Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I made a post about this yesterday in the other longer thread about GC's thoughts on how gear color can push people out of LFR. I'll just requote it here and ask for your apologies in advance for not rewriting it in some other way. It addresses the topic and explains why there's a difference between leaving things as they are and ignoring the colors and removing them entirely:

snip
    colours are an aid that can show you the value of an item, when in dungeons or the in world looting mobs, i know to loot greens for DE, blues to sell, and epics to sell for a high price, if colours are removed, i have to check every last item in my bag to see if its junk/DE/sell/sell, the current system i know what is what simply by the outline colour around the item, if i lost this i would be annoyed and i'm sure others would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    And I can say the exact same thing about having 7+ different colors of gear, it's stupid. Especially since multiple levels of the gear are the same exact gear with modified stats. Why bother having different colors for the three levels of tier? Just have one color and a subtext indicating its level. It's got the same name, the same set bonuses, why would it have a different color?
    I disagree, I don't think its stupid. I think its a good part of the progression path, trying for a full set of _ colored gear. Having the little qualifier under the gear is the stupid part, it doesn't belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I'm raiding hardmodes (just to stop all who tell me that I'm a LFR-only player and should try the "hard stuff" before making suggestions) and I would like to see the whole gear be one color for all gear.

We have the itemlevel to see if it's good or bad. green/blue/purple lost its meaning long ago (purple = loot you only see very seldom, blue = loot that that is rare and uncommon). Make all gear green. From the first Level 1 robe up to the level 600 cloak from the prince. Just all green (or purple if you like that color better).

The only relevant thing today is a) itemlevel and stats b) design (my Hunter is wearing Lev70 pvp style for that reason)

We already play a game where loot that is hard to get like rare pets, rare funitems and rare transmogitems are often of blue quality while you can buy epic loot for gold or some easy-to-farm points or get a pair of epic boots for doing 1 point of damage on a worldboss a few seconds before some other raid is killing him.
    I posted something like this in another thread:

Gear that is below your average Ilvl is red.
    Gear that is on par to your average ilvl is green
    Gear that is superior to your average ilvl is purple.

(Colors just arbitrarily chosen)

One of the worst experiences in a new xpac is when you have to replace your old purples with new greens. It'd be a much nicer transition if your ilvl 600 shows up as green (par) and that 610 item drops as purple.

This also quickly shows you which items need to go, if you're leveling in your 40-50 range, a level 30 ring you got would appear red due to a low ilvl.

Legendaries could have a heroic-esque "Legendary" tag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    colours are an aid that can show you the value of an item, when in dungeons or the in world looting mobs, i know to loot greens for DE, blues to sell, and epics to sell for a high price, if colours are removed, i have to check every last item in my bag to see if its junk/DE/sell/sell, the current system i know what is what simply by the outline colour around the item, if i lost this i would be annoyed and i'm sure others would be.
    The reality is that I don't disagree with this in theory. But the practical thing I experience is that the gear I get in drops, etc. is just as easily checked by ilevel to see if it qualifies as something I care about and then a simple shift+mouse hover gives me all the details I need. Reasonable people can disagree about this. I actually do think that most people wouldn't miss this as much as they believe they would but everyone is entitled to their own opinions and that's fine.

I would request that everyone that weighs in on this do so in a reasonable manner without resorting to insults, etc. It's a pretty interesting subject to talk about.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-03 at 04:18 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."