Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Seems like a lot of bug fixes and some more trivial overworld content. Content looks to be... events in Southsun and NPC dialogue. Well, hold me down I might fly off with excitement.
    I semi enjoyed it, but i think it was actually the prospect of Sunshine Cove actually have something going on that makes it worth being in the world map. When you put it that way. Yeah its nothing groundbreaking from the formula they used with Flame & Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I semi enjoyed it, but i think it was actually the prospect of Sunshine Cove actually have something going on that makes it worth being in the world map. When you put it that way. Yeah its nothing groundbreaking from the formula they used with Flame & Frost.
    Starting to feel rather ho-hum to be honest. I did like F&F to a degree. Though it drrrrrrragggggggggeeeddddd on forever, seemingly.

Logically, I understand how the game is designed to be played and monetized. It's such a bore at this point to read this type of prmoing almost a year running.

What-flippin'-ever, Arena.net.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet a couple short months ago Fencers was meh-ing and bah-ing that there wasn't enough events in Southsun.

Now the zone is full of players, events, loot, a minigame, new skins, achievements galore and I can't freakin' get out of overflow!

What-flippin'-ever, Fencers.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    New content and I am at tests month... FML

Interesting item in the Guild Wars 2 release section. There will be a May 28th patch called "Last Stand at Southsun". Looks like ANet really are trying out two week releases for patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Yet a couple short months ago Fencers was meh-ing and bah-ing that there wasn't enough events in Southsun.
    Meh-ing over a lack of events in Southsun?

I was meh-ing over Anet's ridiculous "expansion worth of content" BS rhetoric and shallow overworld content in the same vein of the rest of the game.

Which if you note, is still exactly the source of meh-ing & bah-ing now with Return to Southsun: Yet More Bandits Attacking Settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Looks like ANet really are trying out two week releases for patches.
    Not a fan. I actually think 1 month is bordering on too short for many events, depending on what all is involved.

Honestly, there isn't very much they're implementing that I find fun or enjoyable, yet it's all required for the meta achievements, of course. Living Story, I'm sorry, has just been awful. It's subjective, I'm sure, but the story was boring and the achievements/activities were boring. It sounds like Molten Facility was the only real fun to be had and that was 2 weeks out of the 2-3 months F&F has been dragged on and even that was cut short causing many people, myself included, to miss it.

Needless to say, I'm not going to get amped up about 2 week patch intervals when the content is this dull and if there is anything worth doing the timeline is so short it's too easy to miss.

I rather like this current one. While it doesn't really have a whole lot of meat story or lore wise, there are quite a few things to do. Plus you can get an interesting looking backpiece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh-ing over a lack of events in Southsun?

I was meh-ing over Anet's ridiculous "expansion worth of content" BS rhetoric and shallow overworld content in the same vein of the rest of the game.

Which if you note, is still exactly the source of meh-ing & bah-ing now with Return to Southsun: Yet More Bandits Attacking Settlements.

I've seen karka of all kinds, skelk, tourists, reef drakes, windriders, consortium, wind riders, settlers, sharks, veterans and champions of all sorts and any number of crazed beasts but not a single solitary bandit.

As far as the expansion's worth of content, I will Yet Again refer you to Colin's statement made 4 months ago:

Quote Originally Posted by ColinJohanson
    To set expectations accordingly, the January release will be a relatively small release that sets the table for the stories and features we plan to roll out with the Feb/March releases and beyond. Also, there will be no new race, profession, or new region with these larger Feb/March releases. One of our major goals with these releases is making our existing world as strong as possible, ensuring there are reasons to go to all the locations in the world we’ve already built, and strengthening the core game we’ve provided. In saying this will be an expansions worth of stuff in these releases, we’re talking about the number of new features that will be rolled out across PvE, WvW, and PvP in early 2013, which usually you’d only find in an expansion for a traditional MMORPG.
    This has been posted here many times, is your memory really that bad?
    Do we really need to list all the features yet again that have been released in the last 4 months?

It's very clear that with your 7000+ posts on this forum (5x as many as you've made on the game you say you play), all of them which can be distilled to "meh" type comments on every single solitary aspect of this game, on every content release, the way you try to trivialize or minimize everything that's been done to "attack by bandits" or whatever that you are serving a different agenda than what a moderator of a game forum should be doing.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Can they stop this mundane living story stuff and get some housing in instead. :P

On a side note, I dont see what Fencers moderator status has to do with what her opinion should be on a game, she is here to moderate not to convince people to like the game, lets face it since release the moderators seem to be so uninterested as to not post or just meh-ing, only Zilong really has what I would class a positive attitude to the game, they are here to moderate, they arent a part of the Anet PR machine like you Karizee.

I'd definitely like to see housing but I don't think that is anywhere close to their priorities

I can see guild halls being put in before housing.

Deleted
    It's disappointing how the whole story spoils for you in mere seconds only looking at the achievement tab...

ArenaNet should train to lock achievements away that we can't get yet...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Can they stop this mundane living story stuff and get some housing in instead. :P

On a side note, I dont see what Fencers moderator status has to do with what her opinion should be on a game, she is here to moderate not to convince people to like the game, lets face it since release the moderators seem to be so uninterested as to not post or just meh-ing, only Zilong really has what I would class a positive attitude to the game, they are here to moderate, they arent a part of the Anet PR machine like you Karizee.
    And I guess that makes you the Blizz PR machine?

If there were moderators on other forums on this board deriding a game to the tune of 7000+ posts you might have a point.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    And I guess that makes you the Blizz PR machine?

If there were moderators on other forums on this board deriding a game to the tune of 7000+ posts you might have a point.
    300 wow posts, not much of a machine now am I, I go out of my way to correct peoples misconceptions and falacies regarding wow in this board but I don't play wow nor am i subbed any longer, its long since turned in to a part of my gaming history, its aged, grindy and totally not worth a sub fee.
    I'm going to avoid discussing mods now, pretty sure you can make formal complaints to whoever you need to if you feel strongly enough about it, if you dont then just suck it up, Fencers knows full well what I think of her postings, and im sure not 2 shits is given by her.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-05-15 at 08:29 AM.

I've seen karka of all kinds, skelk, tourists, reef drakes, windriders, consortium, wind riders, settlers, sharks, veterans and champions of all sorts and any number of crazed beasts but not a single solitary bandit.
    Bandit. Centaur. Karka. Bears. Skelk.

These DEs are mostly the same mechanically. The models used, whether drake or bandit, are of no consequence.

As far as the expansion's worth of content, I will Yet Again refer you to Colin's statement made 4 months ago:
    That's PR backpedaling, sweetie.

Which is the sort of thing companies do after they say something received poorly.

It's very clear that with your 7000+ posts on this forum (5x as many as you've made on the game you say you play), all of them which can be distilled to "meh" type comments on every single solitary aspect of this game, on every content release
    We are not fan moderators. Passing out high fives is not a requirement of the position.

the way you try to trivialize or minimize everything that's been done to "attack by bandits"
    Gameplay is not opinion, it is objective fact. If the mechanics behind an play system are minimal or recycled then that is an objective truth.

The thing about video games is they are a medium were the mode and method of their existence is quantifiable. We can't measure the emotional impact of Darth Vader revealing to Luke his patronage. But we can look at Guild Wars 2 or League of Legends [ex] and evaluate their play systems on an objective basis.

In design and gameplay Guild Wars 2's DE system uses many of the same DE mechanics repeatedly. Anet sort of have to really. DEs are not practical if done any other way A bandit attacking a farm is no different in design from a centaur attacking a bridge.

It is the same fundamental design issue with overworld events from Warhammer to Rift. Technically it's kind of an AI/Logic issue more than a design issue. EQ Next supposedly solves this w/ dynamic, on-the-fly scripting. Time will tell.

or whatever that you are serving a different agenda than what a moderator of a game forum should be doing.
    We have no agenda or mandate.

Mods are free to post opinions or debate issues as they see fit within the rules of MMO-Champion. Just as all other users, fyi.

I understand you are enthusiastic for this game in particular. And that's great. Though perhaps dialing down your personal investment in the honor of Guild Wars 2 is a wise idea from a high level.

There will be more mehs in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you prefer your mobs stationary so you can go up and attack a bandit or a centaur or a dragon or whatever shape the pixels are in.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    So you prefer your mobs stationary so you can go up and attack a bandit or a centaur or a dragon or whatever shape the pixels are in.
    Well, all the world bosses are already stationary....

It's nowhere a bad game, Guild Wars 2 is great, and I like it, I think Fencers do too, but it's nowhere from flawless like any other game, and even the working mechanics and stuff like that can actually feel ''meh'' from time to time, but they are still a great thing, and it's something ArenaNet can improve on in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's PR backpedaling, sweetie.
    "And that’s every single month, adding giant updates to our game and do a huge release that really gives the players the sense that they’re paying their monthly fee, and every four to five months, they’re getting free expansions’ worth of content as part of logging into our game"

Quick instigate backpeddling mode "Wait no I meant an expansions worth of features not content!"

I recognise the passion you have towards GW2. I share it.

However every time someone (often Fencers) says something negative you jump in to defend it with the same passion. It looks zealos and can detract from the genuine points you want to make.

The fact is, there are millions of players out there who are playing MMOs they prefer over GW2. Not everyone is impressed by it's gameplay and not everyone is impressed by these updates. However much you or I love this game, this is something that cannot be denied.

Back to the topic at hand:

Had a brief run around Southsun this morning. I like the new settlements; I very much approve of an already beautiful zone finally getting it's due content. Hope it's full of permanent new DE's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i agree with most posters. I very much apreciate the 'free' content they put out. That said though, one look at the Release page in their official website, and you can see they sort of made the Southsun Cove patch and then axed it in half to split it in 2 releases, giving the illusion its more content. Also man was i bummed to see a spoiler for the reason of increased agression in the animals of the island on a freakin rare item.