Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I am very confused right now:P
    Just a personal gripe: I, too often, have a weird time capping SS on my raid, because bosses just LOOOOOVE to target me with their special abilities.

/sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Here's the catch, offensive penance is just as strong/stronger than PoH even in aoe situations. This combined with the fact that it doesn't consume borrowed time means that you basically want to use it close to on cd even in situations with extreme aoe damage. Not using penance when aoe damage is going out is a very common misstake, but it's simply that good right now. Stacking spirit shell on a full hp raid is the only time where you don't want to use it on cd.
    That's debatable, and mainly a matter of play style. Sure, in an ideal situation, penance might yield better results because all 3 ticks could crit and heal for over 80k a pop, plus proc the 4pc. However, you could also get screwed and each tick will only heal for 40k and not proc the 4 pc, which is not a higher HPM than PoH, especially when using IF with PoH. If all 5 ppl in a group are in range and the AoE damage is really high, such as during the phases I mentioned, I still prefer PoH; but unlike dps which have real "rotations" healing is much more subjective, so to each their own.

Looking at crit rng and saying that one spell is worse than another when it happens to not crit is dumb. I hope you gear for haste /mastery if you value crits like that.

Offensive penance is more hps on average than non-IF PoH, that has nothing to do with playstyle or opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asyra View Post
    That's debatable, and mainly a matter of play style. Sure, in an ideal situation, penance might yield better results because all 3 ticks could crit and heal for over 80k a pop, plus proc the 4pc. However, you could also get screwed and each tick will only heal for 40k and not proc the 4 pc, which is not a higher HPM than PoH, especially when using IF with PoH. If all 5 ppl in a group are in range and the AoE damage is really high, such as during the phases I mentioned, I still prefer PoH; but unlike dps which have real "rotations" healing is much more subjective, so to each their own.
    Not really. Apart from IF/SS (in which case you do have an argument that PoH may be stronger, but this rarely delays your penance a lot) there's no real reason to cast PoH over Penance. Penance is more hps, more hpm, quicker, smart (over a shitty grp targetting even), adds evengalism and allows you to move while casting. Casting Penance over non-SS/IF PoH's is pretty much always the right choice. There's not really anything more subjective about healing than dpsing, it's simply a lot more factors to take into account which makes it way harder (realistically impossible) to always chose the correct spell (which shouldn't stop you from trying).

Just a personal gripe: I, too often, have a weird time capping SS on my raid, because bosses just LOOOOOVE to target me with their special abilities.

/sigh
    I feel ya, tortos can be fun in that regard^^
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-05-06 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post

/sigh
    They should add spirit walkers grace effect to SS. And it wouldn't be too op, not a bit no.