Do Thunderhawks have brains?

Hey I'm a 10 man raid leader and recently my hunter got his 2p T15 and he's been complaining (as have we at times) about his Thunderhawks just doing w/e the hell they want and not following his target. Is this a bug everyone's experiencing?

Deleted
    Nope it's not they're annoying as fuck on Animus.

they also like humming crystals on heroic tortos

10+ Year Old Account
    They're actually incredibly bright. They just have a very perverse sense of humor.

Thank you all for the quick and witty and insightful replies so far. So is this a known bug and going to be fixed soon?

They're all over the place on multi-target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Elapsed View Post
    Thank you all for the quick and witty and insightful replies so far. So is this a known bug and going to be fixed soon?
    Probably not a known bug and probably not going to be fixed for awhile if at all.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

It's not so much a bug as this game having ridiculously bad pet AI (especially when you can't control your pet).

Their fix for Thunderhawks will be tier 16.

Yeah, poor thing seems as dumb as a brick, sadly. He likes to attack the blue head on Meg, for example, and we use the GR-only strat. :| :|

It seems that they favor the closest target... I think. I'm usually in the center of the room on Meg, and am therefore slightly closer to the Blue head most of the time.
    Haven't really paid attention on other fights, mostly because add fights or fights with a lit of target swapping are kind of a clusterfuck (Horridon, Council, Animus, etc.). It's the most noticeable on Meg.

They certainly don't respond to a /petattack macro.

Only had my 2p for a day, but it feels like they go on the target I have when they spawn.
    Though when that target drops they just run wild :/

With a samplesize of 20 spawns: 19 times it went on main target, once on nearest (mby just random). This is on dummies though, no target switching involved.
    http://imgur.com/a/ua8Se
    Didn't have time to use this in raids.
    Last edited by BergErr; 2013-04-18 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Yeah, poor thing seems as dumb as a brick, sadly. He likes to attack the blue head on Meg, for example, and we use the GR-only strat. :| :|

It seems that they favor the closest target... I think. I'm usually in the center of the room on Meg, and am therefore slightly closer to the Blue head most of the time.
    Haven't really paid attention on other fights, mostly because add fights or fights with a lit of target swapping are kind of a clusterfuck (Horridon, Council, Animus, etc.). It's the most noticeable on Meg.

They certainly don't respond to a /petattack macro.
    I doubt they go for closest target, sometimes they help me with my direhorn and they can travel 20 yards just to get in range and attack it, I say thanks tho I rather have my snakes do it than my DPS increase proc

I saw mine attacking the crystals on tortos at one point. It was the same with being on the wrong head at magaera as well.

while i dont play a hunter, i know how annoying uncontrolled "pets" can be. (elementals in cata, spirit wolves bug that they just randomly attack something when my current target dies, including things i am not in combat with) and hope this bug will be fixed soon.

/offtopic ask mages to int buff when they are up, perhaps that prevents them from acting like headless chickens

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunazai View Post
    Their fix for Thunderhawks will be tier 16.