Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Lol, true I suppose, but then this is closer to the russian secret police/kgb then you give credit.

@ 'it doesn't effect me' guy:

Yah sure it doesn't, I am sure you never, ever, ever go on american hosted websites like mmochampion, or google, or facebook ect. right?
    Never do biz with online american companies like....blizzard?
    Here's a shocking bit of news. It doesn't affect you either. Why? Because it's not going to become law. Not until 2016 perhaps.

Manufactured outrage.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-04-18 at 10:16 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Here's a shocking bit of news. It doesn't affect you either. Why? Because it's not going to become law. Not until 2016 perhaps.

Manufactured outrage.
    It could become law this year if it passes through cleanly. You can't say for certain anything.

Even if it doesn't become law into 2016, why should we wait until then for it to pass instead of stopping it when it starts? It's moronic to ignore something until it's already happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    It could become law this year if it passes through cleanly. You can't say for certain anything.

Even if it doesn't become law into 2016, why should we wait until then for it to pass instead of stopping it when it starts? It's moronic to ignore something until it's already happened.
    Even if the Senate somehow miraculously lets it go, Obama has already said he'd veto it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if the Senate somehow miraculously lets it go, Obama has already said he'd veto it.
    Veto'ing doesn't completely crush it, it can still be passed through depending on how much Senate is for it.

Thats just stupid. Those people just look for anything to use so they can try to pass their BS bills.

Veto'ing doesn't completely crush it, it can still be passed through depending on how much Senate is for it.
    Judging by the house vote totals it would have to be a pretty shocking turn of events for the senate to vote it in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, this from Guardian's article:
    The House of Representatives passed a controversial cybersecurity bill on Thursday in the face of warnings that it undermined privacy and a threat from White House advisers warning they would recommend President Barack Obama veto the legislation.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...-house-warning

Where does it say Obama himself said he would veto it?

Also, this from Guardian's article:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...-house-warning

Where does it say Obama himself said he would veto it?
    Repeating what someone said from earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    republicans and democrats coming together to take away our freedom. nice...
    At least they can agree on something

If you don't break the law you have nothing to worry about.

The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) is a proposed law in the United States which would allow for the sharing of Internet traffic information between the U.S. government and certain technology and manufacturing companies. The stated aim of the bill is to help the U.S government investigate cyber threats and ensure the security of networks against cyberattack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_I...Protection_Act

Welcome to the way of removing liberties. Many of you sat here and called for gun liberties to be removed and now your precious internet liberties is subject to change/removal. The number one thing people fail to always realize is once you begin attempting to remove liberties it never stops. NEVER. Both were targeted under the guise that it is for the overall good. That is all. Have fun picking at this and trying to determine which liberty is less deadly, less important, less useful as if liberty needs a measure of its importance.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Complete and utter bullshit.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    I can pretty much guarantee most if not every single person in this thread and on this website has broken the law multiple times on the internet. Yes you do have something to worry about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take it you've read this entire shelf (as well as the entire code for your state) to ensure you aren't breaking the law?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I'll take it you've read this entire shelf (as well as the entire code for your state) to ensure you aren't breaking the law?

I don't need to, I have commonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Welcome to US politics.
    Welcome to ALL politics. Use public fear to push things through.

I promise you the guys sifting through gigabytes worth of information that come across your personal life online will not give two shits about it and target you if you are not a person of interest.

But, the government is out to get you and so are these bills so you better go do something about it!

10+ Year Old Account
    President Obama has issued a veto threat against CISPA with it's current language, so I doubt it's going to go anywhere.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't need to, I have commonsense.
    Thats what a lot of people say when they talk to the police only to realize that they are dealing with a DA that can incriminate because of things you didn't say after you opened your mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Another invasion on person's privacy in the land of the "free". Why am I not surprised?
    America; a land so free not even corporations, politicians, and banks have to follow the rules.