Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Incorrect, simply put. You don't know what you're talking about. That 600w PSU is actually a 400w... across two rails. So its really more like 180w. That's how they get you. But it's not even about wattage. Its QUALITY that matters as well. Coolmax is notorious for crappy parts. Parts that like to explode, or just not function correctly.

It might be, but you don't know for sure. Please do not act like you do.
    m8 ... Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they don't have any clue on what they are talking about. You are leading man in the wrong direction. The symptoms he is having have nothing to do with PSU. I have been in the business of selling/repairing PC's for over 10 years , so I think I know what I am talking about. 650ti is not a power hungry GPU , it actually uses ~116 Watts MAX and lot less on average. rest of his setup can have even double that and still that PSU is an overkill. And if it was PSU issue he would have had a lot different issues. I do agree that COOLMAX is not one of the best brands out there , but ZX Series, specifically ZX-600 has 80+certificate which is not just something that manifacturer puts on PSU , it actually has to pass some tests. Also 400w on two rails is MORE than enough for his setup. And his PSU has even enough amps EVEN if manifacturer lies about true value ... Single rail PSU's that deliver a lot of power on that rail are allways a bit more expensive , but with a bit common sense with pluging different things on different rails you can make two rail almost if not as good as single rails - just balance the power. Most of the 1kw+ PSU's are 2 rail's so what ? - WHATEVER he is having as rest of his PC. Today people are allways using an OVERKILL for PSU for some reason. If you went to electro-technical school , than university as I did you should know that.
    In any case -
    "Nvidia Windows kernel mode driver, version 314.22 stopped responding and recovered successfully" -> in my 10+ years of professional experience NEVER (not once) has this error message had anything to do with psu. It was allways about eighter software related issues (drivers, OS itself, DX) or defective GPU's ...
    So , no if someone has a diferent POV than you it does not mean he is "acting" or "does not know what he is talking about" , so stop being a prick thinking you have all the knowledge of this world ... If you have a bad opinion on any manifacturer - you can say it , you can be a fanboy , elitist whatevar... But have in mind that even corsair ,enmarx, CM , thermaltake - all of them have good and bad products ... Specific models are a whole different thing. Brand means nothing. And for you to "fix" his problem by telling him to replace both gpu & psu , if it is only a psu issue - is like killing a fly with a giant hammer -> UNNECESSARY ...

P.S.
    If you do a bit of google search you see that half of the internet and their mothers are having same issues with 650ti ... Eigher a driver issue or a bad series of cards coming out of factory-still not safe to say which one. so good for you to recomend him same card after RMA... AKA - go for some 7790 or 7850 or smthing like that if you want to replace and have no issues. or just take your chances with 650ti boost if you really like Nvidia that much - but it is not an isolated issue - you might end up with same problem.
    Last edited by bosla; 2013-05-08 at 12:26 PM.

I had this problem with my GTX 580 for the longest time.

My solution was simply increasing the voltage just a tiny bit with MSI Afterburner.

Simply put, the card just wasn't getting enough juice to be able to keep itself running, and thus it reset.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!