Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    ...To the OP, you do realise that the Battlemaster and Khan achievements are basically bigger grinds than Insane in the Membrane pre-nerf, right?

They should add the wsg and ab rep grind to it and give it a real reason to QQ about

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten all of my achievements via solo queues. Entire master of Warsong Gulch, all of the resilient victory achievements, and ALL versions of perfect victories for all BGs in which they exist (including silvershard mines.)

In fact, the only achievement I'm having trouble getting in EotS is the "kill five enemy flag carriers in one match" deal.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    In fact, the only achievement I'm having trouble getting in EotS is the "kill five enemy flag carriers in one match" deal.
    That one shouldn't be too hard if you've got a few like-minded individuals with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    They should add the wsg and ab rep grind to it and give it a real reason to QQ about
    It used to be, got changed during wotlk i think.
    Really if the people would have spent the time doing eots instead of complaining here they would maybe have the achievement already :P

Btw the kill 5 flag carriers is so easy.... what I would do is get 4 other friends we would grab the flag.... run it to an enemy and drop it for them, the blatant newb would pick it up and run away thus we would kill him.... and rinse repeat....

Deleted
    How is a pvp premade not possible anymore????????

Go get OQeue
    Oqeue is a third party programm and Blizzard previously stated that they don't like it bypassing the restrictions and want to at least get that feature out of it soon.

Do I think it's wrong to use an addon to form a premade? No... Does blizzard.... No
    Blizzard disagrees with you. They broke AV Enabler and a lot of other addons. The only reason they aren't breaking Oqeue is because it offers a lot of other utility they however stated they don't like it seeing bypassing restrictions they put up and would like to see that part gone.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I did entire Battlemaster without any form of group helping. The only ones I had group support for was when I wanted to crank out some more wins faster but I never profited an achievement from it other than the wins in a more timely fashion. Armory in sig, tada.
    So did I, so what? Times have changed.

You mean the reputation we used to be able to get a lot easier simply by turning in token in the past, the reputation I already have one some old chars and accomplished the hard way on a new one?

Deleted
    I got it the first time I did the bg, so I feel sorta biased on this question :P
    But you do make a fair point as it is pretty retarded to have these sort of achievements in the game.

My VERY FIRST real attempt to get the [Perfect Storm] achieve I joined a random bg with 2 guild members. The three of us rushed to BET while directing our entire team to rush FR. Only two people on our team listened, and after wiping the enemy team at BET the three of us arrived seconds late to FR. The enemy team held FR for maybe 5 seconds. We ended up winning the game with a 4 cap 1600-7. If I can get that close on first try with only 3 nonpugs, I"m SURE you can do it with 5 smart pple in your group.

This ach is quite still possible. Try it late at night when the bots are very active.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tochi View Post
    My VERY FIRST real attempt to get the [Perfect Storm] achieve I joined a random bg with 2 guild members. The three of us rushed to BET while directing our entire team to rush FR. Only two people on our team listened, and after wiping the enemy team at BET the three of us arrived seconds late to FR. The enemy team held FR for maybe 5 seconds. We ended up winning the game with a 4 cap 1600-7. If I can get that close on first try with only 3 nonpugs, I"m SURE you can do it with 5 smart pple in your group.
    Like many people already said it has a lot to do with luck you just got lucky most of the time the enemy can get atleast 1 base before you can even get there

All achievments required for battlemaster are super easy if you queue as 5 competent players. I've done all of them recently.

The perfect storm is probably one of the more challenging ones, but far from impossible. We wen't with 3-4 players to MT knocks some bitches of the edge capped the dumbass tower. Convinced the rest of our dumbass pug group to go DR and just wiped most of the other group. You can easily 5v10 ppl with a proper group. Probably take on the entire team if they're in really bad gear or without healers, which does happen a lot...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    All achievments required for battlemaster are super easy if you queue as 5 competent players. I've done all of them recently.

The perfect storm is probably one of the more challenging ones, but far from impossible. We wen't with 3-4 players to MT knocks some bitches of the edge capped the dumbass tower. Convinced the rest of our dumbass pug group to go DR and just wiped most of the other group. You can easily 5v10 ppl with a proper group. Probably take on the entire team if they're in really bad gear or without healers, which does happen a lot...
    They also need to play very bad from the beginning. The other side can easily cap a tower before you can even reach it unless way to many of them immediatly go for middle or one of your towers. If the second one happens then they'd run into the group trying to reach said their base and will slow them down till it's capped.

It's extremly luck dependant, it requires a completly brain dead and undergeared enemy team that is absolutely oblivious to both game mechanics and what's going on but actually WANTS to play instead of idling at a base pretending to be defending and heading right towards middle.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel your pain. I've only got five achievements left for Battlemaster and Khan but I don't think they should be removed from the meta. They could be less brutal though. Maybe allowing for a little wiggle from (50 points)

These are the 5 I have left
    The Perfect Storm
    Arathi Basin Perfection
    Temple of Kotmogu Veteran (Not worried about that one)
    Cloud Nine
    Double Jeopardy (I seriously can't believe I haven't go this yet)

I'm also about 10000 rep off my Warsong Outriders, sadly I don't enjoy playing that character anymore.
    I've done all the others in PUGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I, too, was able to get these without a premade or even a PUG of five. My better half did a few with me and occasionally, my brother-in-law would join us. Maybe three decked out ele shaman just have a persuasive effect but all I did for Stormtrooper was announce "We're getting [Stormtrooper]; anyone who's interested should follow the wolves." We then proceeded to clear out the node (sweet, sweet thunderstorm) and take the flag. We would find a lone, scrubby enemy (in our case, a poorly-geared holy paladin repeatedly obliged) and drop the flag. If he didn't pick it up after a few seconds, we would pick it up and drop it again. As soon as he grabbed it, we nuked, reclaimed the flag and repeated. A couple others got it from proximity but only one or two actually jumped in on when they saw what we were doing.

OT:
    As for Perfect Storm, what can I say? Be less whiny/nasty and more charismatic. "Going for [Perfection]; could use Team 1 at DR and Team 2 at MT. Are there a couple with gear who want to sit on FR/BE? Thanks, call if you see trouble coming and we'll be there." Not saying it will work every time but I didn't feel like it was much of a battle to get my randoms on board for this sort of thing. If they don't, it happens. Just play to have fun or work on other achievements then try again next match. Unlike the RBG equivalent, EotS is a bodies game; not too many bother to start defending on their home side, instead opting to try and turn the farther towers or get the flag. It only takes a couple snares, a geared healer on the bridge or a studly ele in mid to hold their focus while those resources suddenly rocket up. Random BGs have a tunnel mentality-- it doesn't take much bait to kite them off an objective.

"Hey, if we keep holding these and kill their last two towers, we get [Frostwolf Perfection]=)" is all my brother-in-law typed to get 37 others to start banding together. We were on their boss when some lone ally flipped one of the mines. We slowed DPS long enough for someone to get it back.

Not saying it's easy nor am I saying that the rest of the team has no impact (far from it); so bad it needs to be dropped from the meta? I don't agree.

This achievement is still possible. Just fix the queue with friends late at night.

The only PvP achievement that needs to be changed is the one to recap 50 flags in AB.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh no something hard in an achievement. Hopefully I get a Super Battlemaster title or something to mark me as better than you whiny scrubs who can't get it. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's impossible, it's purely a L2P thing. I did it. Lots of other people did it. Are we supermen that glower from the top of a godless mountain? No, we were all just good and persistent...of which none of you complaining are either. I don't think the achievement should be made easier so noobs can get it. They've already nerfed a lot of the achievements so it isn't really fair that we had to work for it and you get it for less. They did the same thing to raiding and they're doing it with Elite weapons too...Battlemaster is one of the very few achievements that you can get through simply being good and trying hard. You don't need to be 2400+ rated in a perfect comp, you don't need to have heroic PVE trinkets/legendaries, you don't even need to be in a group of any kind (though it's easier with a few mates). In short, it's pretty much the best casual achievement in the game. If you can't get it, I'm sorry but you're just bad and need to get better.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Deleted
    a premade group works most of the times
    I don't know if Av Enabler is still going arround but i did most of my achievements for battlemaster with Av Enabler back in the days

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I already have it, DONT MAKE IT EASY TO APPEASE QUITTERS! Go grab oQueue, set up an EOTS Achieve group, only take good people, crush them!
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.