[Guardian]Appreciate any tips for Durumu 10N :)

Hey fellow bears, kitties, chickens and trees

I'm gonna help a friend's guild tonight tanking ToT on my bear. He is my alt and is a bit undergeared (500 ish?) with T14 4-set. While I don't suppose other bosses will be a problem, I do somewhat worry about Durumu. Is there any helpful tricks about tanking this boss as bear?

Thank you very much!

If you don't worry about the other bosses I don't see why you'd worry about tanking Durumu. He's just a boss, like all the other. What exactly are you afraid of?

Deleted
    Don't stand in Force of Will. Taunt after 4-5 stacks. Get into one of the beams, blue or yellow. Dps should be able to handle the red one.

Well damage going here is much higher than others (or maybe cuz healers have many other things to worry about). When I was tanking on my DK I can feel it, and sometimes the other tank still get destroyed (he is mainly healer tho) and I ended up glyph death coil to shield and gave up dpsing during light phase. And also my bear is undergeared so.

Tips for Durumu: keep up Savage Defense, and just pool your rage for immediate frenzied regens after Durumu's Hard Stare. The first one or two stacks, a frenzied regen will top you off and clear the Arterial Cut debuff. When you start getting to the 3-6 stacks of Serious Wounds, start rotating your Barskin, Survival Instincts, and Bone Shield for when the boss uses Hard Stare (use them before he finishes the cast obviously). Druids are pretty good tanks for Durumu, because you have savage defense to mitigate most of his normal attacks, and an on-demand heal to help healers top you off to get the bleed DoT off you.
    Last edited by DeathCalls; 2013-04-19 at 12:47 AM.

If you get destroyed, stop camping in void zones. Durumu is easy, keep up savage defense, and selfheal alot. Rotate cooldowns when you have some stacks, and it should be easy-peasy.
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Andycandyy/advanced

Thanks all! Well it's better than I thought. Frenzy regen is OP at high vengeance.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonleekungfu View Post
    Hey fellow bears, kitties, chickens and trees

I'm gonna help a friend's guild tonight tanking ToT on my bear. He is my alt and is a bit undergeared (500 ish?) with T14 4-set. While I don't suppose other bosses will be a problem, I do somewhat worry about Durumu. Is there any helpful tricks about tanking this boss as bear?

Thank you very much!
    Have the other tank pull the boss to start fight. By time colour blind phase approaches other tank will have 4-5 stacks, taunt it up. Chain NV/Incarnation + Berserk during this time and use your abundance of rage on SD and T & C. Use your CD's (barkskin/SI/might of ursoc) as needed during this time. Once you get 5 stacks have other tank taunt off you and he will tank the boss until the maze phase.

Once the maze is over all debuffs on tanks would have been reset and it's basically just rinse and repeat what I said above.

The rest is just following the mechanics like everyone else. Don't stand in force of will (don't stand in fire 101 basic concept of raiding). Stand in what ever colour cone your RL assigns you (more likely yellow or blue), call it out in raid when you have life drain and survive the maze.