Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Appreciate the feedback. We had him go Destro for a few attempts, but he does not play the spec and was doing far less damage on both boss and adds than when he was Aff, purely because of unfamiliarity with the spec. I agree that 2x Destro would be extremely ideal, as seeing Destro damage STOMPING the meters, but it didn't look feasible for him/us. He went back aff, and was basically on add duty 100% which was great (in that he could nearly solo all of them), but meant almost no damage on the boss.

So, hypothetically IF we go to the 2-heal route, who should have priority on mutations first? It sounds like some are suggesting tanks/healers, which I can see (as tank damage output is huge with the buff/debuffs), but healing is pretty minimal at the start. Another issue we saw was if/when heal debuffs dropped, people died; would it be better to get to 4 stacks, sit on it, then get 5 ~1min later? Or just to get 5 ASAP (for disc smites, for example) and then retransform ASAP? Priority for healers over DPS? And Hero later in the fight, I assume (when 2 healing) to help healers out, even if it means not having all DPS transformed?
    Use lust and your 2nd pots as soon as all your dpsers have mutated and in the start you should prio the dpsers since as u said healing isnt intense at all and your healers will get them in time. Preferably you dont want your healers to lose their mutation at the same time but the most important thing when any healer loses a mutation is that no one picks up any fluids other than him so he can get bk up to 5 instantly, in a perfect scenario this should take at most 5-6 seconds but most of the time its 10-15. during this short period you want to use raid CDs to stay alive, like VE, tranq, rallying cry, demo banner, smokebomb or just personal cds, w.e. keeps the raid alive basically.
    For the start i dont recommend you assign certain lanes to certain players and the only difference should be, dpsers that are fulltime on boss take 1 lane and dpsers that kill fluids take 2. This way your fluid killers will kill more fluids early since they get their mutations but at the same time your other dpsers will also get mutated and if you do it the proper way here it will almost take a minute before the boss even soaks 1 fluid and if u get it like that you have a great start. As for tanks all i know is that you basically want your paladin tank(which is you i guess) mutated most of the time just becuz of the healing you can put out if u do more damage, our paladin did 70k HPS on our 1st kill of this boss(note: that this was pre the nerf to his dmg taken while not mutated so dont expect that high numbers). The dk i dont really know but most of who gets mutated first you will have to try out and see what works because if survival is your issue you might want to try just always having healers and tanks mutated, havent tried that though myself but it might work too.

Deleted
    We killed it tonight \o/

The Enchance Shaman who helped us yesterday wasn't available tonight, so we actually brought in the Hpala trial. Had him focus me one tank all the time and basically not doing much else. Then after our break, he just didn't come back

We were then able to go back to the original setup, since the Enchance Shaman was done raiding on his main and low and behold, we got a kill. Our Spriest did try the talent changes that Discmeedel suggested but he didn't like it and couldn't get used to it fast enough, so he went back to his old build. But he basically increased his dmg on the boss by 20+%. We let the tanks get mutated after the dps and that did the trick.

Christ this boss was horrible in terms of RNG imo. Anyways, thx for the input guys

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    We killed it tonight \o/

The Enchance Shaman who helped us yesterday wasn't available tonight, so we actually brought in the Hpala trial. Had him focus me one tank all the time and basically not doing much else. Then after our break, he just didn't come back

We were then able to go back to the original setup, since the Enchance Shaman was done raiding on his main and low and behold, we got a kill. Our Spriest did try the talent changes that Discmeedel suggested but he didn't like it and couldn't get used to it fast enough, so he went back to his old build. But he basically increased his dmg on the boss by 20+%. We let the tanks get mutated after the dps and that did the trick.

Christ this boss was horrible in terms of RNG imo. Anyways, thx for the input guys
    Congrats!

We never even thought about prioritizing DPS > Tanks for mutation :P
    If this were back in the day and Tanks didn't do enough if not more single target damage than DPS then it would be another story..