Deleted

Forcing keys to behave like modifiers

Hello guys, I need your help.

I'm looking for a way, either through the game's config files or an addon, to force the use of keys other than Alt, Ctrl, Shift... as modifiers.

What I'm willing to do is to bind some spells to keystrokes such as: F5+1, F5+2..., or END+1, END+2...... I know this sounds absurd, but my mouse's lateral buttons are HOME, F5 and END. I could bind those buttons to Shift or Alt specifically for Wow.exe through my mouse's managing software, but unfortunately it doesn't handle alt-tabbing properly. That's why i'm looking to force those keys to behave like modifiers.

Hope you guys can help me, thanks.

which mouse are you using?
    EDIT--

Look into Autohotkey. It's a standalone app (that's kosher with blizzard as long as you maintain the 1-keystroke-1-action rule) that's used by a lot of multiboxers.

It'll take a little bit of learning and sleuthing to figure out, but it'll let you remap say home to shift with something like

Code:
    #ifWinActive World of Warcraft
    !HOME::
    	Send !{SHIFT}
    return
    That's dug up and modified, and largely untested. you'll want to look up some docs if it dosen't work. you should be able to sub out HOME and SHIFT for whatever.
    Last edited by blackblade; 2013-05-09 at 04:37 PM.

Deleted
    Hi, thank your for your answer.

Unfortunately, your AHK macro will do about the same thing as my G500's managing software, and it's a bit tricky to make the software recognize Wow's window when you use two screens and switch from one active window to another one.

So I guess there is absolutely no way to force Wow to let me bind spells to key combinations other than the classical Shift+, Alt+, Ctrl+ ?

Deleted
    Not really that i'm aware but you can combine Shift-+Ctrl.... Shift+Ctrl+Alt.... Ctrl+Alt.... etc whatever if you can in somehow change the function of your mouse keys.
    The game uses F keys END HOME and etc as single keys not modifiers there is the problem.

Not used it myself, but as this addon was highlighted recently on WowInterface then it could be worth a try.
    ModifiedModifier (ModMod) @ WoWInterface

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/S...Keyboard.shtml

here you are, with this software you can remap every key and as stated in the software description the remap is low-level (aka doesn't fuck up with some application)

10sec Google ^_^

Which mouse is it you are using, since it seems strange that it would be assigned to those specific keys without any option to change them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Which mouse is it you are using, since it seems strange that it would be assigned to those specific keys without any option to change them.
    Well it does let me assign any key, and even save different profiles for each application, but I want to keep Home/F5/End as default, they make my web browsing easier. And as stated below, the auto profile switching doesn't behave properly with dual screening.

But :

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Not used it myself, but as this addon was highlighted recently on WowInterface then it could be worth a try.
    This may be exactly what I was looking for, thanks ! Much appreciated.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    it seems just alt-tab not working properly when using the mouse's software to simulate key-press