Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The additions to WoW have been great quality of life changes, but over time it's degraded a lot of the community friendly aspects in favour of making all the servers connected to create a 'small world'. While it's a lot easier to get a random group going, you lose a lot of the personal connection you have with people on your server, and with building meaningful relationships with the people you play with since you're likely to play with a stranger you will never ever see again.

So here goes with some basic ideas.

1. World Bosses/Rare spawns for the casuals. Have something that spawns that multiple people can participate in fighting littered around the world. Have them reward valour or reputation, something valuable that makes it worth while to kill but not necessary for progression. Have these challenges be available for people to get a small group going and scale to the difficulty of the group. It could be done similarly to Scenario bosses, where you might not need a Tank or Healer to kill but it would help to have them.

2. Reputation reinstated for dungeons. Dungeons were a huge part of why I played, and dailies are really horrible. Running for reputation was a much better reward than running them for the daily valour/token rewards. You had a reason to kill every mob and take your time through the dungeon over running it as quickly as possible with an impatient group.

3. Epic group quest chains. I loved TBC when they had some really long quest chains that ended with a boss you had to kill with a group, almost like a mini-outdoor dungeon boss. There was reason to get a few people together to fight the boss.

4. Wintergrasp. It was one of the best outdoor PVP zones created. Even if it had some flaws to the system, it was fun when a lot of people participated just to try to claim the place every week to run the special bosses or gain access to the quests and vendors. Doesn't have to be this location, but create a zone that's always relevant to content or update new areas with their own PVP type zone like Wintergrasp.

5. No-Fly Zones for World PVP. Or just anything to help world PVP along again.

I want wotlk talents ;[
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    1. Mass summon
    2. Mass summon
    3. Mass summon
    4. Mass summon
    5. Mass summon
    THIS. So much.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

10+ Year Old Account
    two words.........divine intervention

1- Rep Tabards

2- Catch up dungeons

3- Flying tomes for alts

4- Easier normal raids

5- Cool lore

Deleted
    2handed enhancement shammies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    I want wotlk talents ;[
    dear god no. im so tired of cookie cutter builds. Current system is 100x better

SWIRLY BALL, Bring back my Swirly BALL! NAOOOO!

Deleted
    1. 25 man raiding as the highest level with separate achievements for 10 and 25
    2. Major city as a sanctuary
    3. Dungeon rep tabards
    4. Scrap LFR
    5. Bring back the need to communicate instead of clicking a few buttons to automatically join a dungeon or raid without ever talking to anyone

boomkins having regrowth and lifebloom.
    hunters having eyes of the beast.
    locks having mana drain.
    that slot blizz took away. (relics and whatnot)
    no matter where you are, looking around and seeing that everyone you encounter is from YOUR realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    dear god no. im so tired of cookie cutter builds. Current system is 100x better
    I honestly hate the new talent and glyph system. The former removes that thrill of each level and frankly I loved the Wrath/BC talents, and the latter might as well not even be in the game at all at this point as it's so unimportant.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Old PvP system (I liked the grind, casuals like myself got to Rank 8 or so, while the more committed players went for Rank 12-14)
    2) Item Quality squish. Blues being the norm and epics being harder to get, and legendaries Sulfuras/TF style. Also blue item sets.
    3) Server-only PVP queuing system? I always loved the whole knowing your enemies thing. Post-merges ideally for shorter queues.
    4) Simple art design for tiers/weapons + simple enchants.
    5) Elite quests, harder mobs, yellow and red quests and elite random petrols (Fel Reaver, the Dinos in Un'goro, kept me on my toes!)

Edit: SHAMAN CHAIN LIGHTNING SOUND!And I'm not even a Shaman. Feel bad for them.
    Last edited by Thrax; 2013-05-09 at 10:53 PM.

Deleted
    1. Fun/Cool bugs that don't break the game. Like the good ol' walking backwards whilst strafing, I thought that looked cool.
    2. Old PvP HK system
    3. Old Nights
    4. The old talent trees. I prefer variety over the current 'This talent is best, please pick' (While I am aware this was the case for the majority of the old trees, there was room for variation amongst most classes (Elemental Mage, PoM Pyro)).
    5. Patch 3.3 class balance. Among all the patches we've had, this patch was the closest thing to 'perfect balance' in my opinion.
    6. Giving Paladins a few things to give them a bit more control/freedom (Like Freedom removing stun) P.S. I am a paladin :P

No Heirlooms

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'd like them to add back the inability to use anything other than ground mounts.

*removal stipulation successfully dodged*
    just a question.
    there's nothing wrong with you using only ground mounts, is there & the rest of us can fly about quite merrily?

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    just a question.
    there's nothing wrong with you using only ground mounts, is there & the rest of us can fly about quite merrily?
    Some people want ground mounts only due to pvp/ganking.

I am not one of those people.

I want wotlk talents ;[
    Me too, or Cata talent trees...the new talent trees are nice because you can respec on the fly, but that is about it.

Also I miss blood dps spec for dks.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Robo-Onyxia (We already had a zombie Onyxia)
    Oh that's right.

I'm sure Blizzard will think of another zany way to bring her back anyways. I'm still confused as to how zombie Onyxia got her head back in Cataclysm...didn't we give her head to someone for a quest at 60...and 80...

10+ Year Old Account
    More visible Day/Night Cycle. Yes please!

After that it gets difficult though. There isn't much that I miss from back then.
    I'd like less daily-gated content and more well... grind. (i.e: more flexible gating)

Edit: Found one!

Elite quests, harder mobs, yellow and red quests and elite random patrols (Fel Reaver, the Dinos in Un'goro)
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-05-09 at 11:36 PM.

1. Rep grinds which were based on how much time you wanted to invest in the game (e.g killing X mobs to gather Y items to trade in).
    2. The ability to actually encounter danger in your current level zone, its hard to even pull a potentially life threatening pack of mobs in lower level zones now.
    3. The old talent system, don't care how mandatory talents were it just felt right to have a talent point to place when you gained a level.
    4. Not sure if it counts but 10 player dungeons like the original Scholo / Strat UD and BRS just maybe with higher loot drops to accommodate the increased number of players and not be in the LFD system (sorry that is probably turning more into adding than bringing back).

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    We need to bring back Onyxia every expansion. Turn it into a meme...what zany thing is Onyxia going to do next??? Will she return as Robo-Onyxia? Zombie Onyxia? Developers could have fun with it

my girlfriend believes Stratholme was like that as well. Classic days, revamped days, caverns of time days... She was a little sad there wasn't yet another dungeon, or say, a new Stratholme injected into it.

Have group, will travel. PLEASE!!!! SUMMONING WAS SO AWESOME!!!