Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    That dude sure lived up to the stereotype.

Nobody noticed one of them said LEAVE HER ALONE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    He isnt a thug, he is part of our education system, has a degree and teaches english.
    He IS a thug, anyone that verbally abuses and scares old women is definitely a thug.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Not related but my African friend who speaks Mandarin was in a chinese restaurant and they were saying racist things about him then he just started talking in Mandarin.
    Reminds me of when me and my partner were on a train behind to French girls, they were speaking in French saying some very unpleasant things about the English. My partner shocked them by abusing them back in fluent french, they got off the train at the next stop.

There's parts of the world where the "N-word" is not meant to be offensive, but is used on a daily basis. If this guy was complaining about being called that in Russia, for example, he'd be punched in the face right on the spot.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Deleted
    Typical behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    He IS a thug, anyone that verbally abuses and scares old women is definitely a thug.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 06:55 PM ----------

Reminds me of when me and my partner were on a train behind to French girls, they were speaking in French saying some very unpleasant things about the English. My partner shocked them by abusing them back in fluent french, they got off the train at the next stop.
    I had a restaurant owner/chef/waiter give a 15 minute soliloquy on why Americans are terrible when I was in Paris. I don't think he realized I could understand him. My French friends I was there with were pretty annoyed at him and embarrassed about the whole thing. I sort of understood, though, since this was while Bush was in power and right in the middle of the Iraq war. It didn't really bother me, and the food was excellent.

Honestly though, the vast majority of people don't talk shit in front of other people using another language. Even if they do, that makes them the asshole, so just ignore it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 06:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Typical behavior.
    There's nothing typical about that behavior.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Language barrier + fucking moron = that video.
    This is a prime example of American arrogance that bugs the rest of the world. The guy honestly believed people would understand him if he just spoke english.

As a tourist you at least try to adapt to the country you're visiting. Not this guy though. Why would he even bother to visit that country with that behaviour?

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy is bigger then me, so it gives me moral rights to hit his head from behind. Oh jesus, what an animal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    look at all those korean guys with no spines. military training is required and yet none of those young guys has the guts to put that loudmouth in his place. k-pop and starcraft ftw...not.
    Yeah, that bugs me as well. There's a difference between keeping out of someone else's business and watching someone get a beating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    This is a prime example of American arrogance that bugs the rest of the world. The guy honestly believed people would understand him if he just spoke english.

As a tourist you at least try to adapt to the country you're visiting. Not this guy though. Why would he even bother to visit that country with that behaviour?
    This is a classic example of someone taking the bad behavior of an American abroad and applying it as a national character flaw to the whole damn country. The guy is clearly a douchebag. That doesn't make him a good representative of Americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like someone said, I'd of loved to see him try that on a bus in Thailand, even more so if there was a guy on the bus with Muay Thai experience, mega lol's would ensue. This guy is a dick and with his vocabulary I'm shocked he's an English teacher, though I guess some delinquents slip through the cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    This is a classic example of someone taking the bad behavior of an American abroad and applying it as a national character flaw to the whole damn country. The guy is clearly a douchebag. That doesn't make him a good representative of Americans.
    stereotypes don't come from nothing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias-Oaks View Post
    stereotypes don't come from nothing though.
    No, they come from a few people having bad experiences and extrapolating poorly. Should I be taking away from the experience I had in Paris I mentioned earlier that the French are stereotyping assholes? No, of course not. Stop trying to apply stupid stereotypes to my country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    From my point of view, it's the black guy who is the most offensive one in that bus.
    I'm pretty sure that's everyone's verdict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the usa kick him out of their country for being an a hole? :P- pardon my french

Also i can sense a usa vs the world argument brewing

Deleted
    I don't think you will soon see a German guy speaking German in South Korea, he is smart enough to know they wouldn't understand it. Americans though? Yeah, they believe everyone speaks English. That's the arrogance and stupidity I was talking about, not the rude behaviour. I don't think douchebags are a US exclusive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you will soon see a German guy speaking German in South Korea, he is smart enough to know they wouldn't understand it. Americans though? Yeah, they believe everyone speaks English. That's the arrogance and stupidity I was talking about, not the rude behaviour. I don't think douchebags are a US exclusive.
    Americans don't believe anything of the sort. You're making shit up again and applying it to everyone over here. You know how arrogant it is to assume you know how arrogant Americans are? It's this kind of hypocritical BS I hate seeing.

Clearly all middle aged white women from England are racist and this is why middle aged English white women are hated.

Deleted
    He broke the number one rule, everyone knows that if you are abroad and they do not speak English you have to speak very loudly and very slowly, they will understand you perfectly then.

Deleted
    The guy demonstrated many wrong values and actions, not just inability or unwillingness to speak a guest country's language.

Are you honestly, saying Americans are in general like that? Even America's strongest enemies in here and otherwise, would not consider that idiot enough of a representative in any way shape or form...