Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damosapien View Post
    pfft, what i want is for dual wield hit cap to be 15% not 27% or whatever it is.
    give me that and make bt hit harder than impending victory and i'll be in dream land.
    Even if DW hitcap were 15% it really wouldn't change much.

Is it just me, or has 5.3 actually helped us catch up instead of what the subject line suggests?

Now that a few weeks have passed, I feel like I'm producing a lot better relative to my competition now than I did in 5.2. I'm not charting #1 or anything, but it's not that bad anymore. Anyone else who was finding 5.2 frustrating experiencing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Quill View Post
    Is it just me, or has 5.3 actually helped us catch up instead of what the subject line suggests?

Now that a few weeks have passed, I feel like I'm producing a lot better relative to my competition now than I did in 5.2. I'm not charting #1 or anything, but it's not that bad anymore. Anyone else who was finding 5.2 frustrating experiencing this?
    Nope, we are indeed worse than we were in 5.2, relative to the rest of the classes in the game. Enhancement has shot up significantly, Windwalkers have shot up a lot and so have Ret Paladins and Hunters. Unholy has been nerfed but it's still ahead of Fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    Nope, we are indeed worse than we were in 5.2, relative to the rest of the classes in the game. Enhancement has shot up significantly, Windwalkers have shot up a lot and so have Ret Paladins and Hunters. Unholy has been nerfed but it's still ahead of Fury.
    I have a 512 windwaker and I assure you, damage is the same. Not sure what buff you are implying windwaker even got, windwaker was great at the start, but as gear progresses they have scaled really bad. Fury is higher avg damage on every datamining site I know of in the last 2 weeks.

RET paladins though, OMG, if only they could hold 2 2h weapons and be as badass as my warrior.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2013-06-04 at 10:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    I have a 512 windwaker and I assure you, damage is the same. Not sure what buff you are implying windwaker even got.
    RET paladins though, OMG, if only they could hold 2 2h weapons and be as badass as my warrior.
    You're comparing your 512 WW to actually high skilled players, and saying that because you don't notice any difference there can be no difference? Am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    You're comparing your 512 WW to actually high skilled players, and saying that because you don't notice any difference there can be no difference? Am I missing something?
    Yeah you are, because I just mentioned my damage hasnt changed on my WW and 5.3 had no real WW buffs to my knowledge. You may also note that I was comparing the data on dps from datamining sites, which believe it or not, includes data on windwaker, as well as fury.

Also as a side note, lol, you think ilevel is relative to skill? Good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you are, because I just mentioned my damage hasnt changed on my WW and 5.3 had no real WW buffs to my knowledge. You may also note that I was comparing the data on dps from datamining sites, which believe it or not, includes data on windwaker, as well as fury.

Also as a side note, lol, you think ilevel is relative to skill? Good one.
    What I'm doing is pointing out the flaws in your ludicrous claim. First off, not all classes scale the same, so ilvl actually is very relevant, especially with item upgrades now. Certain trinkets proc more or higher, weapons matter more for some classes, etc. Second, you're claiming that because YOU noticed no change there IS no change, which is simply a stupid claim to make. It's highly biased and a sample size of 1 is completely useless here. Lastly, many specs "scale" as it were differently with skill. Some classes you can do 90% of what the best players can do by being decent, some specs you'll only be doing 65-80% or less. In essence, class difficulty matters too, and unless you are one of the best WW monks than it's highly likely you wouldn't notice anything anyways, not the least being I really doubt you have a heroic RoO.

TL;DR, you're argument is stupid.

Yeah you are, because I just mentioned my damage hasnt changed on my WW and 5.3 had no real WW buffs to my knowledge.
    Rising Sun Kick now causes all targets within 8 yards to take an increased 20% damage from the Monk's abilities, up from 10%.

I have a 512 windwaker and I assure you, damage is the same. Not sure what buff you are implying windwaker even got, windwaker was great at the start, but as gear progresses they have scaled really bad. Fury is higher avg damage on every datamining site I know of in the last 2 weeks.

Windwalkers are a lot better now. They've received something to the effect of a 7-8% buff. Plus, Warriors don't scale nearly as well as they used to (relative to the other specs) because of the RPPM scaling from haste.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...14/60/default/

Look at the overall DPS data and you'll see that Fury Warriors (our best spec) is the lowest DPS spec on the chart outside of a few secondary specs of other classes that are subject to sampling bias.

Hunters, Ret Paladins, Enhancement Shamans, and Windwalker Monks all received buffs and none of them were that far off from where we were prior to 5.3.

I wanted to say something along the lines of "I told you so that we are going to be worse off come 5.3 but you guys called me a whiner"

Anyways. I'm glad that more warriors are finally realizing that we got neglected in 5.3. I'm also glad that collision has made it established now that we don't scale as well and not as originally meant to be prior rppm.

On a side note, there's a 50% discount for realm and faction change this week!

Why are so many people saying "GC PLAYS MAGE!" do you actually think he plays Wow? They do their internal testing, mechanics checks and read feedback, I highly doubt any of the higher ups play the game.
    Hi Sephurik

On H Iron Qon, our rogues and monk soak like 7 stacks of fire debuff from Roshak phase. Makes the fight easy mode since ranged ignore stacking mechanics. On the wind storm phase, rogues sprint out to the sides easily. Anyone else feeling like warriors are missing something here!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    On H Iron Qon, our rogues and monk soak like 7 stacks of fire debuff from Roshak phase. Makes the fight easy mode since ranged ignore stacking mechanics. On the wind storm phase, rogues sprint out to the sides easily. Anyone else feeling like warriors are missing something here!?!
    You mean you can't heroic leap/intervene someone who took a portal and be out of the windstorm in 1 second?
    Warrior DPS isn't terrible, our main issue is the lack of good defensive CDs, especially magic based. That's the big issue with us this tier. The RPPM/scaling issue may impact us next tier, but we'll see what changes come around before I start worrying.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-06-05 at 05:08 AM.

I don't know the wind phase is really anything but problematic for a warrior. Damage though is rather bad on that encounter.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-06-05 at 07:38 AM.

I do exactly that dark. I'm trying to say that rogues beat us in defensives and still have good mobility. Plus I would argue they do better single target dps as well. We are missing something here.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    You mean you can't heroic leap/intervene someone who took a portal and be out of the windstorm in 1 second?
    Warrior DPS isn't terrible, our main issue is the lack of good defensive CDs, especially magic based. That's the big issue with us this tier. The RPPM/scaling issue may impact us next tier, but we'll see what changes come around before I start worrying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do exactly that dark. I'm trying to say that rogues beat us in defensives and still have good mobility. Plus I would argue they do better single target dps as well. We are missing something here.
    A lot would argue that they SHOULD beat us is DPS being that they do not bring forth the ability to tank if needed (hybrid tax debate). I don't have survivability problems on this specific encounter. In fact, in P1, zerker stance gives me HS/WS spam abilities that make me feel much more competitive. I am behind in I Level to the rest of my raid and come out pretty well on this encounter. Our other warrior who's I level is more competitve with the raid is normaly top 5 for our group, which says a lot since everyone does great dps (they log parses regularly).

Plus I would argue they do better single target dps as well.
    Don't think that anyone would really argue that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    A lot would argue that they SHOULD beat us is DPS being that they do not bring forth the ability to tank if needed (hybrid tax debate). I don't have survivability problems on this specific encounter. In fact, in P1, zerker stance gives me HS/WS spam abilities that make me feel much more competitive. I am behind in I Level to the rest of my raid and come out pretty well on this encounter. Our other warrior who's I level is more competitve with the raid is normaly top 5 for our group, which says a lot since everyone does great dps (they log parses regularly).
    Ya but tact is good and your mages suck. TAKE THAT TINRAN

Quote Originally Posted by Quill View Post

It's all about the feather procs sadly, it controls our dps
    But funny enough, I feel like it's proccing alot more in 5.3 to the point I almost believe they changed/bugged something with it. Or rng is just.. rng

I still don't feel like we've ever been THAT much behind as Senturion would imply, with the exception of 2 classes (rogues/warlocks) otherwise I can keep up tbh.
    Some classes are just beast sometimes, it happens. Deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    I still don't feel like we've ever been THAT much behind as Senturion would imply, with the exception of 2 classes (rogues/warlocks) otherwise I can keep up tbh.
    Well since they finally fixed the encounter detection for everything but ra'den on wol I feel it looks even a bit worse than before.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-06-06 at 01:24 PM.