Poll: Which would you prefer for the next expansion?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Poll - New character models or a new race for the next expansion

Since there have been a lot of arguments about this, I decided to create a poll.

A lot of people think that because developing and creating the new models will require a lot of resources, there won't be any new race in the next expansion.

Would you prefer a new race or the vanilla/tbc models updated?

EDIT: Could a mod remove the additional "Poll" from the title, please.
    Last edited by mmocf77227e8ed; 2013-04-28 at 01:51 PM.

Both. As we know they've been working on new models for awhile now, having a smaller amount of Art Team work on the new race model wouldn't hurt em.

Deleted
    I take both too.

Don't we already have a thread like this?

as much as I'd love to have the old models redone, I'll have to side with the new race.

with old models, just look at them and imagine they aren't bad, and it ceases to be an issue. now, a new race would add lore and flavor to the game, that redowing the old races wouldn't.

I'm pretty sure blizz can make one new race for the next expansion, though. what's the difference between making 16 new models or 18 new models? lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    I would prefer updated models over a new race. I think we have more than enough races (and classes btw) as it is.

Models updated. We've had 3 new races in the last 2 expansions, I say we should just have the models updated and show the current races some love.

For one I really wanna see what the Tushui and Huojin are gonna do for the Alliance and Horde in the future. I could see some more from the Wandering Isle, or maybe even Pandaria itself, join Aysa and Ji and actually do something. I'd be really disappointed if either Pandaren "faction" won't be doing anything and they're just here to be playable. But I believe in Blizz to do something with them, if only just a little bit.

But yeah, I'd rather see the updated models. New races could be cool, of course, but if I had to choose, I'd go for the new models.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd hope for both, but realistically, I have some doubts about that.

I'm going to have to go with Model Updates, New races do add things like lore etc. but at the moment, it seems like Blizzard is having trouble fitting the races we currently have into the lore. Plus, I'm absolutely sick of my Orc slouching and my Forsaken's Zig-zag Armor Cut outs and extremely dated looking bones sticking out. Just comparing either of my toons to a panda makes me sick....

Deleted
    Didn't GC or someone mention in the chat the other day that the art director would have his head if he even talked about new character models?

This could imply that they have a big surprise for us coming up in this or the next expansion.

I'd prefer new models. So much novelty factor all at once - really exciting. A single new race can't compete with that.

If Blizzard appreciates how character models detract from the game and potentially put off new players, it will make the best out of an unavoidable situation and present new models for original-release races as a feature.

It would make sense for Blizzard to escape the new race/new class cycle and try offering something different, but my predictions have always overshot the developers' intentions: they're pretty conventional.

10+ Year Old Account
    New character models would benefit the game far more than adding new races. If you look at a human or Orc models next to a newer armor set, the clash is almost embarrassing. The game NEEDS new models for the older races, not another race that looks better than 80% of the other races in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take the model update.

If it was a decent race like naga, though...

i wonder, do they plan to update worgens and goblins too?

I'd take the model updates if we had to choose one or the other.

I'm betting we get our first look at some of them at Blizzcon and it's a major feature for the next expansion.

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    They've said no. Though Pandaren are on a higher level than goblin/worgen, it's not by much overall.

However, I totally support the female worgen getting a review down the road after Classic/TBC. Some of the animations are not even up to par with Classic. Elbows don't bend 90 degrees backwards, among many other issues.

I think I'd rather see the existing races get new models. Especially the original ones that have barely been touched since Vanilla.

Why is there no "Both" option?

They're obviously adding the new models, way overdue. They're no doubt also going to push out a new race, or a set of new races, as per usual.

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Nope. They've said they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I don't really spend a great deal of time looking at my toons really. I'm sure why anyone would tbh :S Other than to check out how a transmog outfit looks? /shrug To each their own. I'd rather have a new race introduced. But NO new class.

But then, what do you mean by "whole new" race? Whole new as in never before seen or just whole new playable race? Or am I just analyzing the question too much? lol I do that... I'll assume you just mean new playable race. :P
    We'll let you use these character models in the future.
    http://www.tentonhammer.com/image/view/75551

Deleted
    Both. Not so fussed on a new race, but it would always be nice. The models would be a massive upgrade since the current vanilla ones are pretty horrific.

i seriously hope updated character models come BEFORE the new expansion. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    Why is there no "Both" option?
    Pretty sure "both" isn't an option since the question is "if resources required a decision of one or the other, which would you prefer?"

It's like having $10 and you can either buy food A or B and people ask "why can't I choose both?"
    CUZ YOU ONLY GOT ENOUGH MONEY FOR ONE!