Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    One whole server up a couple times a year for pvper's...sounds like a huge part of this game. YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME? clearly childish and narrowminded. Why should i change games to one better suited for what i want to do, THE GAME WITH 8 MILLION PLAYERS SHOULD CHANGE FOR ME
    You're right. Clearly all the PvP servers are just for show too. Because pvp doesn't exist in your pve game.

clearly pvp servers have nothing but pvper's on them or even more pvper's than pveer's, Here i was thinking that the servers where that is actually true could be counted on one hand. Thank you for the clarification. Here i was thinking people go to servers because of their economy or volume of players, its good to know that all that matters is the arbitrary fact that some of them are listed as pvp or pve. And while i may be a top 20 US raider, im on a pvp server so clearly i must be a pvper
    Last edited by Wycked; 2013-05-11 at 09:28 AM.
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    pvp gear will still be better then everything short of heroic gear in world pvp
    Were the hell are you getting this nonsense from?

Quote Originally Posted by rcgn View Post
    It's far from useless. Only heroic PVE gear will give an edge and it's very unlikely you'll run into full heroic decked out players out in the world.
    Stop spouting this BS. There were some people already going through this making comparisons on the PTR and such and 522-530 PvE gear came out on top by 10-14% for warlock for example. And this was BEFORE PvP power took a 33% nerf.

And this is just looking at pure damage, not at the fact that PvE gear gives around 80-100k HP more than the 496 PvP gear does. PvE gear, even the one for valor points is flat out better for World PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Why shouldn't it be?

Personally, I don't think it's as big a deal as most PVP gear QQers are making it. Considering PVP power isn't budgeted in the item level and is better then your primary stat to increase your damage (even after the 5.3 nerfs).

My only guess is that the QQers are really upset that PVE players not have a more equal footing versus getting completely stomped pre-5.3 regardless of gear. A random battle ground afker could easily defeat a heroic raid PVEer simply due to gear. PVP gear is best in PVP instances. PVE is best in PVE instances. Either set should allow you to be competitive in chance world meetings.
    No, the problem here is that even 522-530 PvE gear comes out on top of PvP gear, by a large margin purely dmg wise and that isn't even taking the higher survivability of PvE players due to the same damage mitigation into account because they're going to have up to 100k more HP for some classes.

If PvE gear, aquired from PvE and made to kill dragons flat out destroys PvP gear and you're better off shelving your PvP gear the moment you step out into the World then there is something fundamentally wrong. The moment PvP gear made for PvP is worse for PvP and yes World PvP is PvP we have a problem.

Imagine the PvP gear being better for PvE and to further advance in your raid you'd have to get it, you wouldn't like that very much would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    clearly pvp servers have nothing but pvper's on them or even more pvper's than pveer's, Here i was thinking that the servers where that is actually true could be counted on one hand. Thank you for the clarification. Here i was thinking people go to servers because of their economy or volume of players, its good to know that all that matters is the arbitrary fact that some of them are listed as pvp or pve. And while i may be a top 20 US raider, im on a pvp server so clearly i must be a pvper
    You sure as hell aren't a top 20 US raider, you're most likely doing LFR at best. That being said, you and all the other PvEler choose to roll on a PvP server. If the "oh so great" raid guilds wouldn't ever have come to them there wouldn't have been a reason for all of you to follow them. You roll on a PVP server and then expect to be given an advantage over PvP players in a purely PvP aspect of the game.

PvE players entitlement and selfishness is disgusting beyond belief.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2013-05-11 at 09:30 AM.

Hey bro, wowprogress, lmao My name and server info are in the signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post

You sure as hell aren't a top 20 US raider, you're most likely doing LFR at best. That being said, you and all the other PvEler choose to roll on a PvP server. If the "oh so great" raid guilds wouldn't ever have come to them there wouldn't have been a reason for all of you to follow them. You roll on a PVP server and then expect to be given an advantage over PvP players in a purely PvP aspect of the game.

PvE players entitlement and selfishness is disgusting beyond belief.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dcked/advanced

he definitely is not an lfr hero. But instead of spouting hate and naysay you could look at his character, its in his sig.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Oh and i'd be soooo bloddy happy if pvp gear was better for pve than pve gear. An ellen keller could get full bis with an hour of effort in a week and i wouldn't be stuck farming for every week until the next raid teir came out.

Deleted
    Man I really think people need to look up the word "useless".

Yes there is a chance that if you meet someone in full thunderforged, heroic, upgraded gear that their gear will be better than your PvP gear in a world PvP situation, your gear will be better in every single other PvP situation.

Your gear will be better than every other player.

Couple of questions

How often do these people do dailies on the Isle? (example of where world PvP occurs).

Are PvP players not meant to be better at PvP than PvEers?

Should you still not destroy the carebare PvEer into the ground with your mad PvP skills?

Or do you just want to faceroll carebare PvEers because you out gear them so much?

I think leveling the playing field is a good thing, they already made your gear better at PvE (PVP power does not count towards iLvl) why are you crying so much about them doing the same thing the other way round.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 10:40 AM ----------

PvP players entitlement and selfishness is disgusting beyond belief.
    Fixed that for you

Heaven forbid people ranting over a dead feature in the game

If you call those gankfests "World PvP" then you have no idea what pvp is. Since when is the game balanced ganking players who cant defend themselves (Be it level or gear difference) anyway. It's 3s (and RBG's to a degree) where it matters, and there you're definetly better off using PvP gear.

And lord save us if you actually have to play well to kill someone. Rather than just roll your face on the keyboard. Oh my god it's the end of the world as we know it!

And of -course- the gear will outperform pvp gear. It's almost 30 ilvls higher for god's sakes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dcked/advanced

he definitely is not an lfr hero. But instead of spouting hate and naysay you could look at his character, its in his sig.
    Neither is he "Top 20 US", he's pretty far from it actually. So at best we can meet somewhere in the middle!

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Man I really think people need to look up the word "useless".

Yes there is a chance that if you meet someone in full thunderforged, heroic, upgraded gear that their gear will be better than your PvP gear in a world PvP situation, your gear will be better in every single other PvP situation.

Your gear will be better than every other player.

Couple of questions

How often do these people do dailies on the Isle? (example of where world PvP occurs).

Are PvP players not meant to be better at PvP than PvEers?

Should you still not destroy the carebare PvEer into the ground with your mad PvP skills?

Or do you just want to faceroll carebare PvEers because you out gear them so much?

I think leveling the playing field is a good thing, they already made your gear better at PvE (PVP power does not count towards iLvl) why are you crying so much about them doing the same thing the other way round.
    You know the problem with you guys is that you have NO idea whatsoever what you are talking about. Just comparing PvP and PvE gear (496 - 522/530) clearly put the 522/530 which you can earn for valor gear around 10-14% ahead of PvP gear dmg wise even more so for melees because PvE weapons have an incredible higher ammount of base dmg which is important for quite a lot of abilities. (This is WITH old PvP power taken into consideration).
    Ofc this isn't even taking the higher survivability into account, PvE players have around 80-100k HP more than a PvP player has. Now they hit PvP power with an additional 33% nerf and halved the effectivness of PvP gems both further benefiting PvE players.

I wouldn't have a problem if they would "even out" the playfield in World PvP but that isn't what's happening here. Even the valor gear especially if upgraded flat out beats the 496 conquest gear in survability and damage and not by a small ammount. Having 25% more HP and similar higher damage is an incredible big advantage and nothing of this is even taking heroic or thunderforged gear into consideration.

And no you didn't "fix" anything, it's not PvP players who roll around in PvE because their gear is going to be better for it then the actual PvE gear coming 5.3 because they cried hot salty tears about how they're being excluded from raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Amagh View Post
    And of -course- the gear will outperform pvp gear. It's almost 30 ilvls higher for god's sakes.
    The standard valor gear is going to be 34 ilevels higher coming 5.3 because they reduce upgrade costs to around 250 points. This is almost the difference between 3 tiers and close to Naxx 25 gear vs ICC 10.

Deleted
    Useless is bit harsh world, because it's still have it's use. Useless is like saying it doesnt give you stats anymore well it does. You will still be able to compete with 520 player. Besides pvp players already have 522 valor trinkets. You are going to have superior glyphs and specialization, compared to pve player.

I can live with this, for now, as I would expect there will be better system implemented sometime later in the process. I can't think of simple way to correct this world pvp problem, and if there was easy way, Blizzard would already implement it. It gets out pve items out of arena and bgs, so that pvp is now weaker in world pvp, which is almost non-existent on 90% of realms, is no biggie.

Besides before this ilvl cap, you would be having 512pvp vs 540pve discussion, so they have to fix this in different manner, than just increasing ilvl of pvp items.

Deleted
    So far this expansion doing dailies (pve content) has been easier to do with pvp gear (pvp server) because of all the world pvp going on.
    Anyways, pvp gear is gonna be far superior in all places it matters, BGs, Arena, RBGs, only in world pvp pve gear winns if enough time is invested on gathering it, wich imo is fair enough, world pvp is purely for fun and the player thats invested the most time on his toon should have an edge gear wise there, its not like every pve geared player will be better than pvp geared players, first off pvp geared players have been doing pvp so they have more experience and secondly it seams to be 522+ pve gear that is better than pvp gear wich means alot of time has been spent on gathering that gear.
    If you dont want pve gear to be competitive in world then how would you feel if pvp gear was limited to instanced pvp aswell? Thats what its like for pve players right now even tho they have spent so much more time gathering this gear than pvp players.
    Last edited by mmoc5e97651ae1; 2013-05-11 at 09:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanodar View Post
    even tho they have spent so much more time gathering this gear than pvp players.
    Wat? I'm farming it on the side solely for Brawlers Guild. I've got to cap valor once a week and I'm almost fully 522 already without putting ANY effort into it whatsoever.

Deleted
    Sorry I'm coming late to the party here but is there a reason for talking about World PvP in particular rather than PvP in general? i.e. is something changing that will make PvP gear weaker out in the world but not in BGs or arenas?

Deleted
    Wat? I'm farming it on the side solely for Brawlers Guild. I've got to cap valor once a week and I'm almost fully 522 already without putting ANY effort into it whatsoever.
    It's not even possible to get full 522 from just valor.

Neither is he "Top 20 US", he's pretty far from it actually. So at best we can meet somewhere in the middle!

Wowprogress. Its not really a debate topic, its a fact. lmao. Your inability to read off of a list pretty much sums up the quality of the arguments you've made so far.

Deleted
    I think the solution is as simple as the nerf to PVP Power and gems only applies to PVE realms.
    Last edited by mmoc0b939f1df7; 2013-05-11 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batho View Post
    I think the solution is as simple as the nerf to PVP Power and gems only applies to PVE realms.
    better plan since we're dreaming. Remove pvp gear from the game entirely, balance players stats by level when engaged in pvp and actually achieve some sense of balanced combat removing the time spent component and make it just about skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    How would you like it if people in top arena gear were outperforming heroic raiders in Pve content?

It's the same thing. Please get some perspective before you throw stones.
    World pvp isn't content. And regardless of that. You are the one attacking, you are the one in pvp spec / talents, you are the one with pvp experience, and now that you're gear has been equalized pvpers are bitching and moaning ? Cute.

Deleted
    I do not understand why fuck the game, I was so happy with my gear PVP doing world pvp pvp with my guild mates on a server in ratio 10/1- horde/alliance (C'thun EU, im ally) with a majority horde PVE, and now we fuck. .. Now this will be unplayable

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are a good player you'll kill a full HC fotm class.

If you are not you wont kill it and blame it on the gear, fotm, etc ... But you'll still be able.