Looking for raid, Healers!

Hello there,

So I was doing lfr on my hunter and after 40 mins of waiting time (mostly because of the lack of healers), I got the queue.

This is not a QQ thread, I dont play my hunter unless I have nothing else to do :P

My question is, is there any reason why the number of healers required for LFR isnt lowered?

Most actual 25man normal and heroic raids run with 4 to 5 Healers and rarely 6 healers. ( Maybe it changed its been a while since i've done 25mans)

What are you thoughts on this?

I was thinking, maybe the reason why 6 are needed is in case 1 or two die because of mechanics, or maybe to keep it similar to normal mode in terms of number of roles. Maybe a blue post I could not find explained the reasoning behind the number of healers required.

Thanks for reading =)

Edit1: From how I see it, mechanics are not very punitive in LFR, lowering the damage of certain abilities would help fit a 4 healing style. Ill ask another question, do you think the wait time occured by healers in lfr is a problem? Or do you think its fine waiting 25-40 mins? I think It would be a quality improvement for sure thats no question.

Personally, I almost never do LFR, the wait time is one of the reasons, unless there is that one anime I want to watch and I feel like getting a lfr done while im watching it.

I apologise if there was already a discussion on this, was unable to find it still dont know how the search feature works on mmo.

Sorry for bad english as well.
    Last edited by Honnycorns; 2013-04-19 at 02:40 PM. Reason: addition
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.

I thought 6-7 healers was normal for most 25 man groups, but I'm not an expert on this.

Also keep in mind that about half the healers who roll into lfr are either undergeared, alts, or bad. Certain fights can be 4 healed on 25, yes, but those people USUALLY don't stand in shit and demand excessive healing.

Also 6 healers is still quite normal, and only certain bosses demand trimming down of healers.

Deleted
    To be fair, most LFR runs only have about 3-4 healers actually doing their job properly anyway.

Most 25-man fights are initially done with 5-7 healers.

That said, the tuning could be done with the healer availability in mind. LFR doesn't necessarily have to be designed for as many healer slots as the other formats. This could speed up the dps queue.

To be fair, most LFR runs only have about 3-4 healers actually doing their job properly anyway.
    This ^

I play a healer, and almost every time I queue I am one of 3-4 healers that are actually healing.
    People don't care, or are just bad, or think 4 healers is enough (which is true) and dps anyway.
    If the queue required 4-5 healers then I would be one of 2 at best 3 healers. As suggested the raids could be tuned as such, but then LFR would be more cheese than it already is.

My suggestion: If you don't want to wait in a queue make friends with a healer.

There is no reason they can't tune the numbers down and require only 4 healers. I.E, change the damage so that only ONE healer is required to complete the instance, but since you have 4, the other 3 can pick up slack if they are undegeared/semi-afk.

There's no reason to change this. We need a few backups since it's inevitable that one or more will die. It's the same reason you start with 17 DPS and often end a fight with only 10 or fewer left sometimes. You could argue that we don't need 17 DPS in LFR anymore because it can be completed with only 10 really good DPS who don't die to shit. This is actually kind of a silly question. I do think this problem *could* be alleviated by the ability to queue for one role and receive loot for a different role (People who normally DPS take shorter healer queues, but roll on DPS gear...) Just give it a while once 5.3 hits. I'd rather have 6 healers even if 2 of them do very little. Maybe they are DPSing because they are bored?
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Deleted
    I don't think tuning LFR down to require less healers would work. Most of the healers in there don't do anything, if you end up with exactly those guys in your group with less healers you'd probably cry. I'd rather wait a little longer for my healers to do LFR than find a group faster but wiping for half an hour and having to look for a new group after everyone leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Lol you are being generous there. I'm one of the healers that actually care in LFR too. Normally it's just me and someone else carrying the entirety of the healing. Most of them don't care, are afk, or are cheesing it by queueing as healers but dpsing Really sucks when you encounter a fight that takes one of the real healers out of the fight then the raid wonders why there are no heals anymore (construct, platforms, etc.). Very hard to counter this... short of the raid itself calling people out for performance and kicking them. But this may endanger real new players who are simply undergeared and not knowing mechanics or their class. Difficult for Blizzard to do anything about this either without creating bonuses for performance but that is just impossible to balance and the QQ would be massive. This same problem happens in 5 mans and BGs just you notice it to a lesser extent and is not exclusive to healers.

Seriously once they incorporate the ability to roll for offspec loot in 5.3, it'll be better. Not amazingly so, but it'll be better.

TLDR; OP, your problem is that there are too many DPS queueing with you... not because the raid composition requires too many healers.
    Last edited by seijo; 2013-04-19 at 04:11 PM.

Deleted
    Really sucks when you encounter a fight that takes one of the real healers out of the fight then the raid wonders why there are no heals anymore (construct, platforms, etc.).
    Hehe.. or even worse. You die because you healed... because you pulled healing aggro on some stray mob.

Deleted
    In most cases at least 2 healers are either DPSing, AFK, or simply so terribad that they are behind tanks in HPS.