Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sqicychiqotles View Post
    No matter how you word it it's still the same. The majority of people leaving are from the East. Even if the amount from the West is 49% it doesn't mean this added difficulty will cause them to return, be worth the spent time and resources and not cause more people to leave from the game who are against this (which doesn't only have to be from the east).
    First of all I would question your supposition about easy raids in china but we'll table that for a second. If EASY raids will bring back a significant portion of the western player base (and I'm not saying they will) and the disparity between east and west was like 51% to 49% than easy raids become worth it. Honestly if the difference was one player between china and the US/EU and they called that the most then really it makes total sense to provide some easier content for that 49% who left.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's called LFR. Just put it on the shared lockout and we're good.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Cant you people grasp what people in this thread are asking for?

Its not a nerf to normal by any means, its more of a difficulty along the lines of were firelands and tier 11 normal was, easier then the current normals but a lot harder then LFR.
    Come on.. Normal is not THAT hard. We know that if normal was to easy, threads would be made here saying "Nerf heroic mode, to hard".

This boils down to people wanting it easy. We got LFR - normal - hc. 3 different settings for raiding in a MMO is really good. Adding another difficulty would only add more work for the devs.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horrible idea.

Just remove all difficulties and remove LFR and LFG completely. Bosses must be hard mode only. BC had it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderNerò87 View Post
    Come on.. Normal is not THAT hard. We know that if normal was to easy, threads would be made here saying "Nerf heroic mode, to hard".

This boils down to people wanting it easy. We got LFR - normal - hc. 3 different settings for raiding in a MMO is really good. Adding another difficulty would only add more work for the devs.
    You have 3 different settings but none of the aproximates normal or medium difficulty. Really you have two but for arguments sake let's say 3.

Tourist guide to raids (lfr) -hard -super hard (apparently)

I see 3 difficulties (although I would hesitate to call lfr a difficulty) and I see no normal difficulty or anything approximating medium.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    T15 is on par with T11 though.
    I don't really think you can compare them as t15 was an intro tier where gear gaps were non-existent. The gear gaps for t15 were huge. Hard content guilds with full upgrades were around a 515 ilvl. Regular full upgrade guilds were around 503. Regular non upgrade guilds that maybe killed sha four weeks before the new content hit were around a 493 or 494. So a 22 ilvl gap between people on the same tier as opposed to everyone being in heroic blues in t11, regardless of skill level. That's a huge difference and a huge difference like that just further separates skill and difficulty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I suggest you go back and look at that post, consulting a dictionary for the definition of the word "until".
    Perfect so once it goes back to the way you believe it should be then you will start playing and as such should have a voice in the game development as you will be paying for it.

UNTILL (see what i did there) that time you can just wait on the sidelines as you are not even contributing financialy to the devlopment of the game and as such should have no say in its development

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    lol @ people complaining that normal mode has too many mechanics / too hard.

What do you guys want? Everything patchwerk?
    They believe that the easier it gets, the better the game will be. Cause lets face it, this game needs to get alot easier when we look how the player base skill is gone.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    Perfect so once it goes back to the way you believe it should be then you will start playing and as such should have a voice in the game development as you will be paying for it.

UNTILL (see what i did there) that time you can just wait on the sidelines as you are not even contributing financialy to the devlopment of the game and as such should have no say in its development
    You don't want to start bean counting who's paying for what. When you do you realize who's getting the shaft this expansion and who's not. hint casuals and players who raided normals in the past are getting the shaft. big time. they have ZERO difficulties appropriate for them and they make up a large chunk of the subscriber base.

Having said that folks I'm done for the night. It's been swell. We've had some laughs. Time to put on my Mr.Rogers sweater and leave the door hoping you've learned something from the days events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if normal mode was even slightly challenging... and heroic is barely a challenge. The game is already easy as is... why do you want to make it easier?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Dude. Go back and read again, this time for comprehension. I'll clue you in: that post said I HAD STOPPED playing (in Cataclysm, two years earlier!), until the developers reversed course. At that point, they had ALREADY gone back from the early Cata "hard hard rawr rawr rawr!" mode, so I had ALREADY resubbed (in Dec 2011).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Well when you present me with some other plausible reasons other than it's old or the usual shit that gets thrown around here then we can talk. Until then. Hard raids cause players to leave.
    That sounds objective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Maybe if normal mode was even slightly challenging... and heroic is barely a challenge. The game is already easy as is... why do you want to make it easier?

42 guilds in the West have cleared heroic mode. Barely a challenge? I really don't think you know what you are talking about.

Oh my god, we have 3 difficulty settings and two of them have different size options. I really feel we don't need yet another option and level of gear. Just nerf 10m Normal a bit since that's where the majority of these complaints and demands come from.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    You have 3 different settings but none of the aproximates normal or medium difficulty. Really you have two but for arguments sake let's say 3.

Tourist guide to raids (lfr) -hard -super hard (apparently)

I see 3 difficulties (although I would hesitate to call lfr a difficulty) and I see no normal difficulty or anything approximating medium.
    glorious you are currently 8/12 normal... How in the hell is normal too hard if you are almost finished with the normal raiding tear before 5.3 patch as a normal raider? I would say that thus fast this tier is giving you a great bang for your buck challenge wise and it's keeping you comming back to progress. Do you want normals to be so easy that you are working on hardmodes? If so then you want to be a heroic raider and thats a totaly different story!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Normal mode should be easier, imo. I'd much rather have Normal be easy, and be able to continually clear every boss in the tier while banging my head against heroics, than being stuck on a boss later in the tier because a 2 hour raid night isn't enough time to clear them all and leave time to learn new fights.
    One 2-hour raid night week? You want to clear everything?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Dude. Go back and read again, this time for comprehension. I'll clue you in: that post said I HAD STOPPED playing (in Cataclysm, two years earlier!), until the developers reversed course. At that point, they had ALREADY gone back from the early Cata "hard hard rawr rawr rawr!" mode, so I had ALREADY resubbed (in Dec 2011).
    So now you arent putting your money where your mouth is and you are still paying even though you are not happy with the game development? Per your reasoning then you must be satisfied with the game as is to be paying for it no?

two people vs an entire thread of people. Sounds like Osmer and glorious are the minority.

So now you arent putting your money where your mouth is and you are still paying even though you are not happy with the game development? Per your reasoning then you must be satisfied with the game as is to be paying for it no?
    It's sufficiently satisfying to me personally for me to playing it now. It wasn't during Cataclysm. I think Blizzard isn't going to take that as enough, though, so I expect serious changes. Their design clearly isn't working very well.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    One 2-hour raid night week? You want to clear everything?
    MMO isn't for them Guess they don't get it or spend too much time complaining on forums.