Worth picking the BS patterns from The Klaxxi now?

So I just got my first character to level 90 after returning to WoW. I was wondering if it was worth farming rep with the Kalxxi to pick up the Blacksmithing patterns? I also have Enchanting as my second profession.

The Belt Buckle pattern and Weapon Chain are worthwhile to learn. The 476 stuff not so much since all BS gear patterns require SoH to make but if you're swimming in SoH then pick them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I make about 7k from 476 patterns every 3 days or so. If you aren't going to use them it's not worth it. If you are. It is.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Yea, I agree, with the buckles and chains, allways go like butter, buckles will allways be in demand. chains prob more on a pvp oriented server. everytime i make 6+ buckles they are allways gone with a profit of about 150g each.

as long as you have the buckles and chains like solid said you are covered, the extra gem sockets are nice, hard to turn a profit on the 476 stuff, but that depends on your server.

The weapons still easily sell for 2.5k on my server. They're the cheapest, RNG independent 463 pre-LFR weapon most people are going to get, everything better is RNG heroics/Scenarios and 450 quest rewards.

The new 463+ weapons (TBC remakes) sell pretty well. I haven't seen too many of the upgraded ones on the AH yet, but I would assume they're not too bad.

Considering the highest upgraded versions are ilvl 502, I would assume they would sell for a nice amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Takes about 30 days to make the 502 weapon from scratch.
    Surrounded by idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    The Belt Buckle pattern and Weapon Chain are worthwhile to learn. The 476 stuff not so much since all BS gear patterns require SoH to make but if you're swimming in SoH then pick them up.
    The farm helps with this issue

I'm curious to see what kind of price I can fetch once I finally craft my 502.

Main thing now from Klaxxi is the belt buckle pattern. Rest are just gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yells View Post
    I make about 7k from 476 patterns every 3 days or so. If you aren't going to use them it's not worth it. If you are. It is.
    Best answer you'll get.

People are always leveling new toons and buying gear to get their ilvl up for LFR/raiding/etc. On the other hand, if you don't want to be bothered with farming enough spirits of harmony, you shouldn't bother with the patterns. You mentioned enchanting so I'm not sure if you're planning to just DE the 476 gear, but I don't recommend that. If your server economy is anywhere near normal, sha crystals are worth less than the materials for a 476 crafted piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Predation View Post
    I'm curious to see what kind of price I can fetch once I finally craft my 502.
    I saw the Lionheart Reborn epic weapon on the AH for 80K. Can't really compare it with anything. But the starting few ones may sell for silly amounts till things settle and competition is high.

I don't think many people are selling the first two tiers for that much, I've even seen over 100kg for some. It's just stupid. But the 502's, I don't know. I think that they are reasonable around 50k and probably will go as high as 100kg or close depending on the skin. I am 5 days from Stormherald and have been keeping an eye on the AH.

edit: In reference to the OP though, I would be crafting Lightning Steel daily. Not just because you can craft the TBC weapons and sell them, but also because the 458 gear sells pretty well. Just a minute or two of farming can net ~500g depending on server and which recipes you learn. Turn that into a few hours of farming and you can put gear up daily to sell.
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2013-04-19 at 01:36 PM.

The main thing you'll want to get is the belt buckle pattern.