Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mop is the worst thing that have ever happened to wow, but i don't expect MMO-champion posters to understand it.

They didn't have to delay an expansion to China for once and it probably peaked sales tremendously for the world wide release. Maybe Blizzard thought that adding an Asian lore to the game was what WoW needed, but I'm betting it was mainly to open up into an untapped market.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haaku View Post
    Mop is the worst thing that have ever happened to wow, but i don't expect MMO-champion posters to understand it.
    Actualy they've increased the quality of everything in this expansion. The only arguable thing would be if you like the lore or not ( which is personal preference)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The sub numbers went up to over 10 million at the end Q3 2012 when MOP was released by the end of Q4, despite Christmas, 5.1 and MOP China launch, they had gone back down to 9.6 million.
    Which is still a higher number than at the end of Cata. So that means MoP has increased subs? Subs will always rise and fall a bit, depending on how fresh the content is.

If you don't like mmo-champion then you're free to leave with your hate.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Asian theme is fine, but they could have done a better job at the pandaren's story-line. It's sad that I find the mantid or mogu far more interesting than the pandaren, I had my doubts that they could make the pandaren fit in like the other races do. And so far, they really do feel like the odd one out.

Worst part is that the pandarens story is all centered around telling what once was, not that much on what is and what's to come. The "factions" of pandaren joining the horde and alliance you don't hear anything about after the starting zone of the pandaren for example.
    So what's going to happen to the pandaren story after MoP I wonder, will it simply be left as is ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    That's some professional moderating right there
    Thing is... that wasn't a moderator edit. that was OP changing his post to try and insulate himself.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The theme of it (minus the Pandas) actually got me interested in trying it out after 2 years of not playing it.

It is weird that they obviously made mop to get more subs from the asian community ; but it backfired. Most of the sub losses are from the east and I am pretty sure that they won't try pleasing the eastern community anymore after mop.

I really don't care much for the pandas, but I find the world itself to be very beautiful. And I'm so over troll stuff, so I'm not really loving that part either. But overall Mists has added some good stuff.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    mod edit: keep it civil people. I understand that you feel butthurt, but try to communicate like people not like monkeys.
    Please tell me that isn't a real mod edit?...
    Aye mate

The biggest problem I have is the catering to the Asian market where Blizzard has been losing most subs and the fact that you cannot escape the Asian theme anywhere in the expansion. At least in Cata you had Gilneas (England), Uldum (Egypt) etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Look at who it was edited by. It's the OP trying to be snarky. Just report it.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    he edited that himself. I don't think a mod has actually seen it yet

This is all cool, but sub numbers are dropping, so there has to be a problem somewhere.
    It couldn't be because it is nearing 9 years old and people are losing interest in the endless grind that is mmo's? The reason people always praise wotlk and bc is nostalgia. If you compare the quality of the game to BC/vanilla it beats it by 100 times. PvP is more balanced..although it has a lot of room for improvement the fights are much more complex and harder rather then just a few mechanics and high dps requirements. It is a lot more accessible and has so many more features. And the questing experience from 1-60 and 80-90 is superb, i think northrend and outland quests should be reworked.

OT: I believe MoP was a good idea, and this is the most fun I've ever had in WoW except the release of icc, and I've been playing since mid '06

Ahhh, I didn't realize you spoke or 9 million people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    WoW always had a lot of big problems with it's Expansions, since all of them are basically self-contained. It's very rare that Expansions influence Azeroth overall from a cultural point, aside from the "overarching" Storyline and the Main Character.

I mean when was the last time you heard about how the Exodar is doing? There is no change outside of what is currently necessary, the world is not alive and breathing or advancing. It is stuck in time due to the fact that each expansions moves to a bunch of different places, instead of spreading it out evenly over the world that already exists.

Basically what WoW has is a huge amount of cultures and lore, but all of it is very much a clusterfuck. There is no sensible nature to them. Blizzard just picks whatever the hell they think people will like and add it, without much consideration for their own universe.
    Last edited by mmoc72f1823250; 2013-05-05 at 12:06 AM.

mod edit: keep it civil people. I understand that you feel butthurt, but try to communicate like people not like monkeys.
    I got banned for saying "butthurt" once. I'm happy to see the mods are permitted to do it though.

Or wait..

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I got banned for saying "butthurt" once. I'm happy to see the mods are permitted to do it though.
    It was a fake mod edit. The OP has already been banned for it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    really? worse than Cata? hmmm... on what do you base your claim?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.