Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frustrated with the Horde ....

Ugh ... this will likely read as aimless bitching, but I'll try to keep it neat and organized, because this is bugging me.

Why do Horde players cheer Garrosh? That's not someone to throw your lot in behind ... what he's doing isn't glorious, it's cruel, malicious, bloodthirsty, genocidal.

I play all Horde toons. I didn't join the horde because it was savage and evil, I joined it because it was noble, honorable, and mostly, outcasts. I've always been an outcast so I can empathize with that. But the Horde, as I have read it, seen it, is not evil, no malicious, not genocidal. Horde players *aren't* supposed to embrace someone like Garrosh. Why the hell are they doing so? I don't understand it.

And the war ... the war. I've played since 2007. I've seen this just continue endlessly ... why can''t it end? Why can't there be a solution and peace? Am I the only who remembers that one of the points of this expansion was that the Pandaren would help the Horde and Alliance find peace and be unified? What about Taran Zhu's rant directed at Jaina and Lor'themar?

The game needs a conflict, but it does not need the alliance and horde conflict. The Legion could be introduced as a playable faction, and that solves what I was ranting about 2 paragraphs ago ... we have players that want to play an evil faction, let them play the fucking Legion. The Legion has somewhere in the range of a dozen known humanoid races ... and then maybe even I would want to PvP ... because the children of Azeroth (Horde/Alliance) are *supposed* to hate and battle the Legion, not each other.

And so many storylines if they would just end the war at Siege ... the leaders of the Horde tearing down Garrosh's Orgrimmar, building a beautiful new city ... helping Jaina rebuild Theramore, mending the bridges there ... Varian sending alliance woodworkers/masons to rebuild Camp Taurajo, and build relations with the Tauren ... the Horde repairing the Vale as the Alliance destroys all the Mogu statues and effigies ... A mass meeting in some neutral territory to figure out what each faction needs in the wake of all the war and destruction previously. It leaves us all unfied and ready to work as one when the Legion arrives. And if players are turned off by the peace between the children of Azeroth? Next expansion, roll Legion like a motherfucker and then we'll have a war everyone agrees on.

WHY?! Why can't it be like that? Ugh ....

Because 99% of players just pvp to get gear and pve to look professional on the armory XD

Quote Originally Posted by Harazi View Post
    Why do Horde players cheer Garrosh? That's not someone to throw your lot in behind ... what he's doing isn't glorious, it's cruel, malicious, bloodthirsty, genocidal.
    This is a video game. In video games, not everyone cheers on the people doing "glorious" things. It depends entirely on what one's opinion of what the Horde should be like is.

And the war ... the war. I've played since 2007. I've seen this just continue endlessly ... why can''t it end? Why can't there be a solution and peace? Am I the only who remembers that one of the points of this expansion was that the Pandaren would help the Horde and Alliance find peace and be unified? What about Taran Zhu's rant directed at Jaina and Lor'themar?
    Taran Zhu supports the rebels. Garrosh is essentially seen as a tyrant at this point and, like how the pandaren overthrew the mogu, he believes Garrosh should be overthrown. Which is done by Horde and Alliance forces teaming up.

And so many storylines if they would just end the war at Siege ...
    There are already a large number of loose ends Blizzard hasn't tied.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't worry; that Garrosh still has genuinely loyal supporters perplexes a lot of us too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Ugh ... this will likely read as aimless bitching, but I'll try to keep it neat and organized, because this is bugging me.

I play all Horde toons. I didn't join the horde because it was savage and evil, I joined it because it was noble, honorable, and mostly, outcasts. I've always been an outcast so I can empathize with that. But the Horde, as I have read it, seen it, is not evil, no malicious, not genocidal. Horde players *aren't* supposed to embrace someone like Garrosh. Why the hell are they doing so? I don't understand it.

The game needs a conflict, but it does not need the alliance and horde conflict. The Legion could be introduced as a playable faction, and that solves what I was ranting about 2 paragraphs ago ... we have players that want to play an evil faction, let them play the fucking Legion. The Legion has somewhere in the range of a dozen known humanoid races ... and then maybe even I would want to PvP ... because the children of Azeroth (Horde/Alliance) are *supposed* to hate and battle the Legion, not each other.

And so many storylines if they would just end the war at Siege ... the leaders of the Horde tearing down Garrosh's Orgrimmar, building a beautiful new city ... helping Jaina rebuild Theramore, mending the bridges there ... Varian sending alliance woodworkers/masons to rebuild Camp Taurajo, and build relations with the Tauren ... the Horde repairing the Vale as the Alliance destroys all the Mogu statues and effigies ... A mass meeting in some neutral territory to figure out what each faction needs in the wake of all the war and destruction previously. It leaves us all unfied and ready to work as one when the Legion arrives. And if players are turned off by the peace between the children of Azeroth? Next expansion, roll Legion like a motherfucker and then we'll have a war everyone agrees on.

And this is gonna be best wow-themed creepypasta. World so pansy it makes you puke rainbows. Seriously, this isnt simcity and "building beautiful cities" sounds like drying paint simulator.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    . And if players are turned off by the peace between the children of Azeroth? Next expansion, roll Legion like a motherfucker and then we'll have a war everyone agrees on.

Thats a pretty lofty view of civilization
    "Wars will exist as long as there are people to wage them"

and this Horde/Alliance war hasent been going on forever, it only started in Cataclysm
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2013-04-27 at 10:54 PM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And this is gonna be best wow-themed creepypasta. World so pansy it makes you puke rainbows. Seriously, this isnt simcity and "building beautiful cities" sounds like drying paint simulator.

And if players are turned off by the peace between the children of Azeroth? Next expansion, roll Legion like a motherfucker and then we'll have a war everyone agrees on.

Roll Legion like a motherfucker
    Yes! Damn, I wanna roll Legion like a motherfucker!

Blizzard needs to hear this one awesome sentence. Rolling Legion like a motherfucker is a solution we all needed. No joke. From what it sounds like, it's like player can be a demon and freaking devour and annihilate everything around. Like a motherfucker. Now thats awesome.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the war ... the war. I've played since 2007. I've seen this just continue endlessly ... why can''t it end? .
    Because as one Panda said
    "Asking why we fight is like asking why leaves fall"
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Saw a guy in a BG the other day with his gear mogged like Kor'kron (old Warrior T9 and Org tabard) in a guild called <Garrosh did nothin wrong>. Gave me a good laugh.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Saw a guy in a BG the other day with his gear mogged like Kor'kron (old Warrior T9 and Org tabard) .
    The Kor'kron actually had their armor and tabards updated

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yes! Damn, I wanna roll Legion like a motherfucker!

Blizzard needs to hear this one awesome sentence. Rolling Legion like a motherfucker is a solution we all needed. No joke. From what it sounds like, it's like player can be a demon and freaking devour and annihilate everything around. Like a motherfucker. Now thats awesome.
    Can i join you in rolling legion like a motherfucker ?

Why do Horde players cheer Garrosh? That's not someone to throw your lot in behind ... what he's doing isn't glorious, it's cruel, malicious, bloodthirsty, genocidal..
    Because its a videogame, we actually like to fight and play against each other. He's doing far more interesting things that most other long time characters couldn't accomplish.

In real life I hate Hitler, and I would never follow him. If I like to follow Garrosh in WoW, it doen't mean I'm evil in real life and willing to join Hitler aswell...

And the war ... the war. I've played since 2007. I've seen this just continue endlessly ... why can''t it end? Why can't there be a solution and peace?.
    Ever seen the title of the game? World of WARcraft? If you seek peace, I'd suggest looking for another game.

Inb4 ''BUT WE'RE FIGHTING THE LEGION AND STUFF!!!''. Thats cool, but why not fight another major enemy (Alliance or Horde) aswell? That actually has real life players to fight against, instead of NPC's that are too easy to kill

because this is WARcraft. the Garrosh fans simply like a guy who actively brings conflict into a story that is based around that very concept, the idea of two factions constantly at odds and war with each other. unless they DO in fact bring the legion back or give the Allies and horde some ham-fisted reason to work together again then you will have to deal with the fact that both sides do not like each other. I personally don't like Garrosh simply because he wages war for conquest and power, and racial supremacy (where have I heard of that before), when it should be a struggle for two sides that don't see eye to eye on a philosophical level and racial level. but I don't need "friendship is magic" in this game thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Can i join you in rolling legion like a motherfucker ?
    Sure thing, the experiance of rolling Legion like a motherfucker is too epic for just one person to comprehend!

Quote Originally Posted by mcneil View Post
    because its a videogame, we actually like to fight and play against each other. He's doing far more interesting things that most other long time characters couldn't accomplish.

In real life i hate hitler, and i would never follow him. If i like to follow garrosh in wow, it doen't mean i'm evil in real life and willing to join hitler aswell...

Ever seen the title of the game? World of warcraft? If you seek peace, i'd suggest looking for another game.

Inb4 ''but we're fighting the legion and stuff!!!''. Thats cool, but why not fight another major enemy (alliance or horde) aswell? That actually has real life players to fight against, instead of npc's that are too easy to kill
    did i not suggest, in the original post, making the legion a playable faction.

Fuck.

Lok'tar friend, Have you come to serve the Horde?

Fuck.
    OR, we can stick to what has worked for as long as this franchise has existed? granted playing as the real "bad guys" would be fun.

also, no need to get bent out of shape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Lok'tar friend, Have you come to serve the Horde?
    Lok'tar indeed friend. That I have.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Fuck.
    Adding a third faction would be a massive under taking
    We would have to wait 1-2 extra years for the next x-pac then