Question New dot-cleave team

Has anyone tried running a more AOE-based RBG team, similar to dot cleaves from S10? I feel like it could be really effective, having seen the aoe pressure a lot of classes can do. What classes would be best?

-UH DK's with crazy diseases or frost dk's with HB spam
    -Destro locks with FnB / RoF / Havoc or Demo/affliction locks for crazy CD-based aoe burst
    -Boomkins with dots and starfall
    -Shadow priests with strong dots.
    -Frost/Fire mages. I don’t know which one would be best since MOP, but maybe even arcane with NT spam.
    -I think its survival hunters that can spam multi-shot to aoe most effectively.

This team could benefit from being able to rot teams effectively, and then picking off low health players. Grip/beam could be used to get pressure, or to wipe the other team once you already had pressure. Its also pretty easy to play since you dont need as much co-ordination on kill targets or as much cc.

The weakness would be that you would have to live the other teams initial burst, but that might be doable by simply playing more defensively, as compared to pushing hard into the other teams to get cc on healers/casters.

This would be much stronger against teams with a dpriest or hpal, who cant aoe heal as effectively as rsham/rdruid/mw/hpriest.

Any thoughts or experience with playing this type of comp?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I have heard, multiple destro locks for Havoc CB's is nasty. But... a pure dot team? I don't see it. After healing RBG's for a couple seasons (includign this one) I can tell you that dots put out extremely low pressure. It really isn't crazy pressure at all. If you want pressure try dealing with a melee cleave with a shammy healer and a holy paladin spamming freedoms on 2 DK's, a rogue, and hunters bringing even more freedoms. It's pretty insane.

I dont necessarily mean dot-cleave. Just an aoe pressure team that mimics what a dot cleave did from S10.

UH diseases aren't that strong.

Max 15k non-crit ticks.

I gear mastery and got most upgraded malevolent gear, and rest tyrannical

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    UH diseases aren't that strong.

Max 15k non-crit ticks.

I gear mastery and got most upgraded malevolent gear, and rest tyrannical
    So a frost dk spamming HB would do more aoe pressure?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    -UH DK's with crazy diseases or frost dk's with HB spam
    -Destro locks with FnB / RoF / Havoc or Demo/affliction locks for crazy CD-based aoe burst
    -Boomkins with dots and starfall
    -Shadow priests with strong dots.
    -Frost/Fire mages. I don’t know which one would be best since MOP, but maybe even arcane with NT spam.
    -I think its survival hunters that can spam multi-shot to aoe most effectively.
    Yeah you just named best dps classes for rbg, and they work great together, but not essentially killing everything at once, like you would expect with dot cleave, the heals are too high, and hp is too high, and every class has billion def cds, so you have to coordinate anyway. With spread pressure and everyone hitting everything you arent going to kill anything, maybe few people in beam vortex + ring or something, but it's much better to focus anyhow.

Right now, bursting a target is way more viable than draining peoples health. Healers aren't really going oom or struggling with healing, and nearly all DoT classes had their damage from DoTs severely nerfed when MoP landed (Spriest dmg comes from blast / dp now, Affli comes mainly from malefic grasp on 1 target, Boomkin from starsurge, etc).

I mean, multi-dotting is still good to do pressure, but you won't land any kills from it. An entire RBG comp built around it? wouldn't work. You need Destro Locks / Mages (etc.) single-target burst to score kills.

Even thought many comps can't deal as much AoE damage, the best comp is AoE comp. The best comp is as follows:

Healers: Monk, Druid and Shaman.
    DPS: x2 UH DK, x2 Boomkins and x2 Destro.
    Tank: Druid/Warrior.

This comp is so good, you don't even have to CC to reach 2700. You can basically put 2,3-2,4k players like me in that comp and get HotA it's so stupid.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 07:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Right now, bursting a target is way more viable than draining peoples health. Healers aren't really going oom or struggling with healing, and nearly all DoT classes had their damage from DoTs severely nerfed when MoP landed (Spriest dmg comes from blast / dp now, Affli comes mainly from malefic grasp on 1 target, Boomkin from starsurge, etc).

I mean, multi-dotting is still good to do pressure, but you won't land any kills from it. An entire RBG comp built around it? wouldn't work. You need Destro Locks / Mages (etc.) single-target burst to score kills.
    Oh they're definitely going to go OOM. You obviously haven't faced a real AoE comp yet. When my team faced a 2700 russian AoE comp all our healers healed like 35-40 mil and that was not nearly enough. Obviously at lower ratings (below 2,5) this won't work. So for most players this won't work, but put the best in a team and it's just as good if not better. But it's only cuz class stacking is OP. Spriests are Fire Mage DoT's for an example are not as good tho. So stack boomkins, dk and locks and ur done.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2013-04-25 at 07:24 PM.

I take it you think these 3 classes have the most overall dmg, or is it just cause you get the combination of high dmg and 2x grip/beams and 2x havoc cb's?