Poll: Do you like pillar humping?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    There's a number of things that I don't enjoy, that I feel like could benefit from minor tweaks. I don't really think pillar humping is one of them, that just feels like something that frustrates me because better players outperform me at it. I'd rather take drinking out of Arena.

I agree with spectral on the drinking and food thing, where I disagree is that it feels too NECESSARY. if you have a hunter out and your teammate is too busy to get them off you you will get kited endlessly unless you can line of sight them (and even then they have pets who will be able to hit you for a ton of damage and easily be replaced if you manage to get rid of them.) if you have a mage on the enemy team they currently have macros that can kill you in 2 seconds flat that are impossible to avoid unless you get very good at line of sight blocking. and then it's incredibly aggravating for the team it's used against too because a holy paly or disc priest can easily use it, their instant heals, and their CC to get away from just about anything if you don't find a way to shut them down right away. so while I don't really like it I also see where in some situations it's the only way you can survive a match without just being shut down due to classes that counter you.

I think randomly the pillars should do a knock back to keep people from humping them for 10 minutes at a time....or 25 if you are the occasional D Bag healer who doesn't want to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    where I disagree is that it feels too NECESSARY.
    I agree with that. I'm fine with it being a good and viable strategy, but holy fuck is it ever frustrating to play against a team that stays in nonstop defensive mode, forcing you to choose between a twenty minute match and chasing them and getting out of position.

One of the reasons I quit arena.

I know it's neccessary but it's one of the most frustrating things in this game.
    Try playing a hunter last expansion with the deadzone, and you see why i jump down the throat of anyone that says hunters need the deadzone back.
    Hunters are actually playable in arena this expansion in all the arena maps rather than just 1 or 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    zerg all the things. LOS is nessesary so pillar humping is damn near nessesary
    sure but atleast give me some instant cc then so i can actually catch the humpers, having kil'jaeden's cunning doesn't help also (30% speed reduction). sure i could not take it, but i'd have even less of a chance getting a cc on them if I didn't use it. it's impossible to catch them.... i know LOS is nessesary and it SHOULD be part of the arena, but making someone uncatchable isn't good either... instead of squar pillars, they should make rectangular pillars so they could los, but if i run to him, i might get a fear on him or so. (abit like the ruins of lordaeron, but maybe longer and not being able to run across it.)

so i got 30% speed reduce, my conflagrates (-50% speed reduce )being dispelled, being rooted, being slowed by the the other opponent etc... which makes it not fun..
    Last edited by mmoc8ea25e0818; 2013-05-10 at 04:36 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    POP GOES THE HEALER
    Here we go round the pillar,
    The pillar,
    The pillar.
    Here we go round the pillar
    So early in the match.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    if you have a mage on the enemy team they currently have macros that can kill you in 2 seconds flat that are impossible to avoid unless you get very good at line of sight blocking.
    I agree mages are op, as does holinka, however comment like this just makes me laugh. They cant really kill you in 2sec, it needs a lot of setup, and you usually cant los it as you are in nova/deep.

To the topic, los is currently very much necessary in pvp. Pillar humping is mostly 2s thing, because you cant really run around the pillar all day in 3s. Ruins seems like good solution to this, however some classes immediately gain advantage in such arena, so I guess I will "survive" it in 2s.

Deleted
    The only skillful thing left in WoW PvP is positioning and good use of LoS.

So yes, I like pillarhumping.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the days of what I like to call "Wintergrap BS". After they allow flying in wintergrap in between battles I would fly up to the pillar next to the quartermaster and kill anyone there. People would then show up to try and kill me but I would allows LOS them by running around the pillar. Most melee were not as fast as me running on the pillar so they were not a problem. I think I've had at most 7-10 guys trying to kill me on that pillar in wintergrasp but couldn't. Great times, great times. O btw I did that as a shadow priest.