Poll: Do you own/how many guns?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    The ammo craze in general is slowly starting to die back down. My local shop actually managed to have .223, 5.56 and 7.62 bulk packs in stock this week, madness I tell you. Handgun ammo is still a bit slim, but you can locate it if you're diligent with your local shops. I wouldn't be staking out the big box stores though, damn ammo gangs clean them out too quickly.

Did however pick up another addition to my collection, snagged a Marlin 336 (2005) for a song. Honestly looks like it had maybe a box put through it before the guy shelved it. Granted this means I now have 2 of them, but hey one's wood stock and blued the other is composite and stainless. Besides there's just something about them I love, easiest rifle I've ever shot, its almost hard to miss with one.

My father in law has a 336 in 44mag. It points really well. I have the model 36 it was made right before the 336 and still had the solid square bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    How do UK ammo prices currently compare to US prices?

http://www.dauntseyguns.co.uk/downlo...oPriceList.pdf

there is 1.5 dollars to the pound.
    Rough math, you guys seem to run about 30% more than what we used to find it for.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 03:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Walmart around here is actually one of the cheaper places to get ammo. I haven't noticed any gouging there during the whole scare. Don't get me started on .22lr though, at the fun show yesterday a brick of 555 was going for $65-$150. For those of you who are unfamiliar, the same box of ammo would go for ~20 a few months back.
    Damn you can actually find any at Walmart, around here only thing you can consistently get there is 12 gauge buck, .300 and .270 Winchester.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    My father in law has a 336 in 44mag. It points really well. I have the model 36 it was made right before the 336 and still had the solid square bolt.
    I had an 1894 in 44mag, shot 44special out of it. Was a fun shooting gun. I wanted to customize it, since I enjoy tinkering with guns, and almost everything I wanted to get for it was a lot of money. Paying $300 for a gun, then paying $200 for a large loop lever, $200 for some trigger stuff, $150 for sights, and so on, just didn't make sense to me.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 01:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Why? You are allowed to own firearms in Norway.
    I think that may be the biggest difference in the "gun culture" argument. Plenty of countries have gun laws that allow some access, but their citizens assume they can't get a gun or that it's nearly impossible, so they never bother trying. Vs the USA where folks assume they can get a gun without restrictions (and often are confused when buying their first gun that there are restrictions).

Canada has a magazine limit, and lots of licensing, but they can actually get a number of guns that we don't here in the USA, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I had an 1894 in 44mag, shot 44special out of it. Was a fun shooting gun. I wanted to customize it, since I enjoy tinkering with guns, and almost everything I wanted to get for it was a lot of money. Paying $300 for a gun, then paying $200 for a large loop lever, $200 for some trigger stuff, $150 for sights, and so on, just didn't make sense to me.
    How well did it shoot? I had one and used cast bullets and didn't shoot well at all.

How well did it shoot? I had one and used cast bullets and didn't shoot well at all.
    Shot well at 100 yards, never tried it further than that. Was using factory ammo, groups of a 2-3" I think, though it's been a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    Damn you can actually find any at Walmart, around here only thing you can consistently get there is 12 gauge buck, .300 and .270 Winchester.
    You used to be able to buy it by the brick at any wal-mart. Lately I've not seen anything but 12 buck and .270. We had to drive an hour the other weekend to find 22lr and the price was insane when we got there. 100 bucks for 500? We're talking about 22 ffs.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    You used to be able to buy it by the brick at any wal-mart. Lately I've not seen anything but 12 buck and .270. We had to drive an hour the other weekend to find 22lr and the price was insane when we got there. 100 bucks for 500? We're talking about 22 ffs.
    That's why I'm sticking with homemade .38 for the time being. Just far cheaper than most others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    That's why I'm sticking with homemade .38 for the time being. Just far cheaper than most others.
    The only thing I handload at the moment are my .44. I haven't had the time or funds for a few years now to get into any more. Suppose it's as good a time as any to start.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Gun control in action, do not control the guns but control the ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    True considering you can reload 9mm for like .06 a piece 38s are about the same. Assuming you cast your own bullets

10+ Year Old Account
    True considering you can reload 9mm for like .06 a piece 38s are about the same. Assuming you cast your own bullets
    Yeah. It's probably going to be the way it has to be most likely for while.

Deleted
    I don't own one. I live in Sweden and owning guns doesn't seem to be the norm here. I don't really understand the purpose of owning a gun unless you're really paranoid or a gun-enthusiast. If I had a burglar in my apartment I'd pretend to be asleep

6, 4 hand guns and 2 rifles. They are used for the possibility of being needed for home defense, and I have a blast target shooting them at a private shooting range that a few friends and I have put together on a piece of land one of them owns.

Some clarifications on some of your points Panszer

Quote Originally Posted by Panszer View Post
    No, but the amount of guns you can have in the US... Is alot more than what you can have in Norway.
    Nah, we can own pretty fucking many if we want/have the need for. But yes, we cant just go buy a new one because we want one, usually need a good reason for it.

In Norway, it's strictly Hunting Shotguns/rifles. And you need a license for it, which costs the same as my house.
    Getting the license is not that expensive. The weapon is more expensive than the licence.

They come and check on you every once in a while to see if you're qualified to even carry a gun. You can also not have a gun laying around in your house. They need to be in a gun safe. And we can't carry pistols, like many other countries can
    Not very often, havent had a visitor once since i got my shootgun at the age of 16, now 23. Never seen a cop visit my dad to check either, and he has about 15-20 or so rifles and shotguns combined.

No, i can have hunting rifles etc, etc. But i can't have pistols and shotguns laying around in my house, like people in The US can. Thats my point.
    You can own a pistol, If you are a member, and an active sportshooter of a pistol club. But yes, you need a locker for it, as in not sleep with it under your pillow. That was a new law some time ago, 1 firearm and you need a gun safe, before the rule was you could have up to 3 weapons before needing one.

No, don't blame the gun. Blame the man behind it.
    Agreed.

And to add, If someone breaks into my house, and I use my gun to defend myself. I will probably loose my guns for a long period, and get locked behind bars longer than the burgular, if he would live. If he were to die, id be sentenced with murder, and spend time in prison pretty fucking long. So weapons for self defence is a big fucking no-go.
    Last edited by Gaman; 2013-05-28 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    6, 4 hand guns and 2 rifles. They are used for the possibility of being needed for home defense, and I have a blast target shooting them at a private shooting range that a few friends and I have put together on a piece of land one of them owns.
    home defense?! what country are you in that you need 6 guns to defend your home?
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    home defense?! what country are you in that you need 6 guns to defend your home?
    Somalia, perhaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    How do UK ammo prices currently compare to US prices?

http://www.dauntseyguns.co.uk/downlo...oPriceList.pdf

there is 1.5 dollars to the pound.
    Well, looking at the .308 its roughly the same. I only really shoot NATO surplus though so that's a bit cheaper. Current stock is 200 rounds of Venezuelan, 1400 rounds of Portuguese, ~1000 rounds of German DAG, 420 rounds of SA and another 200 rounds of mixed stuff not in battle packs, some British, a little more Portuguese, some Spanish and a little more German, that stuff is next in the queue after I shoot up the rest of the Venezuelan.

Aw, just saw you guys don't have retarded high .22lr prices. Color me jelly, even though I have ~2500 rounds left I'm still hesitant to shoot much at these prices. Saw a brick of .22lr at the gun show going for $115 that would have gone for ~15-20 bucks 6 months ago.
    Last edited by xylophone; 2013-05-28 at 07:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy