• cata

7 6.25%
  • mop

26 23.21%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Post Best soundtrack?

Didn't see any thread about this so figured i'd make one
    What expansion do you think have the best soundtrack?
    i suppose most posters will say they never listen to the music, but i do sometimes and it can be quite relaxing. i'd say my list is as follows;
    1.) Wow
    2.) Tbc
    3.) Wotlk
    4.) Cata
    5.) MoP

Not to imply the music has gotten crappier by each expansion. Wotlk/Cata is a close call. MoP i dislike due to the asian theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love music from each iteration of WoW, but I think that overall Wrath's score is the most memorable for me.

Also, for discussion basis, i suppose post your favorite track from that album.

Since im open poster i'll begin; favorite track would be Shimmering Flats from vanilla. Probably since it brings nostalgia from the old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    This for sure! I would pay Blizzard to make it where i can switch the login screen back to classic so i can get this epicness back.

That or this
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2013-05-04 at 01:39 AM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    This for sure! I would pay Blizzard to make it where i can switch the login screen back to classic so i can get this epicness back.
    [video=yoqsazZUbt9s]https://www.youtqsazZUbt9s[/video]
    i agree with you that they should bring back or change login screen. Imo it hasn't been a great one since Tbc. The login screen should indeed be a portal, since upon login in you are in fact entering a new world .. (sounded cliché lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    The WotLK login screen music was quantifiably better than the BC login screen. It had every single passage of music, plus more.

That being said, WotLK had the best soundtrack.

Howling Fjord, Grizzly Hills, Zul'drak, Icecrown citadel, and Storm Peaks... nothing can compete with that. The northrend transport theme is the best soundtrack in the game.

After that I'd say Cata. Uldum, Vashj'ir, Grim Batol, and many of the redone old world tracks are amazing.

After that, I'd have to say it's a tie between BC and MoP. MoP has some great music, but most of it is tucked away. Tracks that come to mind are the shado-pan, the Vale of eternal blossoms ambient music, and krasarang wilds. BC had some nice music too, but much of it was slow, unassuming background music. The good tracks from BC are Karazhan, Honor Hold, and black temple.

Then, Vanilla. There was nothing wrong with it... but hearing the same tracks again and again, they simply lost their... "wow" factor.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-05-04 at 02:03 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey what about this?

Or this
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2013-05-04 at 02:07 AM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

No question. The original WoW blows them all out of the water. Every time I listen to "War" it gets me so pumped, and every other track is fantastic; Elwynn, Dun Morough, Tanaris.

The others soundtracks are all good, but they're better if they're listened to in-game. My opinion anyway.
    Proud Conservative and lover of guns, freedom and the Constitution.

10+ Year Old Account
    This? or is it Seasons of War

I have to give it to MoP I'm not usually huge on music in games its usually just there, but when I forget to log out of my game and hear the login screen music while I'm laying down, I can go to sleep to it, I would always have to get up and turn the others off.

In order, and included some songs from them I like:

#1 MoP most favorite
    Serpent Riders
    Jaina's Homeland
    The Mantid theme
    The Thunder King
    Vale of eternal Blossoms
    -two- of the inn music that plays
    Sunreaver music

#2 Cataclysm
    Xaxas
    Elemental Air
    Firelands music
    Nightsong
    The music in Arathi Highlands/Twilight Highlands
    War March

#3 Wrath of the lich King
    Invincible
    Ulduar theme
    Vrykul music in Howling Fjord with the flute
    Arthas chase music in Halls of Reflection

#4 The Burning Crusade
    Music in Magister's Terrace
    Isle of Quel'danas
    Nagrand

#5 Classic
    The Inn music, nice classic fantasy right there

Overall I feel they get better with each expansion and I eagerly await future music!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wotlk login screen music was the best sound to ever fill my earholes.

As for inn music, mists takes the cake.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-05-04 at 05:30 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    wotlk but tbc is a very close second

Cata>MoP>TBC>Vanilla>WotLK

Cata for Castaways and Nightsong

MoP for Garrosh and Sunreavers
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas music. But that from frozen throne is better than that from wow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77o4_l_H48Y

Vanilla, in particular the Gnomer/Everlook music. However, close second, the Dalaran music.

What GAME had the best soundtrack? Hah, Civilization 4. There will never be anything like that again. Best, ever, period, end of story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Night Song alone made Cata amazing.

A lot of the music i loved from the MoP trailers never made it to the OST. So sad.

Shocked to see I'm the only one who voted TBC. It was ultimately a match between TBC, WotLK and MoP, but ultimately TBC has the Black Temple soundtrack, and the other two don't.

Deleted
    For me, Wrath wins.
    Howling Fjord, Culling of Stratholme, Invincible etc. - the others have some great songs too (Nightsong...), but overall, Woltk takes the cake.