Ventrillo/Mumble free?

I've searched around on google, but I can't find any really good free servers. I am looking for at least a 25 slot free server for either Mumble or Ventrillo. Do these exist?

10+ Year Old Account
    why don't you just buy a server then??? there aren't any for free... or just use skype.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

You should look into Raidcall. Good sound quality, completely free, pretty easy to set up, lots of features.

Vent is like $3 a month. You can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    why don't you just buy a server then??? there aren't any for free... or just use skype.
    Because maybe he doesn't want to pay for one? Is it that hard to grasp?

At OP: I've heard of some free vents being thrown around, but I don't know how good they are. Sorry I can't help more.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

It is much easier to use skype, its free, easy to use and download, its free, you can put your team in a group and call them all at once, its free, allows for a faster response, and its free.

Did I mention it was free?
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    It is much easier to use skype, its free, easy to use and download, its free, you can put your team in a group and call them all at once, its free, allows for a faster response, and its free.

Did I mention it was free?
    Skype is pretty teribad for raiding quite frankly for several reasons

It has a very high CPU usage compared to Mumble/Vent

You hear everyones background noises all the time beacuse no push to talk which is not ideal when 25 people is all in the conversation, sure it's fine for a friendly call between 3-4 friends but it gets messy during a raid.

No officer binding/rooms which means officers can't discuss things privately without starting a new conversion which is time consuming and sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post

You hear everyones background noises all the time beacuse no push to talk which is not ideal when 25 people is all in the conversation, sure it's fine for a friendly call between 3-4 friends but it gets messy during a raid.

No officer binding/rooms which means officers can't discuss things privately without starting a new conversion which is time consuming and sucks!
    You can set skype to push to talk, it is not explicitly called that, but you can follow this link to set it up. And as far as the officer rooms go, anyone can drag people up to have a private conversation if need be. Skype can be a perfectly viable alternative, as the OP wanted a totally free service, beg-ers cant be choosers. Paid services will obviously accommodate more and may be what you are looking for, but if you are looking for a free service that has options for push-to-talk, Skype should be considered. If you are raiding 25 man, and have a PC that can handle that without issue, the CPU usage should not have a noticeable affect.

Deleted
    It will suck major b***s if the operator of the call lose his connection though, and everyone in the call will get hung up.

Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post

Skype has a push-to-talk button, it's just called push-to-mute. If you toggle push-to-mute and then mute your mic at all times, it becomes a push-to-talk button. Regardless, I still wouldn't use Skype for 25 man raiding.

OT: Vent is fairly cheap, and odds are you won't find a good free vent server. Your best bet is to buy one, if you're absolutely against buying one then ask the other 24 people in the group if they'll buy one.

If you have a decent network connection, you could just run a mumble server on your own computer. Although I wouldn't recommend running it on less than 2mbit/s upload for 10mans, or 4.5mbit/s for 25mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Skype has a push-to-talk button, it's just called push-to-mute. If you toggle push-to-mute and then mute your mic at all times, it becomes a push-to-talk button. Regardless, I still wouldn't use Skype for 25 man raiding.

OT: Vent is fairly cheap, and odds are you won't find a good free vent server. Your best bet is to buy one, if you're absolutely against buying one then ask the other 24 people in the group if they'll buy one.
    You are correct, Skype is not the most ideal application to facilitate a call of that size, and there are inherent complications that go with creating a call for 25 people.

I did a quick Google Search, and found this page that lists 3 free voice chat application that you may find useful. Of the 3 listed, you are already aware of Mumble, the other two being Vivox C3 and Xfire.

Hope that helps.

Why dont you use Dolby Axon?
    http://axon.dolby.com/

I tried it out with a couple of friends and its pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skype while raiding.
    Oh god the mouthbreathers.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Skype while raiding.
    Oh god the mouthbreathers.
    You get used to it, we raid with skype ever since we went 10man and will never really look back from a 10man perspective.
    It has PTT now and other then the host dc'ing being an issue its a fine alternative, + had a vent server crash plenty midpull. As for the cpu arguement, this is true but if you can't run a 10man raid and skype something is seriously wrong with your computer, even a Pentium D can manage just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raidcall is great. Good voice quality. Easy setup. Low voice lag.

AND FREE!!!

We use it exclusively for both of our 10M Heroic groups.

I'm actually looking at getting a mumble server for our raid group. Any reccomendations for EU hosted ones?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    I'm actually looking at getting a mumble server for our raid group. Any reccomendations for EU hosted ones?
    I used the Lightspeed ones for a long time and never had any issues. Enjin's are cheapper but I think you need to have your guild website hosted there (or at least have it created).