Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I don't think you will soon see a German guy speaking German in South Korea, he is smart enough to know they wouldn't understand it. Americans though? Yeah, they believe everyone speaks English. That's the arrogance and stupidity I was talking about, not the rude behaviour. I don't think douchebags are a US exclusive.
    A lot of people are like this... they tend to be dba (douche bags abroad) doesn't matter what nationality they are.

Deleted
    Aaaaand thats a whole bus that will clearly know now what a niga really is. (Korean word not the n word no no noooo don't ban meeee)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure any city in the US this guy would have been beat down within a few sec of getting in some little old lady's face.
    Also, are we even sure this is S. Korean and not a highly Asian populated section of a major city in the US???
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gren View Post
    Pretty sure any city in the US this guy would have been beat down within a few sec of getting in some little old lady's face.
    Also, are we even sure this is S. Korean and not a highly Asian populated section of a major city in the US???
    Yeah, it was South Korea. There was a news story on it. The guy was arrested, actually, but they dropped the charges after he apologized.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly all middle aged white women from England are racist and this is why middle aged English white women are hated.
    Although you are being sarcastic, it's basically true :S A lot more of the older generations are racist compared to younger generations due to being brought up by people who struggled to find work and where immigration was increasing, it was considered more normal to be racist back then too >.<

Damn those middle aged English woman -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

Clearly all middle aged white women from England are racist and this is why middle aged English white women are hated.
    I haven't had the opportunity to run my mouth in 7 years. I wish I was on those trams so I could just verbally unload on those vapid kunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    No, they come from a few people having bad experiences and extrapolating poorly. Should I be taking away from the experience I had in Paris I mentioned earlier that the French are stereotyping assholes? No, of course not. Stop trying to apply stupid stereotypes to my country.
    no, your examples are anecdotes, not stereotypes. they're completely different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias-Oaks View Post
    no, your examples are anecdotes, not stereotypes. they're completely different things.
    And I'm saying that stereotypes come from anecdotes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Yes, there is such a Korean word and yes it has nothing whatsoever to do with racisim.

This video is several years old. I remember it caused a huge scandal in the Far East expat community. They were so embarassed for months, especially the (very very) few black people who are there. It was all over Youtube too.

EDIT: it is from 27 August 2011,

"The foreigner in question is 24 years old, an American, and an English teacher. The victim was 61. This went down around 11:10pm Saturday on the bus from Moran Station to Bundang. One of the bus passengers called 112 (Five-Oh), and the bus driver stopped the bus in front of a nearby police station, where the foreigner was arrested. After completing their preliminary investigation, the police let the alleged ruffian go, but plan to call him in again tomorrow for further investigation."

Source: http://www.rjkoehler.com/2011/08/29/...little-korean/
    lol what he thought was 'niga' is actually you (according to google translate), an English teacher in Korea not knowing that basic word.....

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Well, I got this from another website, this is what it said, don't blame me if the story isn't 100% true

Apparently, the woman said something in Korean, I believe the word is NIGA, and it sounds like nigger or neger, and then this happens...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtx...n#.UXXJdbU3uEv

Does anyone here know Korean and can confirm that they have a word that sounds like this?
    One terrible person enforces peoples generalized opinions about american tourists and certain black stereotypes.

And I'm saying that stereotypes come from anecdotes.
    when a lot of people observe the same thing, thus putting a deep impression for those particular traits, then yes. that's what a stereotype is, and doesn't necessarily reflect on everyone obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    when a lot of people observe the same thing, thus putting a deep impression for those particular traits, then yes. that's what a stereotype is, and doesn't necessarily reflect on everyone obviously.
    Which is why stereotypes are dumb. People remember the bad experience they had with that arrogant American prick on the bus that one time who seemed to get pissed at anyone who didn't speak English, so they talk about it with people. People don't remember the experience they had with that friendly open American who tried his best to pick up some of the language while traveling and gave up his seat on the bus for the old lady, so they don't talk about it.

There seems to be an idea floating around the internet which people like to repeat that Americans are dumb, brutish, ignorant, arrogant assholes, and it's nothing but a stupid stereotype perpetuated by the high profile of the country.

Which is why stereotypes are dumb. People remember the bad experience they had with that arrogant American prick on the bus that one time who seemed to get pissed at anyone who didn't speak English, so they talk about it with people. People don't remember the experience they had with that friendly open American who tried his best to pick up some of the language while traveling and gave up his seat on the bus for the old lady, so they don't talk about it.

There seems to be an idea floating around the internet which people like to repeat that Americans are dumb, brutish, ignorant, arrogant assholes, and it's nothing but a stupid stereotype perpetuated by the high profile of the country.
    i will have to remind you that not all stereotypes are negative. stereotypes also don't just apply to humans judging other humans, it can be anything. people just likes generalizing things because it's easier to fit a description, an expectation.

10+ Year Old Account
    i will have to remind you that not all stereotypes are negative. stereotypes also don't just apply to humans judging other humans, it can be anything. people just likes generalizing things because it's easier to fit a description, an expectation.
    Positive stereotypes are no less dumb than negative stereotypes though.

Positive stereotypes are no less dumb than negative stereotypes though.
    it's not, but like i said, it's human nature for people to generalize, to put people into groups, because it's easier on the brain, less shit to sift through.

I would punch that dude as hard as I can to calm him down. Overreaction is the weeknes of fools. Wise ppl don't get threatened by words.

Seriously... to attack an Korean ahjussi and his wife like this. What a piece of crap of a human being. That the other Koreans didn't do anything doesn't surprise me. They are naturally peaceful people and most of them are afraid of western people.

Prime example why foreigners like him should stay out of South Korea.

If this took place in Seoul, I'd like to have this guys name. I know of people who are very much able to teach this thug some respect, and it's not hard to find people like him... they all live in Itaewon and know each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    I would punch that dude as hard as I can to calm him down. Overreaction is the weeknes of fools. Wise ppl don't get threatened by words.
    Well that was carefully crafted irony.

Well that was carefully crafted irony.
    yeah, i liked it. hard to find that much irony crammed into such a short post
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    OMG I wish this dumb black man would dare to do something similar in Puerto Rico, he would get his ass kicked or worst!
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g