Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Stat weights Haste>Crit Reforge?

Has anyone tried the Haste > Crit reforge and has stat weights for them?

there are so many thread about this....

Quote Originally Posted by Dorakko7 View Post
    there are so many thread about this....
    Here, I'll say it for you.

Yes, there's been a ton of people that have tried it. It's not worth it. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

I have it at the moment. Uptimes on trinkets are around 30% all the time (bad juju and renataki) and I've not tried to go crit > haste while having these two.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4x7jzermvhku1nzw/
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jvhxvp20qxqb07rc/

here are our latest logs. (dont mind iron qon wipes, we had some random guys with us)

While stat weights differ from character to characters and from different gear/reforges/gems...

What I has. (BM)

I've seen many of my logs have 40%+ uptime on trinkets. On Tsulong/Sha a few weeks ago, I was closing in on 60% uptime. But RNG is RNG, with the same setup, I've seen sub 20% uptime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Here, I'll say it for you.

Yes, there's been a ton of people that have tried it. It's not worth it. Ever.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/16...kings/players/

^ That player however is using Haste reforges.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/16...kings/players/

^ That player however is using Haste reforges.
    He is retardely overgeared, better than most 25man raiding hunters. He will do top notch damage regardless of his reforges so not really a good example.

@op

just stick with crit, rppm is rng regardless of how much haste you have so 1 try you can do joke dmg then the next sick. Its about consistant dmg rather than getting lucky 1 try with procs.

Deleted
    I'm testing it myself 526 ilvl with hc rentaki and juju dolls.

When reforged crit > haste : Rentaki avg 28% and meta gem around 68% uptime
    When reforged haste > crit : Rentaki avg 32% and meta gem around 79% uptime

It's a small improvement overall, but I think u should only go for very high haste in combination with the bloodlust talisman, I think those two combined can make the rppm trinkets and other things procs like crazy, also you need to have the gear, with the right hc + hc tf gear you can stick around 9k crit whilst going for around 13k haste.

"rppm is rng regardless of how much haste you have" - well of course, rng will always be rng, but the more haste, the more chance it is for it to proc. And if it procs, you get agility, which also means crit.

In relation to stat weights and gear, when does BM begin to overtake surv as simc suggests? I've summed myself and the current result is surv > BM. Noticing on non ape fights most top hunters are BM.

I've been experimenting with haste over crit and I'm really liking it. At the very least it's not significantly nerfing my DPS. I've been getting much better logs (14th on H Jin'rok last night) but that could be attributed to lots of things. It's hard to be scientific about it when I don't really trust the sims with haste/rppm calculations but it seems great in my experience, and it's certainly working well for some top hunters. I say hop on the bandwagon. 40-50% uptimes on Renataki/Juju are fun.

I'm staying Crit>Haste>Mastery for now. Sitting at 514ilvl.

Oh, and I have like 7500 Haste doing so.

I'm not all world or anything but I've been getting some pretty decent rankings going Haste > Crit > Mastery. With all the RPPM items, I'm very confident in saying Haste is better that Crit. I've had some fights where both my trinkets have had 50% up time. RNG yes, but thats just ridiculous. For the most part my trinket procs are usually over 30%.

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...r/Puert%C3%B3/

What's ur item level or better still is item level important in determining whether to go haste reforging or is it dependant on the number of RPPm items you have.

Watching Devai(Dream paragon)'s stream the other night. He is full haste > Crit. Some fight his trinkets went off quiet a bit, others not so much. You can have 13k haste and still not get trinkets to proc. But Haste just improves youre chance.

If You don't have at least the 2set + one RRPM trinket i wouldn't recommend Haste > Crit. Thats just my 2 cents

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aHeeRo View Post
    Watching Devai(Dream paragon)'s stream the other night. He is full haste > Crit. Some fight his trinkets went off quiet a bit, others not so much. You can have 13k haste and still not get trinkets to proc. But Haste just improves youre chance.

If You don't have at least the 2set + one RRPM trinket i wouldn't recommend Haste > Crit. Thats just my 2 cents
    Haste also affects rppm on your scope, profession proc enchants and 2set/4set.

So in short, I do think it's very worth it, it's probably even better once you get the talisman trinket hc tf - seen some logs where people have 80+% uptime on it. The more hunters try it and log the more certain we can say it's an improvement, even though that requires a lot of data.

It's obviously not as good as raid parses, but going out and hitting a dummy for awhile can give you an idea of how it would work for your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Haste also affects rppm on your scope, profession proc enchants and 2set/4set.

So in short, I do think it's very worth it, it's probably even better once you get the talisman trinket hc tf - seen some logs where people have 80+% uptime on it. The more hunters try it and log the more certain we can say it's an improvement, even though that requires a lot of data.
    I don't see anywhere that states that our scopes or Prof enchants were given the RPPM treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow so much bad/negative feedback on this post. Is haste > crit depends on where you stand with gear. Its pretty much like armor pen back in days , you went full blow armor pen when you had the right gear. This is from WFU source:http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/...s-haste-value/

There isn’t much question that haste becomes your best secondary stat with great gear and all the RPPM items. The point of endless disagreement is going to be exactly where the line is — when does haste cross over from a low-rate secondary stat into the top secondary stat?

I can tell you right now that there is no one “right” answer, and for a good amount of space on either side of the line the picture is going to be messy. As always with haste, some of the benefit depends on your actual ability to take full advantage of it: in a world where human optimization decisions are made on computer performance models, when you’re riding that line you may not get what you’d expect (or you may get more).

The good news is that if you’re anywhere near that line — remotely near it — the difference one way or the other is going to be so small that you won’t even be able to measure it!

But what I want to stress to hunters is that haste uber alles is not going to be the right strategy for everyone. Much like armor pen back in the day, you need to reach a certain gear level before it actually becomes better than other secondary stats (and of course agility, ranged dps, and being at the hit and expertise cap are all more important still).

Deleted
    "He is retardely overgeared, better than most 25man raiding hunters. He will do top notch damage regardless of his reforges so not really a good example."

True, this reset I looted so many items that my iLvL raised from 531 to almost 536, but for most of content I've had worse gear than Hunters from Depraved or Moonz (10man guilds) and still got better dps.
    Anyway I would say that haste is rng ofc, but it's HASTE CONTENT lol. Every proc is calculated by haste rating, so I decided to abandon crit rating this one time :P
    For SV haste rating is about to increase also casting time of Cobra Shots, but remember that for BM it's also affects pet attack speed so it's even better boost imo.
    From my FD and SimCraft tests I can also tell u that Haste is quite close to Crit, but just looks better :P
    Last edited by mmoc0295bea9e3; 2013-05-03 at 10:18 AM.