Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I wouldn't really say there's one I "can't" play, but rogue is probably my worst. I was never good with the whole combo point/energy system, and sneaking around/being subtle isn't really my playstyle anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, if I really try then I've been able to play everything I've tried. There are a few specs/classes that I could never get into properly though. Like warrior, I just basically hit the buttons. I stick to some semblance of a rotation from what I read up but so many buttons on a warrior, but then warrior was my 9th 85 and I never did anything on him after hitting 85 so never really tried to play him. Plus he got insta 80'd from a scoll of resurrection so really I didn't even spend that much time playing him at all.

In terms of spec, assass on my rogue, never felt right. I loved my rogue as combat but then during cata I think combat wasn't really good so I abandoned my rogue in cata, I just couldn't get into the swing of assass play. Other than that not really, though I haven't tried everything of course. Most of my characters have only ever been one spec.

Deleted
    Rogue and feral PvE, although rogue is my best char for PvP I've never been good at maintaining combo point buffs with bleeds, e.g SnD with 5 Pt Rupture and Evisc in between, or rip+rake with Savage Roar and FB in between. I always find myself either starved for combo points if I use evisc/FB and if I don't use them I'll find myself with too many combo points before I need to reapply the bleeds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Melee I'm not great at. Tanking was different for some reason, but playing Ret, or even as a Warrior/Rogue/DK I just could not get the hang of. I prefer being a caster/healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages, i hate them. I've tried to level one, my best was 38 after getting bored to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I have issues with dot classes now.

In BC/WotLK my druid was one of my co-mains and even while being mostly a resto druid in WotLK I had to go dps for some fights and I did well enough during those times. Then Cata rolled around and after spending most of my time healing I just failed to be able to dps anymore. I tried boomkin again in Cata, I tried shadow on my priest and I failed horribly at both. I tried fire on my mage in Cata because it was tops for PvE. I failed at that too.

In MoP, I still can't seem to grasp shadow priest. However, I've picked up hunter and done very well at it. So I'm just going to say I can't grasp dot classes such as moonkin/spriest/lock.

Fury Warriors, and BM hunters. I can't seem to get those two priority systems down. The problem with my hunter, is that I have been survival since WOTLK and know that priority inside and out. I just don't like fury warriors, when I see white misses it makes me sad.

Deleted
    Warlocks. Yuck

Druid in general. Also warlock, other than affliction; this is strange because I enjoyed destro while leveling (from 64-80) during Wrath...8k CB crits at level 64-65 were absolute lulz. Haven't touched my priest much since Wrath either; shadow depressed me during Cata due to going OOM all the time (crap gear). Haven't really tried monk too much so can't say regarding them. Everything else, though, I can play for a bit and get the hang of. OH, I totally forgot paladin; my pally went from my second favorite alt during Wrath to one I absolutely hated in Cata (for ret, at least). Felt like you sent HP refreshing Inq over half the time...not so bad now but I still think they could use something similar to assassination rogue's envenom (where the attack refreshes SnD). Then again if that were the case, what would be the point in Inq?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Feral. I just can't get it together.

I don't understand how people can say shadow priest. The 90% rotation is this:

-2 dots up
    -mind blast on CD
    -DP when 3 orbs
    -MF filler

If you do that, you will be doing at least 90% of your potential dps. Absolutely no challenge whatsoever. Easiest PvE caster by miles this expansion.
    I've been playing shadow at a progression level since the beginning of Cata, and I think this is half true. Unlike most specs, shadow is one of those classes where you can think you're doing everything right (like following the above priority), and then realize some seemingly small nuance is actually a huge DPS increase. Basically what I'm saying is that most shadow priests think they can play well, but are actually only meh. There are so many small nuances to the spec that can mean huge DPS boosts, but you need to play perfectly in order to make them work.

As an example, in order for shadow to really shine, you need to be very aware of BOTH procs and DoT duration. eg... I have 9 sec left on VT and 8 sec left on SW:P, both of which were cast under heroism and INT potion, but I just procced my Lei Shen trink and VP trink, and hero is expired... Is it a DPS gain or a DPS loss to refresh these two dots? If it is a DPS gain to refresh the dots, I'm also going to delay MB by 2 GCD's, which means I delay a 3 orb DP, and I lose the procs for the MF:I that's coming after the DP. If I decide to cast MB > DP > MF:I then my dots fall off and when refreshed I won't have my trink procs up.

This may seem extreme to non-s.priests, but I can promise you these situations come up several times in each boss pull. I'm sure it happens with other classes too as well. You can completely ignore everything in the previous paragraph and be middle of the pack by just following the priority quoted, but to MAXIMIZE, these are the things that get tricky. Moral of the story... when trying to figure out why you're not doing as much DPS as that other (insert spec here), remember there are a ton of nuances that can really effect your numbers...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh just recalled, boomkin.
    I can't play boomkin to save my life. No idea what I do wrong but no matter what I do, I suck at boomkin.
    I also can't play feral very well.
    It's annoying because my druid was my favorite alt in wrath but he was resto, I dislike the healer changes in cata so tried to do other things on him but couldn't do anything so now he just sits there doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    I do great with Casters but when it comes to Melee I just blow it... the weird thing is that my first and favorite class is Rogue...
    Me too. I am far better at casters, but enjoy melee classes like Rogues.

Moonkin is about the only caster I suck at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any healing or tanking classes, oh I do try so much by constantly fail. 8 years being a mage, dps is all I know

I also have never leveled a Warlock over level 15... I still cant.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I don't really "get" mages. Not sure why, it just doesn't click for me.

I'm excellent at melee and tanking, a reasonable caster DPS or hunter, but I couldn't heal my way out of a paper bag. I have tried a wide variety of addon and UI configurations to make healing more intuitive and functional for me, but in the end, I just don't heal well. My wife is a phenomenal healer, excellent ranged DPS, and solid tank, but she can't melee DPS to save her life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most melee classes cause me a great deal of trouble, been ages now since I tried any. But rogue is one of those I never seemed to get right, somewhat weird since I can rather easily play feral druid..

Death knight I could manage up until cataclysm, then something just caused me to struggle with the class.
    Warrior is another that i never really got the hang of, in the good old days it was because of stance dancing and all that. That was too confusing to me, even with having played a druid for years with countless shifting.
    It got better after there was no need to swap stances, but still I just can't seem to get it right.

I'll stick to my warlock and druid, almost comes naturally to me playing all their specs.

but I couldn't heal my way out of a paper bag. I have tried a wide variety of addon and UI configurations to make healing more intuitive and functional for me, but in the end, I just don't heal well.
    I find that interesting, for me personally healing is probably the easiest role there is. Then again I have healed since classic WoW, soo guess that explains it :P
    Find it very relaxing to heal, and while I can tank and apparently did quite well when I tried it out every now and then. I just don't like it, it's too stressful and there's all kinds of pressure on you as the tank.

I'm a player that would rather DPS, but should probably stick to healing. As that's the role I truly excel at. I manage less and less classes and specs honestly over the years, they all have become too "complicated" to keep up on, trying to play more than a couple of chars. And I'd rather play a few classes and/or specs very good, rather than most or all of them mediocre or poorly.

My warrior and priest for some reason i don't feel like they bring much compared to my other classes paladin shaman monk druid and deathknight don't know what it is it might be because i already have a paladin and its like a priest and warrior all in one pack even more so because of the ret spec.Also because i can't manage rage well and shadow dots is a pain to keep track and gets crazy as you gear so ill pass on those 2 classes stick to my 5.
    Last edited by mikencarly; 2013-04-24 at 04:52 PM.

Balance druid. I do not understand anything of the lunar and sun eclipses, when to cast what.. It just confuses me at total.

Deleted
    BM hunter, because my face is too pretty to faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    I've been playing shadow at a progression level since the beginning of Cata, and I think this is half true. Unlike most specs, shadow is one of those classes where you can think you're doing everything right (like following the above priority), and then realize some seemingly small nuance is actually a huge DPS increase. Basically what I'm saying is that most shadow priests think they can play well, but are actually only meh. There are so many small nuances to the spec that can mean huge DPS boosts, but you need to play perfectly in order to make them work.

As an example, in order for shadow to really shine, you need to be very aware of BOTH procs and DoT duration. eg... I have 9 sec left on VT and 8 sec left on SW:P, both of which were cast under heroism and INT potion, but I just procced my Lei Shen trink and VP trink, and hero is expired... Is it a DPS gain or a DPS loss to refresh these two dots? If it is a DPS gain to refresh the dots, I'm also going to delay MB by 2 GCD's, which means I delay a 3 orb DP, and I lose the procs for the MF:I that's coming after the DP. If I decide to cast MB > DP > MF:I then my dots fall off and when refreshed I won't have my trink procs up.

This may seem extreme to non-s.priests, but I can promise you these situations come up several times in each boss pull. I'm sure it happens with other classes too as well. You can completely ignore everything in the previous paragraph and be middle of the pack by just following the priority quoted, but to MAXIMIZE, these are the things that get tricky. Moral of the story... when trying to figure out why you're not doing as much DPS as that other (insert spec here), remember there are a ton of nuances that can really effect your numbers...
    That is why I said 90% not 100%. In any case many of your points apply to pretty much all DPS specs and have nothing to do with current spriest skillcap.