Deleted

FTP player needs help with must buy items from cartel market.

Hi there fellow Swtor players.

At the moment im currently downloading the game and i cant believe that im finally going to play the game for the very first time.

Been following the game since 2008,was pretty active in the forums and read avidly every post about any subject regarding the game.
    Now you're probably wondering why the hell i didnt start playing at launch,well my mother passed away in 2010 and on top of that with all the crisis going on in Spain i lost my job,money in the bank dwindled all the way to 0 and my car was stolen...all that in a 6 month period.

So as you can imagine playing Swtor wasnt something i didnt want to do at that time,well time went buy and finally my life seems to be again on track so decided to buy myself a new pc and to download Swtor.

Sorry for this wall of text regarding my personal life but this is kinda a big moment for me

Well anyway back to the subject in hand,im going to be a FTP player but i have about 50 euros to spend on the expansion and several cartel items that you guys would consider indispensable for my account (extra character slot, extra cargo space etc,etc)

So i would really apreciate if you guys could give me a hand and make a little list of stuff i should buy from cartel market with the 50 euro budget i have for now (including the expansion)

Thanks to everyone in advance and i hope your adventures in Swtor are filled with good times.

P.s:Sorry for any grammatical errors,english isnt my native language.

One tip subscribe for a month, will cost you 12 euro's and you can play the game without restrictions. After that you will become a preferred player and unlocks things. From then you will have a notice what you want to unlock and what not.

Hit 50 lvl first with as f2p, you dont need to buy anything. Then sub for one mount and get ROTHC for 8 EUR, in that 30 days u can farm credit and get all stuff u need from gtn (extra char slot, cargo space, Artifact authorization and some other stuff u may need...). So in total u gonna have playable game acc for 21 EUR.

Quote Originally Posted by tibers View Post
    Hit 50 lvl first with as f2p, you dont need to buy anything. Then sub for one mount and get ROTHC for 8 EUR, in that 30 days u can farm credit and get all stuff u need from gtn (extra char slot, cargo space, Artifact authorization and some other stuff u may need...). So in total u gonna have playable game acc for 21 EUR.
    ^This is good. Alt strategy to this: Spend $5 usd now (3.81 EUR conversion??) to become preferred so you level as one with all associated perks. It's a much smoother ride than going pure F2P imo. Take two gathering skills as you level, sell all the mats on GTN. Buy only extra inventory slots as you need them and helm unlock (off the in game auction house) if watching your character talk through a bucket in cutscenes would bother you. Don't bother with artifact unlock until you're L50. Sell all purple rewards you get from quests on the GTN. And whenever hit you close to 350k credits cap while leveling, buy whatever else unlocks you want to smooth out your gaming experience. If you plan to craft, buy one extra cargo bay for the crafting character and don't bother with it for your other characters. The cargo bay you get as preferred is more than enough unless you are a consummate pack rat.

I've been playing as preferred and managed to unlock everything I could possibly want for my characters already using in game credits...section X and artifact unlocks included. I'm at a point where I seriously don't think I'll ever bother with subscribing. I've unlocked what I need and then some. If I want to play Hutts, I'll just wait for a sale (it's not worth $20 usd to me right now.)

There are advantages to subbing just once especially if the prices for higher end unlocks (artifact license, section X) on the GTN are consistently priced out of your reach as f2p or preferred on your server. But if you can reasonably buy the unlocks with in game credits, I'd do that instead and save your Euros.

No need to make a decision on any of this right now. Download the game, log in, make your character, get it through the first two planets and then decide how you want to go about things.

Hope this helps

Deleted
    Sorry for taking so long to reply was in bed with a bad cold so havent even logged in yet hehe,thanks for the info guys.

Well ive read the post and yeah preferred seems to way to go for now,will probably get the helmet unlock and isnt there some sort of travel buff usable only if i buy with the cartel points?

Read somewhere that it does lower the walking around time you have to do while going on quest?

Apart from that maybe some extra cargo space would be nice,although i think ill just use two gathering skills like efshine indicated me and then at cap lvl just power lvl any crafting proff that would be good for my future smuggler (gunslinger)

Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my post.

Cheers from sunny Spain

10+ Year Old Account
    With legacy you can buy speeder authorization and rocket boost for credits vs cartel coins. I "think" legacy is unlocked at level 10 now and those perks require certain legacy levels before you can unlock with credits vs cartel coins
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael8

Deathwing was flapping along in the dragonblight getting ready to attack the tower whennnnn..... BAM!!! He gets nailed with a giant plasma beam coming down from the sky Grafton style from Halo Reach!!!! It would seem that Rhonin finally decided to put his 24mil mana to use...

Seconding the suggestion of starting off as Subscriber for a month, as that has all the shinies mostly unlocked (quickbars, flashpoints, warzones, etc.), then you wind up as preferred. From there, you'll see the differences between Subscriber/Preferred (in-game seems to be more of an effect than the list on the swtor site), and can see what all of those you'd want to buy from the Market.

There's a few handy Market packs (the Going Places bundle, at 2150 coins currently, is nice; Rocket Boost + upgrades, Speeder Piloting 1-3, lowered CD on quick travel, assorted quick travel options, and 10 fleet passes & quick travel passes); I guess it all depends on what you want to do with your coins: make money, or improve your experience with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mstieler View Post
    Seconding the suggestion of starting off as Subscriber for a month, as that has all the shinies mostly unlocked (quickbars, flashpoints, warzones, etc.), then you wind up as preferred. From there, you'll see the differences between Subscriber/Preferred (in-game seems to be more of an effect than the list on the swtor site), and can see what all of those you'd want to buy from the Market.

There's a few handy Market packs (the Going Places bundle, at 2150 coins currently, is nice; Rocket Boost + upgrades, Speeder Piloting 1-3, lowered CD on quick travel, assorted quick travel options, and 10 fleet passes & quick travel passes); I guess it all depends on what you want to do with your coins: make money, or improve your experience with the game.

Do you mind elaborating a bit more? How can you make money from cartel coins?

Also just got back and dusted off my lvl 31 Jedi Sentinel. I have 5K cartel coins but not really sure what to do with them. I am actually having lots of fun again (Star Wars fanboy) so I am considering re-subbing. Still, with so many coins I want to make sure I get the right value right away.

Making money with Cartel Coins:

Firstly: Cartel stuff is bound to your for a little under 2 days after you buy it. If you buy a Contraband Pack, it's bound, then open it, you'll find the contents are bound to you as well, but on the same timer as the pack (open the pack with 18 hours left to unbind, the items inside will have 18 hours left to unbind)

From what I've seen, apparently buying Flashpoint/Warzone/Operation unlocks (the weekly ones) and selling them on the GTN, they sell pretty fast, but there's a hefty market, and couple take tweaking to get a good amount of sales.

Alternately, buy Contraband Packs and sell them on the GTN, or some of the other packs and sell those on the GTN.