Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Wait, you want something easier than LFR?

Remind your loved ones to never put a NES into your hands; you'll lose your desire to live if you play games from that system.
    Don't. mention. the NES.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by btlcryct View Post
    Give an incentive to have it off. Maybe 3 pieces of gear drop instead of 2 if the buff is off? Just trying to come up with ideas for those that are stuck, without having to add a whole new level of difficulty.
    Hm, maybe you are on to something

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Yes, but the OP is sort of confusing the issue by calling it "easy mode."

LFR is the essence of ease. Matchmaking for such a powerful social driver as raiding, however, is kryptonite to an MMO.

LFR was the product of misunderstanding player concerns in early/mid-Cataclysm. Not only had 10-mans been elevated to the difficulty of 25-man, but tuning was tightened overall. Players were missing a venue for weekend fun/pug runs or for the building phase of a guild.

Thankfully, GC's tweets increasingly suggest Blizzard understands what WoW lost by abandoning Wrath's setup.
    one can only hope that have learned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Never heard of that addon hmm.

But anyways, it wouldn't take any resources. Its literally Blizzard releasing a nerfed version of the raid so the normal mode can remain untouched. Idk i liked it lol.
    Openraid isn't an addon. It's a website where you can register and organize raids, or join them on a set time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    no no no super terrific happy raid time challenge comes after heroics. It's like challenge mode dungeon. You would have a harder time on heroics but you said you'd want them to be even hard so it sounds like to ME you want supper terrific fun time hard raid awesome challenge raid.
    I think you misunderstood me. I said that ToT heroics should be little more harder then ToT normals are now.

So, LFR stays as it is, normal is medium raiding, heroics are something in between of ToT normal and heroic like they are now and superimbaawesome is slightly harder then heroics now with time challenge.

Even if they make an easy mode it will still be too hard for some and people will just ask for an easy easy mode. I'd prefer them to spend time on developing content than having to balance 4 different raid difficulties (easy, normal heroic and LFR)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    I think you misunderstood me. I said that ToT heroics should be little more harder then ToT normals are now.

So, LFR stays as it is, normal is medium raiding, heroics are something in between of ToT normal and heroic like they are now and superimbaawesome is slightly harder then heroics now with time challenge.
    Works for me. Yea some alagum of normal and heroic. Yea I'm good with that. The thing is in that formula to you can also pick and choose your heroic bosses. I like it. SOLD.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the days of pugging ICC up to Putricide and I also miss the days of doing ICC in a guild without the encounters stressing me out like they would now if I was to do current raiding. Complexity has increased over the years.

15+ Year Old Account
    no no no super terrific happy raid time challenge comes after heroics. It's like challenge mode dungeon. You would have a harder time on heroics but you said you'd want them to be even hard so it sounds like to ME you want supper terrific fun time hard raid awesome challenge raid.

Glorious would you be happy with this?

10 man training (before normal)

Tuned similarly to LFR but with 10 peopel in mind instead of 25.
    -Slightly higher % of HP or damage depending on main mechanic of fight compared to LFR tuning
    -Same Ilevel and lockout of gear as LFR however Every boss drops 2 items thus the raid is guaranteed to get upgrades and is not handed out by hazard to random people.
    - Chance to have a "thunderforged" version of gear drop
    - Valor off every kill
    - Not able to be qued for must be preformed group on your server (CRZ available for previous tiers)
    -LFR version of "trash drops" available to this raid as well as crating patterns.

Do you believe this would hit the beer legue feel?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    I have read over all of this and need to ask one question: Why do care?
    This topic doesnt effect you at 532 ilevel so why are you all up in it?
    If "casuals" or "lesser" raiders want a easier mode than normals or want normals to be a bit easier like FL and DS were, whats the big deal? You clear normals first week and then do Heroics for the rest of the expac... it effects you not at all.

Well... it will effect you once the numbers keep dropping and you dont have a game to play anymore because less than 1% of the WoW pop is at your level of progression... but lets not talk about that... lets keep pretending that your a god and those lesser beings mean nothing.
    The fact is you wouldnt have a game to play without the 99% of others and many of those would like normals to be more like they were.

So?
    Again why and how does this effect you? Stay up on your high horse bro... everyone thinks your cool and you can sit in Org on a rare mount with your shiny 535ilevel heroic gear and look down your nose at the lesser scrubs... Im sure it does wonders for your self esteem. It still has no place in this discussion.

Not to beat a dead horse but: So?

The fact is, without that low skillbase customer, you wont have a game... so instead of being a insulting prick, how about realize that in the real world games are made to make money, 50 thousand raiders out of a 10million sub base do not dictate policy or how much money Blizz makes...
    The mindless masses you are so ready to insult and browbeat are the ones that carry this game for you to puff up your pride with... know that!
    The next time you feel the need to put everyone not at you play level down (prob in the next 5 mins in response to this post...) try and understand that you need us... we dont need you at all and neither does Blizz.
    ^ This

So sick of seeing HC raiders lord it over everyone else on these forums.

Deleted
    Works for me. Yea some alagum of normal and heroic. Yea I'm good with that. The thing is in that formula to you can also pick and choose your heroic bosses. I like it. SOLD.
    Deal! Now let's march to Blizzard headquarters along with that "determined" copyright we have and demand that our names are written on box cover like saviors of WoW. Sky is the limit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post

-Slightly higher % of HP or damage depending on main mechanic of fight compared to LFR tuning
    -Same Ilevel and lockout of gear as LFR however Every boss drops 2 items thus the raid is guaranteed to get upgrades and is not handed out by hazard to random people.
    - Valor off every kill
    - Not able to be qued for must be preformed group on your server (CRZ available for previous tiers)
    -LFR version of "trash drops" available to this raid as well as crating patterns.

You've got pretty much everything bang on. I'd up the difficulty a bit more and increase the reward a bit more but other than that you have all the key points. It can share a lockout with normal to for all I care. The only thing I guess I disagree with is that this needs to be a mode on it's own and not just what normal raiding should be.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 03:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    Deal! Now let's march to Blizzard headquarters along with that "determined" copyright we have and demand that our names are written on box cover like saviors of WoW. Sky is the limit!
    Oh you can rest assured the tweets will flow my friend the tweets will flow.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I like normal mode a lot. Though it would not hurt to have something between lfr and normal.
    Adding a new difficulty would probably make designing gear and balancing it harder. So I am not so sure if it is a good idea.
    Also it should not trump normal mode, and not make normal mode rewards less rewarding.

For a mode between lfr and normal:
    -Less mechanics
    -Dodging still required
    -Decent dps required
    -A bit cooldown management needed.
    -Cannot survive without healing
    -Healers can ran out of mana
    -Loot quality between lfr and normal.

i'd rather they just replace lfr with an easy/social mode. no one enjoys lfr and it undermines the value of the raiding content and the social side of the game imo.

make the easy mode cross-realmable for ease of access, perhaps make an internal openraid like system or officially promote openraid.

15+ Year Old Account
    You've got pretty much everything bang on. I'd up the difficulty a bit more and increase the reward a bit more but other than that you have all the key points.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 03:49 PM ----------

Oh you can rest assured the tweets will flow my friend the tweets will flow.
    Ok then we are on the same page after all :P

that was my idea this whole time of 10man "LFR"... it's the LFR acronym that throws peopel off I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    If normal mode was aimed at the average player, another mode would not be needed.
    And heroic raid mode should give vanity rewards only.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted

- Valor off every kill

One thing that definitely training has to have is NOT ignoring key mechanics like not pushing that special ability button on Ultraxion or standing in Sha of Fear breath attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok then we are on the same page after all :P

that was my idea this whole time of 10man "LFR"... it's the LFR acronym that throws peopel off I guess!
    Well i mean it's tuning. I edited the post again. I don't think we need another mode of raiding in between lfr and normal. I think we need one after heroic to sate hardcores. What we do need is normals closer to the tuning your talking about. You've got most of it bang on though but it isn't really just the name. It has to be harder than lfr, but easier than normals. Man it's real simple. Normals just need wider tuning to allow for more players to be able to run them. That's it. No over thinking needed. No other difficulties required at this end.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    I disagree. Many raiders who raid heroic still need additional drops to beat encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super terrific fun time raid challenge mode was something I read from this guy right here. Excellent Idea.
    The hammer comes down: