Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    When i drive:
    People who feel the need to be three inches behind me when we're going 60mph
    People who feel the need to fill the safe gap between me and the car in front of me (i try to do 1 car length per 15mph)
    People who feel they have to beep at me when i leave a few feet between me and the guy in front of me at a stop light

When someone else is driving:
    Anyone who use their phones, eat, do make-up etc. Your driving! STOP CHECKING FACEBOOK
    People who do any of those things that have had caused an accident.
    People who cant go the speed limit. 45 in a 55
    People who stay in the passing lane for MILES

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    Motorists. It's a shame I live in a state where people seem to think it's okay to run down a person on a bike, even though I'm following all of the rules of the road (lights, stop signs, etc).
    Then you are one of the very few. far too many cyclists seem to think its..

ok to go right through red lights
    sit on the white line in the middle of the road as such blocking two lanes
    filter through traffic and get pissed of when they cant get through a gap
    FILTER DOWN THE LEFT SIDE OF A VEHICLE THATS INDICATING TO TURN LEFT (seriously these fuckers deserve to get ran over)
    riding side by side on a road (highway code = ride in file)
    sitting to close to vehicles
    sitting in blind spots of vehicles
    NOT WEARING A HELMET (I mean really ffs how stupid can you be.. on a road.. on a bike.. fall off... whats protecting your head?)

just some of the things I put up with in London on a daily basis...

im a firm believer that the "driving licence" should be replaced with a "ROAD licence" and you have to have a valid road licence to be on the road. I also thing all cyclists should have to register AND insure (properly) the bike they are riding on the road AND display a valid VRN. far too many things cyclists get away with as they cannot be traced that if you do in a car you will be prosecuted for.

And yes cycles are just sa dangerous to a person if they hit them

Don't wanna sound like im bashing on cyclist too much but some of the things I see them do makes me cringe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    unfortunately there are some really stupid motorcyclists out there, and those are the ones that people remember. last year on a trip to indianapolis it was the first really nice weekend riding weather, and i saw 4 motorcyclists get destroyed. 2 times was stupid car drivers, and the other 2 were the bikers being retards. in the past year i have lost 2 cousins to motorcycle accidents - 1 was his own damned fault, and the other was the car's fault and my cousin never stood a chance
    Please don't get me wrong - I know that a lot of motorcyclists behave like idiots and endanger themselves most heavily.
    It's not my intention to deny this.

Still, especially on my way to the Uni (which i what I use my bike most for), I relatively often find myself in the situation where it's definitely not my fault that I have to resign my right of way, make an emergency braking etc. because I get overlooked, or because somebody estimates my speed wrong and pulls out.
    The problem is that as a biker, I always come out on the short end, regardless of whether it was my own fault or not - so I'm the one who has to always pay double the attention if I don't want to risk unnecessary incidents.

Also, 'rage' probably is the wrong word. I don't really rage when driving. But like I said, there are things that at least make me shake my head in disbelief or that make me feel uncomfortable.
    Tailgaters would be another example. It's so dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many things, but mainly people who don't use their indicators properly, their ignorance can delay you big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Please don't get me wrong - I know that a lot of motorcyclists behave like idiots and endanger themselves most heavily.
    It's not my intention to deny this.

Still, especially on my way to the Uni (which i what I use my bike most for), I relatively often find myself in the situation where it's definitely not my fault that I have to resign my right of way, make an emergency braking etc. because I get overlooked, or because somebody estimates my speed wrong and pulls out.
    The problem is that as a biker, I always come out on the short end, regardless of whether it was my own fault or not - so I'm the one who has to always pay double the attention if I don't want to risk unnecessary incidents.

Also, 'rage' probably is the wrong word. I don't really rage when driving. But like I said, there are things that at least make me shake my head in disbelief or that make me feel uncomfortable.
    Tailgaters would be another example. It's so dangerous.
    oh, im not really arguing with you, more expanding on what you were saying ive seen plenty of both types of idiocy in drivers, some car drivers are just dangerous assholes, and the same for bikers. as you said though, the bike will lose every time. i cant remember who told me this regarding traffic stuff, but it was a good point imo - better to be cautious and alive than right and dead
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heavy trucks using residential streets to avoid busier main roads. I see it every day when i drive to work, a gigantic truck going down a residential street and tearing branches off overhanging trees and knocking them onto cars and all over the road, or driving over a roundabout and crushing all the pretty purple flowers.

Saw a shining display of stupid on my way home today, thought I would share. Stop light with 2 lanes, right lane is empty. I pull up behind 2 other cars. When the light turns green, nobody goes. So we sit there, and we sit there, and finally the guy in front of me lane changes to the right and goes on through. Then I saw why he didn't go. The car in front of him had the emergency lights on.

Why would you stop behind someone who has their emergency lights on and then expect them to move? After he moved, I also realized really fast that the car had no driver, and that the lady who had been talking on her phone on the sidewalk the whole time was the driver. Did he expect the car to fucking move itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing really. I couldn't get angry if I tried.

You can't do anything about it and in this day and age too many people snap without warning so why bother getting angry?

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Too many things, but mainly people who don't use their indicators properly, their ignorance can delay you big time.
    I hate when you are trying to turn left (or right since you are in Wales), and you are waiting to see if a fast car on oncoming traffic is going straight and at the last second they turn on there blinker...it makes me want to smash my face into the steering wheel each time.

Ppl who enter a tantric state of deep mediation at a red light then dont move when it turns green.

Quote Originally Posted by Shennanigans View Post
    Ppl who enter a tantric state of deep mediation at a red light then dont move when it turns green.
    lol, a couple days ago I looked to my right and this old lady was straight up sitting in her car passed out in the right turn lane. I saw her eyelids close and you could tell she was tired and passed out for a second. She woke up before she needed to move though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    And yes cycles are just sa dangerous to a person if they hit them
    I can forgive all of the lying about things you've "seen" cyclists do, but this is just an amazingly stupid claim. Someone needs to familiarize you with physics; force is proportional to weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I can forgive all of the lying about things you've "seen" cyclists do, but this is just an amazingly stupid claim. Someone needs to familiarize you with physics; force is proportional to weight.
    I've been hit by bicycles multiple times on campus, guess I can take on a car now!
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I've been hit by bicycles multiple times on campus, guess I can take on a car now!
    You're obviously Superman!

Sorry about the dumbasses striking you though... I've been sticking up for cyclists a lot in this thread because there's so many stupid misconceptions, but there's just as many idiots on bikes (almost by definition) as idiots in cars and on foot. Getting hit by a bike can be very nasty, I don't mean to diminish that, and anyone moving at any speed needs to pay attention, whether they're driving, biking, or walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Sorry about the dumbasses striking you though... I've been sticking up for cyclists a lot in this thread because there's so many stupid misconceptions, but there's just as many idiots on bikes (almost by definition) as idiots in cars and on foot. Getting hit by a bike can be very nasty, I don't mean to diminish that, and anyone moving at any speed needs to pay attention, whether they're driving, biking, or walking.
    I don't think much about it, usually. Collisions are bound to happen at noon when everyone is hurrying to class.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    -Lastly, the folks who, on a work morning at a very crowded gas station, decide to finish pumping gas, THEN go into the store to peruse the chip and candy selection, instead of being courteous and moving their car so the next person can fill up. You deserve to have your car burst into flames while you're in the store.
    This made my day so much because it happened to me on my way into the city this morning and this is EXACTLY what I thought.

Okay, not "exactly," but close. I thought: "this wouldn't be the worst time if that gas pumped decided to just burst into flames..." while I waited wrapped around the corner because the line for the gas station went around the block...
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get rage, unless:
    - Driving under the speed limit in a one-lane, no passing road. If the speed limit is 45, your ass better be going 45. Tractors are the exception to this rule.
    - If you believe that the blinkers are optional, I believe shoving your keys into your eye socket should be required.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Why get angry if you can't do anything about it though? All you do is stress yourself.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aw the ones who drive slowly up to the overtaking lanes then speed up so you really have to put your foot down to overtake. Or ones that drive slowly, you over take them then before you know it they over take you, slow down, so then your forced to overtake them again.. 200 kms of that with one car, enough to make me rage lol

Deleted
    Bikers. Each time I see one, I imagine myself running him over.