Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    pur-lease

the only reason ppl put up with walking around for 50-ish lvls before they could afford a 60% mount was because we didnt know anything else, also the only reason world pvp was good back then was because of good server communities, WoW doesnt have good server communities anymore

and running halfway across a zone so you can res was NOT fun, and guards are easy as shit to kill these days (the elite guards near leaders have the same HP as mobs in the dread waste/vale to put things in perspective)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    £108 is too much? It's half a day of working. rofl.
    Youth unemployment in many euro contries is the 20-50% range.

And that's without student numbers etc. Average wages for everyone else are probably putting £108 on 3 days post tax pay if they are working full time.

Biggest recession since the great depression, primarily focused on the under 30's. Has to have some impact.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Remove the following things:

All ability to teleport to Dungeons, Make everyone ride there.
    Remove Flying mounts from Azeroth
    Remove all high level guards from low level towns and villages
    Buff Dungeons so that you actually need to play your class properly
    Remove at least 50% of wind riders and graveyards, get the traffic back on the roads
    Remove Ability to teleport into Battlegrounds, make us go to battlemasters as in the old days (just make more of them to avoid griefers).
    Congratulations, you just saved the game! And cost Blizzard 75% of the player base, but hey, games fixed!

Game is different now, but so are the players.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

You did all of those things when the game was new, OP. The only way to restore the game to what you are suggesting would be to completely create a new world with no flying mounts equivalent to the size of Azeroth. Then, destroy every major city that isn't on this new world so that people would never feel the need to go back. Blizzard might as well make a new game if they are going to do that.

LOL, really LOL.

PvP is not immersion, in fact if you look at which servers have the most people I doubt the PvP servers would rate. If anything Blizzard is killing their game by trying to balance it around PvP. Witness Cata, it was a wholesale change in health pools to try and stem off the issue of burst in PvP/Arenas. They had to counter the pools by nuking healers. No other mana user has their efficiency wrecked. Every level above 80 their efficiency went down. I remember the numbers posted before. The result, I watched the guild i had been with for years implode and the story was similar across other guilds I knew. Many of our healers had spouses/significant others that played. When one quit the other quit. We went from fifty plus online at a time to the low twenties to teens within three months. Gone.

No, what really hurts the game is their incessant attempts to fix the PvP which they themselves wreck because of monty hall gear.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    I think people just lost interest, 3-4 years ago WoW didn't have much competition, now there are so many other games

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    £108 is too much? It's half a day of working. rofl.
    What you fail to grasp is that in my country 108 pounds means a full MONTH'S minimum wage. Not everyone is so privileged to live in civilised countries.

EDIT: Also, where the hell do you get paid 220 pounds per day?
    Last edited by Pootis; 2013-05-09 at 10:00 AM.

Sorry OP, don't agree with you on many levels.

First, giving people the ability to say, port to most dungeons without being harangued by the opposing faction and then taking it away would be like giving someone access to electricity and then taking it away. Same applies to most of the other "luxuries" that players are given today like flying mounts. I'm willing to wager even most veterans back in Vanilla would feel cheated as well.

Back in Vanilla, stuff like this happened because, yes, the game was brand new and exciting and a "huge sandbox" as you put it. But obviously the ability to run into an opposing guild while trying to get to a dungeon must have gotten old and myriad groups must have voiced their displeasure over and over and over until Blizzard implemented the change.

Do I agree with you that there is a certain lack of immersiveness in the game now? Of course. Nothing is going to be the same as it was when you first started playing and didn't know what to expect nor what lingered around every corner. How could Blizzard recreate that "fresh and new" feeling in the game? That's a good question. But it won't be by reverting back to Vanilla status in transportation, as your ideas seem to suggest.

Sadly almost all of the OP threads are locked so you can't quote them. It would have been nice to share all the SWTOR and other game threads that were going to destroy WoW. So much anger and so often wrong, painful combo.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

As a few of you will know who have seen my recent WOW videos I have returned after a 3 year break to see what has gone wrong with the game I played 6 times a week for 6 years of my life.
    I think this is your first mistake...you take three years off and instead of saying, what can I find in this game that I and others like myself can enjoy, you come with, "what has gone wrong" attitude. Well of course you are just looking for the negative parts of the game and are adding to the rest of the players who create a majority of other negative threads, like yourself, saying bring back TBC....I'm sure it was not your intent, I am just tired of seeing trolls bringing up go back to TBC. I hate to say it, but TBC is dead. Let it lie. Find what you like about this game (friends, making gold, whatever) and have fun. If you dont like it, dont play it and stop trolling wow forums on bringing back TBC.

but welcome back after your 3 year break, hope you can find something enjoyable about the game and stay a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    There we go with more "save wow".

Blizzard has launched the best xpack since BC (is a shame because WotLK had the potential, the lore... but they screwed it making it so casual oriented)

WoW is GROWING, who cares they lose a million subs in the east? EU servers are as full as never before, same goes with US (except low pop ones of course, nothing new there)

Thing is, if you don'tl ike some things, jsut quit and stop moaning, but that's just my opinion ofc.
    Growing huh, servers full in the EU? Have you logged in lately? As I'm typing this, there's currently 35 low populated servers, one "new players" and one "recommended" which means 37 low populated servers. My server is shrinking for every month that passes, people either transfer off it or quit entirely.

Whilst I agree that MoP is the best expansion since BC, they are definitely not growing in numbers.

Edit:
    Oh and the servers I counted were only English speaking ones, if I were to include all the European ones we have an additional 19 German low populated ones, 3 French, 4 Spanish, 1 Russian, 1 Italian for a total sum of 65 low populated servers in Europe alone.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2013-05-09 at 10:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootis View Post
    What you fail to grasp is that in my country 108 pounds means a full MONTH'S minimum wage. Not everyone is so privileged to live in civilised countries.
    Greece is a good example here.

10+ Year Old Account

Remove at least 50% of wind riders and graveyards, get the traffic back on the roads
    Remove Ability to teleport into Battlegrounds, make us go to battlemasters as in the old days (just make more of them to avoid griefers).
    Remove a lot of phasing as it ruins immersion when you chase someone and they suddenly vanish.
    I agree with OP, I'd pay for this to happen.
    Last edited by Xerkx; 2013-05-09 at 10:03 AM.

*snip*
    Same backward load of poop you get to read on this forum every other day.

Deleted

Remove a lot of phasing as it ruins immersion when you chase someone and they suddenly vanish.

Add the following things

All future expansions should take place in Azeroth, do not add any more zones, just develop the story on Azeroth so it thrives once again.
    All these changes will hurt the game.

Couldent agree more. Lets get it all back!!

I remember the world as it used to be. But then came activision!

Already implemented for Challenge Dungeons. Also by extension implemented for raids with the removal of mass summoning. Very unlikely to make it to regular dungeons/LFR due to dungeon finder. Imagine 25 people sitting in Stormwind and then having to make their way to Throne of Thunder.
    No flying while levelling and no flying in daily quest areas. Numerous complaints. Flying will not be removed without Blizzard compromising their subscriber base.
    So you can spend your day ganking everything that passes through there? No thanks.
    Do a run with everyone in the group having entry-level gear (435), or do Challenge Dungeons. They tried to force the "proper" difficulty on everyone with Cataclysm. The expansion was bleeding subs.
    They already removed auto-discovery of flight paths. And people don't enjoy running 2000 yards to get to their corpse, just to be corpse-camped. So no, won't happen either.
    That would disproportionally extend the queues beyond acceptable levels. It's hard enough to get a Battleground while levelling a character as it is. It'd be even worse if everyone was forced to go to cities. And this also goes against what you wanted before, "to get traffic back on the roads".
    Phasing was implemented for the sole reason of letting everyone experience the lore at their own pace. It won't be removed.

Add the following things

All future expansions should take place in Azeroth, do not add any more zones, just develop the story on Azeroth so it thrives once again.
    And have another Cataclysm where so much work went into the old zones to update the story that the new content was severely neglected? No thanks.

All in all, your suggestions would most likely make the game crash and burn even harder than Cataclysm did on it's own. Times have changed since you played, and so has gaming in general. Blizzard has done a remarkable job at staying in the game for so long, and that is solely due to them revising design decisions on a regular basis.

I am here to say only one thing..

By now, immersion is the most overused, molested, MISused word ever. It's gone through the roof and past the word 'casual' and 'wrathbaby'.

If immersion were a person, I'd have put him or her out of their misery by now. That poor dead horse being beaten by John the Hardcore at the moment has nothing on poor little 'Immersion'. Oh the suffering.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Growing huh, servers full in the EU? Have you logged in lately? As I'm typing this, there's currently 35 low populated servers, one "new players" and one "recommended" which means 37 low populated servers. My server is shrinking for every month that passes, people either transfer off it or quit entirely.

Whilst I agree that MoP is the best expansion since BC, they are definitely not growing in numbers.

Edit:
    Oh and the servers I counted were only English speaking ones, if I were to include all the European ones we have an additional 19 German low populated ones, 3 French, 4 Spanish, 1 Russian, 1 Italian for a total sum of 65 low populated servers in Europe alone.
    Congrats, you described what Vanilla through now was for those servers. Jesus christ, people. WoW has always had low population servers. What is the sudden hard on?

Deleted
    WoW doesn't need to be saved. It's better than it's even been. Put off your nostalgia goggles and move on if you don't like it.