Thread: H Durumu

H Durumu

Any tips? Currently wiping to 2nd or 3rd light spectrum due to fogs bugging out and being outta LoS... Any tips that would make this encounter slightly easier?

Edit: Especially to Life Drain beams.
    Last edited by Sombria; 2013-05-10 at 03:09 AM.

Fogs bugging out sounds like an excuse, I doubt that's causing all your wipes. The only hard part of the fight is when you get the life drain during the 2nd light spectrum, use raid CDs and make sure it gets soaked properly. We kill the boss before the 3rd light spectrum and our DPS is pretty terrible. Biggest tip is make sure that no matter what you get 3 people in each light cone and that you get all ALL 3 red adds marked up so you can end the phase very quickly.

We're getting to 2nd light phase consistently, and as a shadow priest, I soak the last 9 seconds of the life drain, and the boss only heals ~3-4 mill. We had a few wipes due to adds bugging out, and a few due to walls LoSing healers on tank.

Deleted
    Here's a tip that might help you:

Have some of your most aware raiders use these macros:

BLUE:
    /click CompactRaidFrameManagerDisplayFrameLeaderOptionsRaidWorldMarkerButton
    /click DropDownList1Button1

GREEN:
    /click DropDownList1Button2

PURPLE:
    /click DropDownList1Button3

RED:
    /click DropDownList1Button4

YELLOW:
    /click DropDownList1Button5
    This makes ground targeted raid markers into a hotkey. They will be used to mark up the add spawns when they flash on the ground momentarily.

(bonus tip: if you have a hard time finding good and fast binds for these, just replace them on your actionbar temporarily with binds you don't use for that fight, like interrupts, CC abilities, etc)

If you manage to mark up all 3 of the red ones, you can finish the light spectrum phases very quickly, since the red beam controller will know exactly where to run, and you won't risk running too far and getting a Crimson Bloom explosion.

Now, sometimes it can be difficult for 1 person to spot and mark all 3 in time, so you can possibly divide the macros up between a few of you so you have several people on marking duty. Also having 1 designated person who ONLY looks for - and marks up - the blue add can be helpful, so you make sure you aren't going to reveal that. During progress we had several times where it was too hectic to spot the blue in time and we accidentally revealed him causing a wipe, so watch out for that.

You might also want this macro:

/click DropDownList1Button6
    This will remove all active ground raid markers with a single click. It is used after a light spectrum phase is over, so you won't get them confused when the next set comes.

Also, Light Spectrum phases are quite healing intensive, so you may want to use some assisting raid healing cooldowns like Vampiric Embrace, Aura Mastery, Ancestral Guidance, Healing Tide Totem and whatever else you have, especially if you are 2 healing it. Don't be afraid to pop everything as even 3 minute cooldowns will be back up for every spectrum phase.

As for Life Drain, we found it very useful when everyone uses BigWigs bossmod. This will announce in /say chat bubbles when you get life drain, and it makes it very easy for people to both locate the drain as well as determine when to take over. It says "Life Drain on me!", "Life Drain x2", Life Drain x3", etc.
    DBM doesn't do that, and it really just makes handling it so much easier. So get your entire raid to download bigwigs, if only just for this boss.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by mmoc9e8e7fdb19; 2013-05-10 at 04:47 AM.

Yeah, we've got myself marking all 3 red adds, then my ele sham marking both amber, vamping on first light spectrum, and guidance on the 2nd with the ice walls for max output on the two. I'm soaking the last 8 seconds of it. I think our biggest issue lies in the 2nd light spectrum due to ice walls + spectrum and if our ele sham is the red beam, it kills his wall dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a macro with the /wm 1 through /wm 5 to mark the ground for adds on a hotkey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombria View Post
    a few due to walls LoSing healers on tank.
    This should never happen. Your entire raid should be in the same section of the walls, so LoS should NEVER be an issue.