Resto Shaman Help/Advice

Hello folks,

I'm slightly stuck/confused on what direction to go in regards to my reforges now that I have my 4 piece set bonus.

Previously I was healing with the 7613 haste breakpoint, 15% crit(unbuffed) and 47% mastery with the 2 piece set bonus. No problems healing wise for ToT normal, but now we are 1/13 Hc and looking to do Ji-kun Heroic.

I got my 4 piece set bonus (via head tier piece) aswell as the heroic cape from Jin rokh last night, but I can no longer reach the 7613 haste breakpoint with reforges. So what should I do reforge wise remembering that i'm now venturing into heroic modes? I'm raiding 10 man.

I can't link anything yet, but I'm Cavemoss on Tarren Mill EU. I've undone all my reforges so i'm a blank canvass at the moment for you to look at.

Thanks

Cave

The 7613 haste breakpoint is nice, and puts a nice rhythm to your RT + HW + HW rotation -- in addition to an extra tick of Healing Rain -- but honestly, when I was around your ilvl, I didn't strive for that haste breakpoint too often. An exception could be made for fights where you're dropping Healing Rain very often, like Heroic Iron Qon or Heroic Megaera. Otherwise, personally, I wouldn't worry to much about it. I'm 10/13HC and for many of those heroic progression fights, I didn't reach that 7613 breakpoint.

For Ji-kun in particular, I wouldn't worry about that breakpoint. The healing on that fight is really easy anyway. The 3764 breakpoint should be fine for Ji-kun and many other progression fights. I wouldn't let that 7613 breakpoint bother you too much. Later when you ilvl is a good deal higher, it's pretty easy to obtain it. At least that's my opinion on it

Also, are you close to the legendary meta? That will help a ton with progression fights, especially ones that are hard on your mana...
    Last edited by tusker; 2013-06-25 at 06:59 PM.

I'm confused as to why you cant reach the 7613 haste break point with a higher ilvl...but if that's the case I suggest swapping out some gems so you can make it.

at ilvl 527 as a 10 man resto shaman

[Unbuffed] I actually run with ~9k haste for the extra tick on healing stream totem(higher lvls of haste work well with our 2 and 4 piece) and 5.7k crit. I also get rid of as much mastery as possible (currently at 45% mastery). This leaves me with almost 11k spirit.

We are currently 2/13HC and about 20% off our next =3

I spend alot of time using single target heals so this set up works well for me because of resurgence procs. The 11k spirit is also beneficial to our monk who tends to reforge out of spirit.

gl!

at Tusker,

ty for your reply, I'm 9/20 secrets of the empire :s I've been putting off doing lfr because i'm not keen on it so i've got 14.5k spirit. With no reforging done i'm sitting at 5748 haste, should I reforge out of haste into say a little more mastery or crit?

at Rafal,

ty for your reply, last night I got the head tier piece and swap it out for the head from primordius, which comes with 900 odd haste. Head tier piece has 817 mastery. When I said I couldn't reach It I really mean i'm something like 400 rating away from it. I previously had the 7613 breakpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemoss View Post
    at Tusker,

ty for your reply, I'm 9/20 secrets of the empire :s I've been putting off doing lfr because i'm not keen on it so i've got 14.5k spirit. With no reforging done i'm sitting at 5748 haste, should I reforge out of haste into say a little more mastery or crit?

at Rafal,

ty for your reply, last night I got the head tier piece and swap it out for the head from primordius, which comes with 900 odd haste. Head tier piece has 817 mastery. When I said I couldn't reach It I really mean i'm something like 400 rating away from it. I previously had the 7613 breakpoint.
    Well, that's up to you on the meta gem, but it's pretty darn good and has good uptime. At one point I was running with higher spirit and lower crit, so I had more to reforge into mastery. Though it's kinda up to you. If you want the resurgence procs, go more into crit (like Rafal says), otherwise you might as well put the leftovers into mastery after you hit the haste breakpoint.

If you really want the haste breakpoint then I suggest doing what Rafal says, gem more haste if needed, and make sure you have the haste enchant on your gloves too. His setup seems good as well. Sorta depends on your playstyle and raid comp too, and what other healers you're with. Some people run with closer to 11-12k spirit, I've seen others at 15k, or even 17k.

The point I was making earlier is that I wasn't at the 7613 breakpoint and still healed most of the heroic 10man fights... but at some point I started gemming and reforging to hit the 7613 mark, especially for heroic Megaera.

Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    Well, that's up to you on the meta gem, but it's pretty darn good and has good uptime. At one point I was running with higher spirit and lower crit, so I had more to reforge into mastery. Though it's kinda up to you. If you want the resurgence procs, go more into crit (like Rafal says), otherwise you might as well put the leftovers into mastery after you hit the haste breakpoint.

If you really want the haste breakpoint then I suggest doing what Rafal says, gem more haste if needed, and make sure you have the haste enchant on your gloves too. His setup seems good as well. Sorta depends on your playstyle and raid comp too, and what other healers you're with. Some people run with closer to 11-12k spirit, I've seen others at 15k, or even 17k.

The point I was making earlier is that I wasn't at the 7613 breakpoint and still healed most of the heroic 10man fights... but at some point I started gemming and reforging to hit the 7613 mark, especially for heroic Megaera.
    I got 5 secrets of the empire last night, so hopefully it only takes a couple more weeks, I was a bit of a late bloomer legendary quest wise so to speak. I heal with a disco priest and monk normally, so i've kept my mastery at around 46%. I think i'll try either hitting the 7613 haste breakpoint or going higher crit and see which I prefer. I guess I wanted to hear what other 10 man resto shamans were doing at around my gear level.

Any other opinions are most definitely welcome

I'd strongly recommend a crit heavy build, aim for 3039 or 3764 haste, a comfortable amount of spirit (I aim for 11k), and gem/reforge what you can to crit.

Deleted
    Im healing 25 mans. Currently 7/13 HC.
    Im running with 18k spirit and the 5676 Haste BP, since im mostly just a mana battery

18k spirit !??! oh my god! ~~

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a 'mana battery' too (in 25man) + I am almost always topping the meters, and I run with 21k spirit, 8k haste, 50% mastery. It gives me exceptional regen with quite a good throughoutput. I am looking for gear pieces with haste, because nowadays, healing is all about sniping + it increases proc rate of meta gem. I also have 31.3k spellpower unbuffed.

Currently 535ilvl, 9/13HC

For 10mans, I'd go with ~10k spirit, 4k haste and full crit build tho.

Thanks again for the advice,

my guild is raiding tonight so I think i'll try going crit heavy with my reforges while sticking with 3764 haste and compare the logs with previous ones. I have 14.5k spirit at the moment so it might be the case I can change some of my int + spirit gems to pure int (red sockets ofc) and maybe even swap my current spirit meta to the int one. Maybe once I get the heroic boots from Jin'rokh i'll be able to reach the 7613 hbp again without having to do any drastic changes.

Again if any 10 man hc raiding resto shammy wants to share their pearls of wisdom i'm all ears
    Last edited by MaugrimEU; 2013-06-26 at 10:35 AM.

I was running with the 3.7ish Breakpoint and 22% Crit (unbuffed) and around 13-14k spirit in ToT normal against a Disc and a Holydin.. went okay manawise, could have been better throughput-wise (still i "pwnd" other healers on some fights) tonight were going to start with Hardmodes and ill try the 7k ish breakpoint

Current stats unbuffed

ilvl 531
    13384 spirit
    46,75 % mastery:
    7614 haste
    17,55 % crit
    4 piece + legendary meta and cloak

see what it will bring

Quote Originally Posted by yoshioo View Post
    I was running with the 3.7ish Breakpoint and 22% Crit (unbuffed) and around 13-14k spirit in ToT normal against a Disc and a Holydin.. went okay manawise, could have been better throughput-wise (still i "pwnd" other healers on some fights) tonight were going to start with Hardmodes and ill try the 7k ish breakpoint

Current stats unbuffed

ilvl 531
    13384 spirit
    46,75 % mastery:
    7614 haste
    17,55 % crit

see what it will bring
    I more or less had your set up (minus leg meta gem and leg cloak, 522 ilvl, 2 piece set bonus) when I did Jin'rokh hc for the first time (I healed along side a disco priest and monk) and we managed it. The lightning phase dodge balls of death is a pain as a resto shammy.

But now I have my 4 piece set bonus at ilvl 524 - think once I have better boots and/or Main hand I should be able to hit the 7613 hbp again.

---------- Post added 2013-06-27 at 09:58 AM ----------

After going with less haste and higher crit last night I can safely say I prefer having the 7613 hbp, which after using a couple of pure haste gems have managed to reach again.

ilvl 524
    14198 spirit
    45.47% Mastery
    7713 haste rating
    15.39% crit
    4 piece set bonus, no meta gem yet.. (13/20)

Deleted
    Hello, as far as i have understood, you should go for Meta, Horridon Trinket, 50% mastery, 15-20% crit, 10-12k spirit, and haste from there, but ONLY if you have the meta and trinket. but i'm not sure on this one.

but i haven't done much reading lately

i'm 517 ilvl
    14250 spirit
    52.33 mastery (5666 rating)
    25.36 haste (5826 rating)
    17.93 crit (1799 rating)
    4 set, no meta
    Last edited by mmoc7aebc4e594; 2013-06-27 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeVestergaard View Post
    Hello, as far as i have understood, you should go for Meta, Horridon Trinket, 50% mastery, 15-20% crit, 10-12k spirit, and haste from there, but ONLY if you have the meta and trinket. but i'm not sure on this one.

but i haven't done much reading lately

i'm 517 ilvl
    14250 spirit
    52.33 mastery (5666 rating)
    25.36 haste (5826 rating)
    17.93 crit (1799 rating)
    4 set, no meta

Horridon trinket wont drop i was a late bloomer on the legendary meta so i have 13/20 secrets of the empire. I heal with a disco priest and monk so I don't bother with my mastery. I feel having higher haste allows me to snipe some extra healing.

My main issue I was having was once you have your 4 piece set bonus does that change how you reforge your gear. It just seems it is down to personal preference I guess.

Deleted
    i just hit 18/20 secrets, and missing twin + lei shen this week. but i have same horridon problem

Quote Originally Posted by yoshioo View Post

Current stats unbuffed

ilvl 531
    13384 spirit
    46,75 % mastery:
    7614 haste
    17,55 % crit

see what it will bring
    sooo... after we cleared ToT this ID i have to say... i simply... LOOOOOOVE the 7k breakpoint!! went awesome, never going back to a lower bp ^^