Poll: Who would you vote for?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Spring 2013 Poll: Democratic Presidential Candidate for 2016

Regardless of your political views or party membership, please feel free to discuss who you would like the Democratic Party's presidential nominee for 2016 to be. Why would you vote for who you would?

Click here for the Republican Party poll.
    Last edited by Nakura Chambers; 2013-05-11 at 05:58 PM.

Deleted
    Other: Jimmy McMillan

Sorry, but... this is 2013, you know. I am buffled by the creation of such a thread at this point in time and especially on a forum like that. I am really sorry for writing this, but... what's the hurry? It's 3 years away...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Sorry, but... this is 2013, you know. I am buffled by the creation of such a thread at this point in time and especially on a forum like that. I am really sorry for writing this, but... what's the hurry? It's 3 years away...
    Daishi likes pointless political debates for the sake of pointless political debates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chris Matthews. Because the world hasn't laughed at us enough for the last 13 years.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    Daishi likes pointless political debates for the sake of pointless political debates.
    They are interesting though, no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    They are interesting though, no?
    Entertaining, occasionally. Interesting, no.

Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren are only ones on that list I could see as a strong progressive, but Sanders is an independent so I don't think he'd go for democratic leadership. Kerry has shown some promise in Syria.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is likely going to be Hilary, but I would LOVE to see Biden in a Presidential election. The late night commentary and SNL content would be endless and hilarious.

Why include folks that arent even democratic party people? Bernie Sanders would have my vote for sure. But he will never get the nomination since he is independent.

The run in 2016 will be on ice for all potential candidates until Hillary decides one way or the other sometime in 2015.

Hillary for 2017-2025 sounds wonderful to me. And at that point we can get Elizabeth Warren as president for another 8 years. I would be super excited about a ticket like Warren/Sanders Warren/Alan Grayson . true progressives what isnt to like about a solid ticket like that in the oval office so we can repair the damage of the last 40 years from the GOP

Cuomo would be my preference. He's a pure pragmatist.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're all terrible shills in one way or another except for Kucinich and Warren, and I would only vote for them if there were no decent third party libertarian options.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Out of that list I'd go with Warren, but god knows what any of them is going to be like as president. One needs only look at Obama of 2008 compare to Obama of now to see that whatever we think of candidates is going to turn into a far different reality.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    It is likely going to be Hilary, but I would LOVE to see Biden in a Presidential election. The late night commentary and SNL content would be endless and hilarious.
    I could see the GaffeCounters already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    Out of that list I'd go with Warren, but god knows what any of them is going to be like as president. One needs only look at Obama of 2008 compare to Obama of now to see that whatever we think of candidates is going to turn into a far different reality.
    At least with Clinton you know how hawkish and subservient to financial institutions she'd be. She's Obama with even more corporatist tendencies.

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 09:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Chris Matthews. Because the world hasn't laughed at us enough for the last 13 years.
    I can imagine him speaking while the heat from his breath fogs up the teleprompter, prompting him to ramble on about how dogs are racist, everyone who doesn't like him is a right winger, and how much JFK makes his leg tingle.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

yea...Warren is the only one getting my vote out of these people. Clinton? really? she is as bad if not worse then Obama knowing what we know now.

10+ Year Old Account
    None, see my post in the Republican thread. None of these candidates, even more so than the Republican's, have shown that they would be any better than what we have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    None, see my post in the Republican thread. None of these candidates, even more so than the Republican's, have shown that they would be any better than what we have now.
    I don't know man. Perhaps you need to better acquaint yourself with Bernie Sanders. I think he's a pretty cool dude, and certainly different than Obama.

But let's also be honest. Holding the office of Presidency changes who you are. It changes the way you act and the way you think.

Maybe we should just get rid of Presidents?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably either Hillary Clinton or Elizabeth Warren.

Although to be fair, the Republicans would have to resurrect Eisenhower for me to vote for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    I don't know man. Perhaps you need to better acquaint yourself with Bernie Sanders. I think he's a pretty cool dude, and certainly different than Obama.

But let's also be honest. Holding the office of Presidency changes who you are. It changes the way you act and the way you think.

Maybe we should just get rid of Presidents?
    Read up on him, and I do like his social liberalism. Sure, maybe he would be a good choice. I just don't have any hope for the next presidential election, since it's probably going to be another battle between a moderate conservative and a slightly liberal conservative.

Bernie Sanders is great but he'd never win national office. He's pretty open about that.