Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Were you asleep when it happened? Maybe you have exploding head syndrome?

It a real thing...I have it and its scary as hell.
    OP said that he and his mates heard it, and that lampshades started shaking immediately.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Cylons are moving troops
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this is linked to your boom but a while back in my house in Cleveland I felt a mini-earthquake which was apparently due to a fracking mine a little up north of where I live.

here's a link: http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...ed-by-fracking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    Inb4 "Just weather balloons" when government ends up not knowing what it was. They've used that in most unexplained cases in the past, I guess it will be their answer now. Anyways, I doubt it would be a air-craft breaking the sound barrier, you wont get shaking houses and tons of 911 calls, perhaps the window thing.

Anyways I'm curious now. >.<
    Yeah, you can. I live (and have most of my life) less than 20 miles from Edwards AFB in California. I've experienced some pretty crazy sonic booms. Loud enough that I thought the windows of the house were going to implode.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    In Christchurch, New Zealand years ago we had a big boom and windows shaking and everthing.. Later to find out it was a meteor coming through the atmosphere.

Could be that?

I can't explain it, therefore -> Government experiment. Is what I am getting from this thread.

It's kind of like people who stare up at the sky and think that any cloud that doesn't look like one illustrated in a child's storybook must be unnatural in origin. There's countless natural phenomenon and just as many mundane man made phenomenon that can explain OPs experiences. Pick one. No conspiracy necessary.

if it was a sonic boom, you and there would have felt it. it could have been caused by a small earth quake or something, or a distant explosion. whatever it was, it most likely wasn't close if you didn't feel it.

could be kids playing with sparkler bombs. do it right and they can let out a bang heard from.miles away

10+ Year Old Account
    nobody took the time to look at the links i posted? It's scalar interferometers being used to change the weather.

Was it an "earth shattering kaboom?"

While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

probably that thing from the hunger games whenever a tribute dies

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought they said it had something to do with the moving of tectonic plates. maybe im thinking of the wrong thing?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Massive, mostly unknown amphibian like creatures that live in deep ocean trenches, have started tunneling again. You know, to the Surface.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Along the shorelines and happening yearly usually during spring? Ice breaking. It's kinda low in the video and I haven't experienced it myself, but my mother says that it can get very loud and break with enough pressure that one can feel it in the body, so would imagine it can make windows rattle too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJLVgoibnKc