View Poll Results: Should Blizzard implement a Hero Class restricted by Profession?

Voters
13. This poll is closed
  • Yeah, sure, whatever, I guess. / TOTALLY!!

5 38.46%
  • Nah, no, meh, whatever. / ABSOLUTELY NOT.

8 61.54%

Hero classes... Based on Professions?

One of the main reasons Blizzard gave for not making a new hero class: Death Knights felt like they should start at a higher level. You were already a hero.
    So, wait. A tinker would have to have been a great engineer. And an Alchemist would have to already have to be a great alchemist. !!!
    So what if, to unlock a Tinker, or some other class, you were required to reach level 55 with a character of a certain profession?
    Think about it!

Engineer: Tinker
    Scribe: Runemaster
    Enchanter: ...Enchanter as a class? Int plate!
    Blacksmith: A City of Heroes Mastermind-style pet class with suits of armor as pets please and thank you.
    Tailor: Demon Hunter. Because of reasons. >.>
    Alchemist: Alchemist
    Leatherworking: Beast Master
    Jewelcrafter: .....Okay, I give up.

But seriously! What classes would you like to see that could be implemented this way?
    Think it's possible?

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 09:17 PM ----------

For those who haven't seen a City of Villains Mastermind:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KyXnfXPCew
    It's pretty beast.
    Last edited by Dantastic; 2013-05-01 at 01:12 AM.

Just no. Tailor = demon hunter? Leather worker = beastmaster? The only two even remotely close are tinker and alchemist.

It was a joke, bro; I have no idea what they could possibly do with Tailor, or leatherworker. xD

The point was that Tinkers could be implemented as a Hero class, and not a regular class. It was implied that they wouldn't add any more.

I wouldn't want that to keep blizz from doing cool stuff to the professions.

Great. You mentioned tinker, now Teriz is probably gonna show up. It's not gonna happen. Already a profession. And most importantly, there's absolutely no lore behind them to have a reason to put them into the game. Unless wow becomes steam punk all of a sudden.