Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Spreading half knowledge is even worse than a rogue not using tricks. You come on this forum without evidence for your claims and insult a general standard we had going on for over half a year now... yep, so pro.

You'll be still able to cast it just 2-3 depending on the time, and yours is going out during BL anyways, even if you hold it back. You two should get your facts straight before posting BS.
    Wait what? Where does your facts come from?
    Stormlash scales from your SP/AP. For certain skills stormlash also does more damage. Stormlash got an ICD at 0.1 seconds.
    Quote from bluepost long time ago:

Stormlash is complicated. You do not need to understand or remember all of this to benefit from the spell. We're just sharing the insides of the sausage because it was asked for theorycrafting purposes.

Stormlash. Chapter One...

The base damage is 20% of AP or 30% of SP, whichever is higher.
    That amount is multiplied by 0.2 for normal pets, and by 0 for guardian pets.
    Next, if it’s an autoattack (or spell that we count as an autoattack such as Wind Lash or Shadow Blades or Tiger Strikes), then it’s multiplied by 0.4, and then by WeaponSpeed / 2.6. And if it’s an offhand attack, it’s then multiplied by 0.5.
    If it’s periodic damage, it doesn’t Stormlash, unless it’s Mind Flay, Malefic Grasp, or Drain Soul.
    For all other spells, it’s then multiplied by BaseCastTime / 1.5 sec, with a floor on the BaseCastTime of 1.5 sec.
    And then there are multipliers for certain spells: 2x for Lightning Bolt, 2x for Lava Burst, 2x for Drain Soul, 0.5x for Sinister Strike.
    Finally, that’s the average damage it deals. It will actually deal that +/- 15 %.
    It also has a 0.1 sec ICD on triggering, and can miss based on spell hit.
    I've been on this forum for quite some while, altough didn't post in start. Been here for the whole MoP discussion and have never heard about the "stormlash discussion" that you're talking about.

I see no reason for saving Stormlash after Ascendance. Your spells other than LvB might have a higher base cast time which deals more Stormlash damage, but you are likely casting more spells during Ascendance which would yield more Stormlash damage.

Quote Originally Posted by bokonan View Post
    crit and haste are the two best stats for fire elemental scaling outside of spell power. while they won't do much for you personally during ascendance, they are still beneficial stats for you on the pull and they are not wasted unless you cannot use your fire elemental on the pull for some reason
    and you're going for that over skull banner? unless you have 2 warriors in your raid a 3rd, and my fire ele will be buffed more than enough from all my trinkets and meta gem/lust etc, and i get back to casting EB sooner because i've done my ascendance earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    I see no reason for saving Stormlash after Ascendance. Your spells other than LvB might have a higher base cast time which deals more Stormlash damage, but you are likely casting more spells during Ascendance which would yield more Stormlash damage.
    that's it I would say. also from every dd in the raid the trinkets are procing on start mainly haste and int/sp which means they do benefit even more from stormlash in that time. so I'm all in for storm lash on start. just before ascendance so you are not wasting a gcd.

Spreading half knowledge is even worse than a rogue not using tricks. You come on this forum without evidence for your claims and insult a general standard we had going on for over half a year now... yep, so pro.

You'll be still able to cast it just 2-3 depending on the time, and yours is going out during BL anyways, even if you hold it back. You two should get your facts straight before posting BS.
    the same it true for your statement. where are the sources of this discussion?

Deleted
    You two should get your facts straight before posting BS.
    Irony overwhelming. You need to consider stuff like banner/stampede/potions/trinket procs which all take place at the start of the fight and increase SLT damage by a fair margin. SLT doesn't just give you X amount of damage which can be deployed at any point.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    and you're going for that over skull banner? unless you have 2 warriors in your raid a 3rd, and my fire ele will be buffed more than enough from all my trinkets and meta gem/lust etc, and i get back to casting EB sooner because i've done my ascendance earlier.
    first of all, what? this post was about a pre-pull or very early cast of EB having a 2/3 chance of giving a "poor" stat, which i simply said that none of the stats received from Elemental blast are "poor" as long as you have your fire ele out.
    secondly, if by "doing your ascendance earlier" you mean you've popped ascendance before the pull? idk what you are getting at, but yes i would make sure that your ascendance lines up with your 1 or 2 or 16 skull banners, that's pretty obvious.

it seems like this thread is getting pretty off topic as no one is really understanding (or even reading) the posts they are commenting about. for a guild like mine that runs 4 shaman, it is important that stormlashes are chained effectively during the pull especially if we are popping hero, i tend to flame shock immediately after hero is popped, lava burst, stormlash (which acts as a buffer for my wushoolay's proc to push my ascendance one gcd further into the proc) and then ascend. generally leaving me with the ability to cast one last spell with wushoolay's, hydra, hero, pot, clearcasting, and a possible meta proc - upwards of 70k spell power and 130% haste - huge fulmination or flame shock depending on what i feel like.

at any rate, stormlash is a RAID cooldown, and aside from the fact that it is ridiculous raid dps, it is not a huge loss personally if at all. do yourselves a favor, look at your logs, and see how much damage you are dealing via stormlash on the pull. generally this is several hundred thousand damage which, depending on rng, can be more effective damage than a single lava burst cast, especially when you can get 9 full casts of gcd capped lava bursts out of it via ascendance. but of course if your raid comp, buffs, etc allow you to cast stormlash in the place of a lightning bolt filler during heroism, that is the best case for you personally, but i have yet to see any dps shaman solo current content (see: RAID cooldown).

the qq about nothing in particular just gets annoying on these threads