Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Yes and... no. Wow has a lot of threads, but really only utilizes 2.5 to any effect. The i3 supports 4 threads, which is already more than WoW will utilize in a per-thread debate. More cores on the A10 does not equal more performance. The intels are simply better (with WoW specifically).

That said.. MOST games don't use more than 1 or 2 threads, the exception is Battlefield 3. AMD falls behind in almost every gaming aspect, except when it comes to rendering or streaming. I don't think AMD does better in any price category, except in the ultra-low end (sub $100) area.

Basically, TLDR: Whatever you choose, pick the Intel.
    So then I really should go with the i3 then? The AMD A10 is worthless?
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't call it 'worthless'. Simply 'not as good as'.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Yes and... no. Wow has a lot of threads, but really only utilizes 2.5 to any effect. The i3 supports 4 threads, which is already more than WoW will utilize in a per-thread debate. More cores on the A10 does not equal more performance. The intels are simply better (with WoW specifically).

That said.. MOST games don't use more than 1 or 2 threads, the exception is Battlefield 3. AMD falls behind in almost every gaming aspect, except when it comes to rendering or streaming. I don't think AMD does better in any price category, except in the ultra-low end (sub $100) area.

Basically, TLDR: Whatever you choose, pick the Intel.
    Ahh yeah I see what you are both saying now. Now I am really torn.. If I got with the AMD set up, I get 2 free games, where as with the Intel set up I don't get the free games. They come out to be the exact same price.. The games are SimCity and Dirt: Showdown. Of course given all the disaster with SimCity... I'd just like to try it out, even more so since it'd be getting it free, and Dirt likes a really fun game. So I'm getting more for free there. Do you guys think it's worth it go with the i3 and not get the free games?

One other thing I did also realize, is that I can upgrade the i3 later with an i5 or i7 as time goes on. The A10 I can't.

Last EDIT I promise: Yes, I am going with the i3. I just watched a video comparing the A10 and an i3 with the exact GPU I have, and while they almost exactly the same, the power consumption was far lower, and on top of all of that, I mention earlier, I do have the option to upgrade to an i5 or even an i7 later. I will be going with the i3. Thanks so much for the help guys! Really really really appreciate the help you guys have given me!
    Last edited by ElfinHilon10; 2013-05-13 at 01:37 AM.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't sacrifice gaming performance on everything to get a couple meh games.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I wouldn't sacrifice gaming performance on everything to get a couple meh games.
    That's very true, and there always other ways to get it free...

Thanks a bunch guys for the help. I really do feel very confident in my purchase and I think it was the right way to go. Thanks again!

10+ Year Old Account
    In the meantime... wanna ship your i5 over so I can fix it? >.>

I really feel that it seems a waste not to just fix that one, but you would know better what work has gone into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you aren't going to do anything with that old rig sell it, if it wouldn't cost such a mint to get it to australia I would buy it.
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210