City Simulation Game - Idea

Hello,

I have been itching to play a city builder recently and yes I have played the new Sim City but just cant get past the tiny areas to build cities, so until this is fixed im looking to pick up Cities XL Platinum this week, from what ive heard / watched its Sim City but better lol. The highway mod that allows you to build ridiculous freeway intersections pretty much had me sold. Anyway the point of this thread is twofold I guess you could say. First of all, what is your take on Cities XL? Second of all, is there any City builder that includes actual emergency issues that occur on roadways? Let me explain:

If you have a city of several million its definitely a surprise that you will go months / years without some serious car accidents on your major freeways. Ive always noticed this in city simulation games and no matter how new they get or how much more stuff it includes I have yet to see a car crash on any of my roads in any game. This would provide players with a completely unique simulation experience such as traffic jams, emergency response times and roadway reassesment. I do love how Sim City has robberies / medical emergencies / fires dont get me wrong, it would just be a interesting thing to see stuff happening on the streets (Not that Sim City doesnt have enough traffic problems l0l).

Anyway any feedback is appreciated, oh and if there any other City simulation that is challenging besides Cities XL or Sim City let me know!! This weekend is going to be dedicated to it.

Thanks

Do NOT get Cities XL, it's buggy and suffers from memory leaks. You get some major slowdowns in that game after an hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlster View Post
    from what ive heard / watched its Sim City but better lol.
    Dream on. It is incredibly shallow by comparison(comparing to 4). Worth trying but I would not recommend it over sim city, they just have a much more fun approach imo.