Keyboard/Heroic Strike issue

Hey guys

Having an issue with queueing up HS after RB properly during CS windows. I'm mashing RB definitely first, on my keyboard, then mashing HS on a mouse button after I feel as if the ability has been queued up, but instead the RB isn't going off, but HS is and it's putting me on the GCD. Waiting a bit longer until RB has definitely gone off makes me delay HS too long, delaying the next ability and sometimes ending up with effectively 3 specials inside CS.

This seems to happen more in 25m RF than my 10m raids... is it a latency issue? I'm at 240-270ms usually, and have custom lag tolerance set around there. I have tried turning it off, which didn't help, and having it a touch higher than my usual latency, which seemed to help only slightly. Turning it up too far may mean I can't respond as well to procs, which isn't great, is that the only solution? Has anyone else had this issue?

How does queueing HS have anything to do with RB when HS is off the GCD, while RB is a GCD ability?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooburn View Post
    the RB isn't going off, but HS is and it's putting me on the GCD. Waiting a bit longer until RB has definitely gone off makes me delay HS too long, delaying the next ability and sometimes ending up with effectively 3 specials inside CS.
    How is an ability thats off the global cooldown causing a gcd for RB ?
    Its not even possible ?

Because using HS first will delay your RB a half second, and can push your last RB out of the CS window. You can RB first and HS immediately after, which is what I'm trying to do, but using HS first will yeah, push back RB.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 10:23 AM ----------

Maybe I'm wording this wrong. Essentially the problem is my mouse button ability (HS) is blocking me from using my keybound ability (RB) when they're used at the same time.

Because using HS first will delay your RB a half second
    Mind sharing the source for this opinion?

I'm literally telling you what I'm noticing. If you HS first, you get a small delay before you can use a GCD ability. But you can RB first and use a HS immediately after. Can someone else confirm that I'm not mental?

Deleted
    You should be saying "if I HS first, I get a small delay..." Never had this problem, never noticed anyone else have it either. Only thing I can think of is you're at sub 40 rage and so using 30 for the HS is leaving you short for the raging blow, or you're bugged.

I rephrased above. Here are two people from the fury sticky talking about the same thing:

I know HS is off GcD but I don't know whether the finger mash and clutter might actually cause our 3RD RB to fall out of window instead of just doing the above without HS.
    You should use as many heroic strikes as possible inside a CS without losing the rage to be able to use Raging Blows (less rage you have leaving the CS the better), if you find that mashing heroic strike causes you to miss a RB inside the CS then consider Rebinding it.

Deleted
    They're both talking about the mechanics of hitting two keys on the keyboard in quick succession being potentially difficult to execute. The same reason lots of people have heroic strike bound to mouse buttons or mouse wheel, it's easier to hit a key with the left hand and and the right hand simultaneously than two keys on the left hand.

Also depending on your keyboard, if you're moving at the same time and your keyboard only accepts a certain # of key inputs at the same time one might just not go through (e.g. strafing + moving forward + trying to hit hs + rb will not go through on some keyboards).

Yes but, from my first post in this thread:

I'm mashing RB definitely first, on my keyboard, then mashing HS on a mouse button
    With the issue persisting of the abilities blocking each other instead of going off at the same time. Is this a keyboard issue? Or a latency thing maybe?
    Last edited by Nooburn; 2013-04-23 at 11:52 AM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Nooburn View Post
    With the issue persisting of the abilities blocking each other instead of going off at the same time. Is this a keyboard issue? Or a latency thing maybe?
    Sounds like something along these lines since I'm fairly certain that it is not game mechanics related in any way. I have never noticed the same thing when i have RB on keyboard and HS on mouse (latency 50-60ms or so).

It might be something with your mouse. Try rebinding heroic strike to a keyboard key and see if the problem persists. Some keyboards have a limit of how many keys can be pressed at the same time as well, or perhaps it has something to do with the option to fire abilities on the down stroke of a key press instead of when you release the key, I am not sure if that option works for mouse buttons as well. Something is not working correctly though because you should be able to use heroic strike at the same time as RB with no delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonnick View Post
    It might be something with your mouse.
    This.
    Bind RB to "1" and HS to "2". (or the other way around if you prefer...)
    Stand at target dummy and test, make sure you don't move to avoid max key presses on your keyboard.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

Another option would be to make a HS+RB macro that you hit when you want to hit both at once.

I always hit both at the same time, and both go thru when I do it in a text editor to test it. But I do notice that sometimes its hard to get a HS thru with RB even if I have enough rage. Could be related, but never thought about it much. Cause of that I get 2 HS thru instead of 3 during CS.