Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[DPS] Back from a break since 5.0, can anyone fill me in?

I just have some questions:

Fury VS Arms atm? and glyphs?

Also stat weights. Is it still hit=exp>str>crit>mastery>haste?

Would be nice if there was anything else that i need to know.

THanks

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stat weight is fine.

For single target: SmF>TG>Arms
    For AoE: TG>SmF>Arms (not too sure about AoE)

Take Glyph of unending rage and death from above. Others are preferential. Use glyph of colossus smash if no sunder armor is available.

As I only play Fury I can´t tell you much about Arms.
    Fury single target:
    BT > RB > WS. WS is a filler, don´t hesitate to only use 1 or 2 stacks of them. Use HS as ragedump (80+ with glyph). Try to use CS on cd but pool as much rage as possible before. Look up the several threads in this forum how to maximise damage during the 6 second window of CS. Also, as a fury it is possible to have moments when you can´t smash buttons.
    Fury AoE:
    1-2 targets: swap HS and cleave as a ragedump. 3-5 targets: Use WW to stack buff, use RB (which will hopefully have procced until then) to hit multiple targets. 6+ enemies: spam WW.
    Try to stack as many cds as possible like always. Try to combine CS with BB, but dont use Dragon´s Roar in the CS window cause DR will always ignore armor, even without CS.

Regarding gems, keep in mind, that 320 crit > 180 str.
    Last edited by Valech; 2013-05-10 at 10:36 PM.

Deleted
    I would use glyph of colossus smash always, even with feral.

Deleted
    Thanks guys

I was wondering, isnt it better to save Raging Blow! stacks for the colossus smash?

Scenario: You have less than 11 seconds cd left on CS (Raging Blow! duration is 11 seconds) and you crit with BT, you save the stack for when you have CS ready instead of wasting it on a target without the CS debuff, shouldnt this increase your DPS significally?

This would obviously not be worth it if you get more than 2 stacks while waiting for CS.

Thoughts?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can only have two charges at one time. With crit above 20% It should be no problem to have an RB available when you apply CS. Note, that you Start with BT after CS, if that BT crits you wasted a RB. Also note, that Enrage, well, enrages you, thus, giving you a "free" RB whenever you use it. I usually use it for those times BT doesn´t grant me sufficient amounts of RBs during CS window.

Deleted
    During CS window.

BT -> CS -> RB -> BT -> RB -> RB

You shouldn't be saving RB:s too much but you can do that if you have something like 2-3 secs on CS cd. But please note that if you are saving one and you crit with BT before using CS giving you 2 charges of RB, it's better to RB once before CS so you don't waste charge.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyksy View Post
    During CS window.

BT -> CS -> RB -> BT -> RB -> RB

You shouldn't be saving RB:s too much but you can do that if you have something like 2-3 secs on CS cd. But please note that if you are saving one and you crit with BT before using CS giving you 2 charges of RB, it's better to RB once before CS so you don't waste charge.
    Also, you should be able to squeeze in three to four Heroic Strikes, for they are off gcd. Just wanted to add that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Also, you should be able to squeeze in three to four Heroic Strikes, for they are off gcd. Just wanted to add that.
    this is something that isn't stressed enough, i think

forgetting to HS correctly can have a huge negative impact on your dps (remember, not spending rage when capped = lost rage from next attack or so = dps loss)

i've seen many warriors struggle with HS usage, and really it's just muscle memory at this point for me, but you should always be able to fit at least 3 (and im disappointed if i don't get 4) HS in during the CS debuff

you also want to remember that if running dragon roar / bloodbath, you should always remember to use DR during BB as it does count towards the bleed DoT. many warriors do not know this it seems

any other q's feel free to ask, being gone for a long time can leave you curious about a lot of things that "google it" doesn't help you with.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

I try to get 3 but sometimes can't cause it just wont go thru. I'll be hitting RB and HS at the same time, but for some reason sometimes I have the rage but the HS just doesn't want to happen. So most of the time its 2 and sometimes 3. Sucks, could be a keyboard issue don't know.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    You also want to remember that if running dragon roar / bloodbath, you should always remember to use DR during BB as it does count towards the bleed DoT. many warriors do not know this it seems.
    So true. But make sure not to use it while CS debuff is still up for it will always ignore armor. If you manage to pop BB and CS at the same time use DR in the remaining 4 seconds of BB after the CS debuff. Just don´t forget it.

one thing that was made before about the multi target part. whirlwind does more dmg than a single cleave as well. same rage cost, more weapon pure weapon damage and hits with both weapons.

85% weapon damage with each hand vs 82% with just main hand (114.8% from 1h weapons)
    Last edited by Bietr; 2013-05-12 at 06:37 PM. Reason: damage clearifications

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bietr View Post
    one thing that was made before about the multi target part. whirlwind does more dmg than a single cleave as well. same rage cost, more weapon pure weapon damage and hits with both weapons.

85% weapon damage with each hand vs 82% with just main hand (114.8% from 1h weapons)
    this is also noteworthy if you're running glyph of raging wind (which i tend to, there aren't really many other glyphs i like)

Hi ! Quick question: according to noxxic, Arms is somewhat better than Fury at lower item levels. Since I'm in the process of gearing my warrior, should I stick to Arms till I reach a certain ilvl/crit rating? (atm, 475 and ~12% crit without reforges)
    Thank you

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amala View Post
    Hi ! Quick question: according to noxxic, Arms is somewhat better than Fury at lower item levels. Since I'm in the process of gearing my warrior, should I stick to Arms till I reach a certain ilvl/crit rating? (atm, 475 and ~12% crit without reforges)
    Thank you
    I found playing fury with less then 18% crit very annoying. Switch to Arms for now and re-switch to fury once you reached Itemlevel 500+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Scenario: You have less than 11 seconds cd left on CS (Raging Blow! duration is 11 seconds) and you crit with BT, you save the stack for when you have CS ready instead of wasting it on a target without the CS debuff, shouldnt this increase your DPS significally?

Thoughts?
    Thoughts ?
    Go read the damn sticky for fury dps......everything is explained.... /thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Thoughts ?
    Go read the damn sticky for fury dps......everything is explained.... /thread.
    This isn't helpful at all, does not answer his question or contribute to the discussion at hand, and is quite rude. You should rethink before you post. Just because you have anonymity on the Internet doesn't mean you should act like a jackass.

@tankz0 It really depends. If I have CDs / procs up (which I normally do, between Dancing Steel x2, Cloak Enchant proc, and two proc trinkets) I never let a RB charge sit. Then again, my crit chance is like 30% in raid. If you feel that you can do that without wasting any charges, go ahead. Fury is less following a rigid rotation and more about adapting as things happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm finding Arms to be more 'fun' as my personal opinion. So I'll give you information on Arms A good source is Noxxic. Here's the direct link:

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/warrio...-and-cooldowns

Melee Hit (7.5%) > Expertise (7.5%) > Strength > Crit > Haste > Mastery

Recommended Talents:

Level 15: Double Time or Juggernaut (Double Time gives that extra charge and seems more reliable to charging adds)
    Level 30: Impending Victory or Enraged Regeneration (Impending Victory helps to get an extra heal during a fight)
    Level 45: Disrupting Shout (Gives you a second interrupt with a 40 second CD)
    Level 60: Dragon Roar or Bladestorm (Dragon Roar is an instant critical hit)
    Level 75: Safeguard or Mass Spell Reflection
    Level 90: Bloodbath or Avatar (Bloodbath seems to give a little extra dps boost if you're AoEing, both are good though)

Recommended Glyphs:

Unending Rage: 20 more rage for a burst.
    Colossus Smash: Good for adding the Sunder Armor effect.
    Bull Rush: If you want more rage from charging, this one is good.
    Victory Rush: I use this one on my toon for increased survival. Will increase healing from Victory Rush/Impending Victory by 50%.
    Sweeping Strikes: Good for AoE
    Whirlwind: Good for AoE

Single Target Rotation

Stance: Use one of the following stances.

Battle Stance Use during periods of normal raid damage.
    Berserker Stance Use during periods of high raid damage.

DPS Priority: Execute this priority for optimal DPS.

1. Mortal Strike on cooldown. Applies Deep Wounds.
    2. Colossus Smash Use as often as possible. Watch for Sudden Death procs.
    3. Heroic Leap if Colossus Smash buff is up. Not on the GCD!
    4. Heroic Strike to dump Rage (70+) when Colossus Smash is up. Not on the GCD!
    5. Execute on cooldown when target is below 20% health.
    6. Overpower whenever available.
    7. Slam to dump Rage (40+) when target is above 20% Health.

Arms Warrior DPS follows the priority outlined above. Use Mortal Strike as often as possible to build Rage and maintain Deep Wounds. Cast Colossus Smash as often as possible (without overwriting) and make sure to not waste any Sudden Death procs. Try to pool Rage before Colossus Smash so that you cast as many attacks as possible during its debuff. Also, while the Colossus Smash buff is up, always try to use Heroic Leap as it is not on the GCD and can be activated along with your other abilities. Heroic Strike should also be used while to Colossus Smash buff is up, but only to dump excess Rage (70+) during this time.

After this, use Execute as often as Rage will allow when your target is below 20% health. Cast Overpower as frequently as possible to consume Taste For Blood procs. Finally, use Slam as a filler to dump Rage when you have a moderate amount (40+) and your target is above 20% health.

AoE Rotation

Sweeping Strikes
    Thunder Clap
    Whirlwind
    Dragon Roar

With 2-3 targets, use Thunder Clap to apply Deep Wounds then activate Sweeping Strikes and proceed with the single target rotation. Maintain Sweeping Strikes as much as possible and refresh Deep Wounds every 15 seconds. At 4+ targets, use Thunder Clap to apply and maintain Deep Wounds and spam Whirlwind. Don’t forget to use Heroic Leap to quickly close the gap to AoE targets. Use Dragon Roar on cooldown.

Effective Cooldowns

These effective cooldowns are available if you chose them in your talent build.

Dragon Roar Use on cooldown for single target and AoE DPS.
    Bloodbath Use on cooldown for single target and AoE DPS.

These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.

Battle Shout Maintain this buff and use for extra Rage.
    Berserker Rage Use as needed to maintain Enrage.
    Heroic Leap Use to quickly close the gap to your targets.
    Recklessness Use as often as possible. Stack with other DPS cooldowns.
    Shattering Throw Use as often as possible. Best timed with other raid cooldowns.
    Skull Banner Use as often as possible. Best timed with other raid cooldowns.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    This isn't helpful at all, does not answer his question or contribute to the discussion at hand, and is quite rude. You should rethink before you post. Just because you have anonymity on the Internet doesn't mean you should act like a jackass.
    Making threads for every little questions just bloats up the forum....
    We have a fury sticky thread where you:
    1. Can read and find the answer for what i qouted OP on...
    2. Ask the very basic fury questions there.

If you really think the discussion is valueable, you should want to keep it in one thread and not spread out over multiple ones with repeating questions..
    Even advanced questions should be kept to...can you guess it ?
    The sticky thread on fury dps...

if you play arms i personally recommend storm bolt as you lvl 90 talent. hits for about has hard as an execute while enraged and CS is up. avatar isn't all that amazing. general consensus has leaned towards bloodbath as the go to for that teir, simply because it has the greatest potental dmg out put, however though achieving that high output can be tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Asuna-San View Post
    Single Target RotationDPS Priority: Execute this priority for optimal DPS.

1. Mortal Strike on cooldown. Applies Deep Wounds.
    2. Colossus Smash Use as often as possible. Watch for Sudden Death procs.
    3. Heroic Leap if Colossus Smash buff is up. Not on the GCD!
    4. Heroic Strike to dump Rage (70+) when Colossus Smash is up. Not on the GCD!
    5. Execute on cooldown when target is below 20% health.
    6. Overpower whenever available.
    7. Slam to dump Rage (40+) when target is above 20% Health.

Arms Warrior DPS follows the priority outlined above. Use Mortal Strike as often as possible to build Rage and maintain Deep Wounds. Cast Colossus Smash as often as possible (without overwriting) and make sure to not waste any Sudden Death procs. Try to pool Rage before Colossus Smash so that you cast as many attacks as possible during its debuff. Also, while the Colossus Smash buff is up, always try to use Heroic Leap as it is not on the GCD and can be activated along with your other abilities. Heroic Strike should also be used while to Colossus Smash buff is up, but only to dump excess Rage (70+) during this time.

After this, use Execute as often as Rage will allow when your target is below 20% health. Cast Overpower as frequently as possible to consume Taste For Blood procs. Finally, use Slam as a filler to dump Rage when you have a moderate amount (40+) and your target is above 20% health.
    Mostly right just a few small mistakes and missing one thing:
    • You should not use OP every time it's available. You will do more damage if you save a single charge before you use CS because this allows you to use 5 instead of 4 styles during the debuff (CS MS 3x OP MS or CS OP MS 2x OP Slam)
    • You should use CS even when the debuff is still present as long as it would be the last style used during that particular debuff (ie. CS OP MS 2x OP CS)
    • Use slam during Recklessness while CS is active. Becomes even more important once you obtain the T15 4pc.
    • Don't spam Execute sub 20%. It only replaces Slam outside of the CS window and should be used as often as possible during the CS

Quote Originally Posted by Asuna-San View Post
    Effective CooldownsThese effective cooldowns are available if you chose them in your talent build.

Dragon Roar Use on cooldown for single target and AoE DPS.
    Bloodbath Use on cooldown for single target and AoE DPS.

These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.

Battle Shout Maintain this buff and use for extra Rage.
    Berserker Rage Use as needed to maintain Enrage.
    Heroic Leap Use to quickly close the gap to your targets.
    Recklessness Use as often as possible. Stack with other DPS cooldowns.
    Shattering Throw Use as often as possible. Best timed with other raid cooldowns.
    Skull Banner Use as often as possible. Best timed with other raid cooldowns.
    A few small points here as well:
    • Try not to use DR during CS because it ignores armor
    • Only shout if you have to keep the buff up, have some downtime (running around, waiting for the boss to be vulnerable again) or made a mistake with your rage management and can't do anything else. The last usually only happens when you have to stand in front of the boss and your MS was parried. In every other situation, you should have enough rage to continue your rotation.
    • Don't use ST in 10man. Exceptions are precasting it or because you can't attack the boss at the moment. Personal DPS loss in 25man but raid dps gain.
    • Try to time your recklessness to be ready for the execute phase.