well i am not surprised , i have been playing since beta , still playing today , i dont realy agree on what they are doing but whatever.. still having fun with a few friends x) but i can understand that poeple that are not so attached to friends/guild are just leaving ! x)

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    They said a majority of the 1.3 mill was from asia. Somehow I doubt asians want things easier.
    Didn't know a majority means all.

Correct me if I'm wrong but its been a sub lost of 1.7 mil since MOP launched and that is more then all of cata lost or nearly more. Also blizzard done said that the subs will be lower by the end of MOP and that casual's was not engaging MOP much.

Want to know why casual's are hating MOP ill tell you why "as a casual" I hated that blizzard thinks daily's are content I hate that I was forced to do LFR "even tho I like it" because normal mode was tunned to be a mind fuck unless you can spend most of your week in it.

And that in order to get off of dead servers we got to pay 25$ per toon or start over. Blizzard made so much account wide so that people would chose start over "keep most of your stuff" or pay the 25$.

I hate how MOP is not alt friendly in every single way. In wotlk I had 4 Max level toons in Cata I had 3 "would be 4 but I hated CATA priest healing" in mop I got 1.

You know the endgame is bad when I enjoyed soloing old content more then playing the new content and that is why I liked LFR it helped me gear so I could go do old content.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 01:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Out of the current 3, LFR is the mode that probably needs to cater to the widest skill range of players, from greenhorns to schedule-prohibited older raiders who need to be at least mildly entertained.
    Right and tune Normal to cater to Schedule-prohibited raiders and heroic for those who do the guild thing.

In other words rework the difficulty so LFR is just a bit harder while making Normal and Heroic Easy'er.

Then give out free server transfers.

I would personally resub if blizzard let me move my toons to another server and off my dead one and reworked the difficulty levels and got rid of the shitty gating they do with daily's and LFR.

Its not fun to not have new content besides daily's on patch day its a slap in the face.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-05-14 at 01:52 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

How do you fix the daily quest problem? Re-implement the daily cap. Nobody had a problem with weekly caps on valor...

How do you fix the LFR problem? Lock out LFR from Normal and Heroic. You choose to do one of the three per week... Casuals do LFR, rest do Normal/heroic. If LFR is meant just for casuals, then make the hardcore prove their worth by making them choose to run it OVER the Normal run vs using the LFR version as a means for getting an extra boost in the Normal/Heroic progression path.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    I can only support reduced difficulty Normal Modes if Blizzard guarantees that future Heroic Mode will still be as hard as current Heroic Modes. The problem with easier Normal Modes is more people are going to complete them, then complain that they will unsub because they get stuck for months on Heroic bosses, and as a result Blizzard will start nerfing Heroic Mode as we've seen with ICC and DS. I'd advocate for easier Normal Mode if Heroics won't get nerfed at all from their current difficulty.
    And you don't see the contradiction in what you're saying? People will complete normal and quit because they get stuck on harder, therefore I advocate no changes to the current heroic raid difficulty that under 50 guilds can complete and around 6000 people can do a single boss.

Heroic modes basically serve no one's interest and even if they made them easy enough that 100 times the people doing them now could do them, it would still be a tiny tiny number of players.

Heroic mode as a vanity mode for a few thousand players serves no purpose at all, any more than a club for billionaires does. The main difference there being of course, that billionaires can fund such a club without using poor people's money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

[/COLOR]clearly they been catering to casual's for years that is why the raids in cata was such a mind fuck "besides DS and TOTFW" to the point where most servers couldn't pug one and MOP has had the most hard normal's since normal mode was made.

everything else be damed endgame has be catered to the hardcore crowd more since cata then casual's.
    anything they can do to keep the unwashed masses away from normal raiding they will do. The calculation behind lfr is a cynical one and isn't because the developers care for players to see content except in so far as the economics are concerned.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    How do you fix the daily quest problem? Re-implement the daily cap. Nobody had a problem with weekly caps on valor...

How do you fix the LFR problem? Lock out LFR from Normal and Heroic. You choose to do one of the three per week... Casuals do LFR, rest do Normal/heroic. If LFR is meant just for casuals, then make the hardcore prove their worth by making them choose to run it OVER the Normal run vs using the LFR version as a means for getting an extra boost in the Normal/Heroic progression path.
    The daily cap wasn't the issue and honestly, 25 dailies per day would STILL have allowed you to do almost if not all of the dailies that gated valor gear in 5.0. So what problem does that solve? The problem was the double gating, not the amount dailies available and certainly not a cap that would only have come into play if you were doing vanity factions (anglers, tillers, cloud serpent) when you were doing the ones to unlock valor gear.

Locking normal raiders out of LFR when the developers are locking them out of normal mode with difficulty is not the solution to anything. LFR, especially with the determination buff, is just a lazy way for the developers to justify making whatever mess of raiding they want to, because they can point to LFR and say see, lots of people are doing this so it must be great.

Apparently no one at Blizzard has the sense to ask them why people are doing it as long as they can show big participation numbers on a powerpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post

Heroic mode as a vanity mode for a few thousand players serves no purpose at all.
    That is incorrect. It servers to suit the vanity and ego needs of those players. It is however costing the developers more than it gives them. It is a net loss. Time to move on from the hardcore scene.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 02:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Locking normal raiders out of LFR when the developers are locking them out of normal mode with difficulty is not the solution to anything.
    That's a bingo.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I feel like wow could save them selves by adding in servers per expansion like re-releasing vanilla or burning crusade back when everyone was happy. I know i will be shunned for this but for example look at runescape. It was getting bad then they released the oldschool runescape. Things were turning around brought back almost 200k people! and not to mention about 500k people voted on this product even to get released! Before you bash this really sit and think about how fun it would be to spend 900g once again on an epic mount at level 60! :] (also that epic grind to get into nax to fun!)

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    That is incorrect. It servers to suit the vanity and ego needs of those players. It is however costing the developers more than it gives them. It is a net loss. Time to move on from the hardcore scene.
    By this mindset, both normal and heroic are a net loss. Lets get rid of both.

10+ Year Old Account
    anything they can do to keep the unwashed masses away from normal raiding they will do. The calculation behind lfr is a cynical one and isn't because the developers care for players to see content except in so far as the economics are concerned.
    I wouldn't say keep people out of normal raiding, but I would say that the average normal raider must invest more time into the system, lest he literally be punished by the game for falling behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    By this mindset, both normal and heroic are a net loss. Lets get rid of both.
    What happened to hyperbole fueling these forums? But hey sure. Get rid of all of it. What do I care.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    Want to know why casual's are hating MOP ill tell you why "as a casual" I hated that blizzard thinks daily's are content I hate that I was forced to do LFR "even tho I like it" because normal mode was tunned to be a mind fuck unless you can spend most of your week in it.
    My raid team raids Fri and Sat 3 hrs a night............some most of the week, more excuse making.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    My raid team raids Fri and Sat 3 hrs a night............some most of the week, more excuse making.
    Its people like you that need to learn it isn't a excuse its a reason.

As it stands now Friday/Saturday/Sunday is my most busy times of the week and sometimes even Thursday. So if I wanted to play that means sun-wed I could get to and one of the day's play I should not have to spend on doing a shit ton of daily's to try to reach my weekly valor cap and get as much rep as I can out of that day as well. now that is one day out of 4 wasted on daily's and day 2 and 3 is raid days so day 4 is ether making up for what we didn't get done raiding or if its after reset doing another day of daily's.

Daily's are fucken boring the gating that was done with them suck and I personally don't want to do them.

As I said its not a excuse its a reason just because something works for you or your guild dose not mean it will work the same for the rest of the players in wow.

The subs dropping prove this. WOTLK had the most normal mode clear's out of all 3 xpac's WOTLK/CATA/MOP now ask yourself why.

To sum up my thoughs I personally am tired of the endgame being centered around the 10% or less hardcore crowd and LFR is a slap in the face to casual players.

Until blizzard gives casual players some respect and remember we are paying members as well they will keep leaving sorry this is 2013 not 2005 things don't work the same way anymore and when it finally dose happen the elitist people bitching at casual's will be given the 2 chose's that casual's was forced to chose from since CATA ether STFU or leave.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-05-14 at 02:48 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its people like you that need to learn it isn't a excuse its a reason.

As it stands now Friday/Saturday/Sunday is my most busy times of the week and sometimes even Thursday. So if I wanted to play that means sun-wed I could get to and one of the day's play I should not have to spend on doing a shit ton of daily's to try to reach my weekly valor cap and get as much rep as I can out of that day as well.

As I said its not a excuse its a reason just because something works for you or your guild dose not mean it will work the same for the rest of the players in wow.

The subs dropping prove this. WOTLK had the most normal mode clear's out of all 3 xpac's WOTLK/CATA/MOP now ask yourself why.
    Because they made 10 man normal LFR easy without the queuing system? I would love for that to return.

edit - I read my post and thought it could come off as sarcasm and it is not. I would seriously like Wrath to return. Not as much as TBC, but Wrath is much better than now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Because they made 10 man normal LFR easy without the queuing system? I would love for that to return.

edit - I read my post and thought it could come off as sarcasm and it is not. I would seriously like Wrath to return. Not as much as TBC, but Wrath is much better than now.
    hahahahah it's gotten so bad that apparently even wrath is palpable now hahahahahhaha ohhhh the delicious irony
    The hammer comes down:

1.3 million is just start i see wow sub drop till 6 Million by year end
    or

Probably decline but won't every increase to 11 million or 12 million to break records like WOTLK !

Wow is getting old they need to make a new MMO and bring some fresh story tired of Horde and alliance !

hahahahah it's gotten so bad that apparently even wrath is palpable now hahahahahhaha ohhhh the delicious irony
    Well we already have "Cata was better" threads popping up despite the many said that those would never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Well we already have "Cata was better" threads popping up despite the many said that those would never happen.
    It was better.
    The hammer comes down:

It was better.
    The first half of it was. Up until the shitform that was DS and LFR.

It was better.
    To me cata was better then this "that isn't saying much" and wrath was better then all 3.

but that is my opinion.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 03:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    The first half of it was. Up until the shitform that was DS and LFR.
    clearly the first half was better that is why people was leaving in tuck loads and not many was even finishing normal mode T11/T12.

/sarcasm