    MfD isn't op in the slightest, eviscerate doesn't hit hard enough to justify the reaction some of you are having.
    You obviously have no idea how to time proc usage by saying this. Tip: It can crit for over 200k on serious resilience.

Holo don't say that!!! Blizzard is watching us!
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    It can crit for over 200k on serious resilience.
    Do you have any screenshots/videos?

OT: It was obvious that they were going to nerf ST, people were crying too much about it.

You obviously have no idea how to time proc usage by saying this. Tip: It can crit for over 200k on serious resilience.
    I was in an rbg not too long ago and I had an eviscerate hit for 300k. Needless to say I basically one shot him. My entire guild witnessed it. Unfortunately I don't have a screenie of it
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Do you have any screenshots/videos?

OT: It was obvious that they were going to nerf ST, people were crying too much about it.
    Obviously not, if you bothered to check either of my armories you would realise that I do not possess the gear to achieve such numbers.

I was duelling another Rogue the other day that did have the required gear. He crit me for 230k on nearly 65% resilience. Needless to say that with MfD that was a very quick kill.

Deleted
    With Pre-nerf Shadow pan trinket and pvp trinket proccing at the same time it was possible to get obscenely big eviscerate crits.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    With Pre-nerf Shadow pan trinket and pvp trinket proccing at the same time it was possible to get obscenely big eviscerate crits.
    Not really much point in talking about crits that can only happen with trinket that can't give you 8800 agi anymore. Also humans ruin everything double dps trinkets are to strong even more so when they get to throw in some pve trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point was that eviscerate can nearly 2-shot a fully geared player. And even with just the pvp 4k proc +2.5k on use you can get obscene numers to or above 200k on 65%+ resilience.

The point was that eviscerate can nearly 2-shot a fully geared player. And even with just the pvp 4k proc +2.5k on use you can get obscene numers to or above 200k on 65%+ resilience.
    Blizz decided builders should make up a very low percentage of rogue damage in MoP, so our Hemo/Backstab does very little while our finishers do looooooooads of damage. Then they added a talent that lets us instantly use a 5CP finisher. I wonder what they thought would happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Blizz decided builders should make up a very low percentage of rogue damage in MoP, so our Hemo/Backstab does very little while our finishers do looooooooads of damage. Then they added a talent that lets us instantly use a 5CP finisher. I wonder what they thought would happen.
    People asked for finishers buffed in cata. Now that is done, see where it got us. Back with the Ambush 100% crit, 65%+ Backstab crit and nerf the living crap out of eviscerates mastery scaling.