Poll: ave you quit normal mode raiding for LFR?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yet on the very same token, these "casuals" who dont "have the time" for a regular raiding schedule will do raid finder on all their alts. A full ToT raid finder takes roughly 4 hours. And that is without wiping on Lei shen. Multiply that by the number of alts they have, along with all the profession stuff they do, and they easily spend more time playing this game than working hours in a week.

Just sayin'
    aside from the fact that you´re pulling all this out of your ass, the difference is that i can decide when i want to do raidfinder and don´t have to be online for it on specific times

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    aside from the fact that you´re pulling all this out of your ass, the difference is that i can decide when i want to do raidfinder and don´t have to be online for it on specific times
    I've been very succesful at PuGing raids, which lets you raid anytime and has the added benefit of keeping you awake.
    Normal mode raiding doesn't necessarily mean with a guild group. Just sayin'
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

kinda, I started raiding light in tbc, heavy wrath, died in cata but when DS came out I started my tanking gear from LFR,one night the guild was short a tank so I helped out and before I knew it, I was thrown in DS HC content every week, then MoP came and I said to my guild defo can't raid this time around because of exams,

so I stuck to LFR but havent played in a few months now, again due to exams, almost over ftw

I've always been a casual for years and joined pugs. Got into a guild in cata that wanted to raid, they were bad though and a lot of drama throughout the expansion, but during Dragonsoul the drama got really bad. so I stopped playing and came back for mop, joined new guild and declined to join their raid, only doing lfr. However as of 5.2 i dont even do lfr anymore. :/

Yes, due to real life reasons I've mentioned in prior threads.

Now would I return to normal raiding should my schedule allow it again? I doubt it. I'm playing a lot less, but I'm enjoying the game more. I haven't enjoyed the game this much since early BC. I'd be lying if I said that wasn't partially because of LFR.
    Last edited by darklady; 2013-05-13 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    So you disagree that raid finder ToT "wings" dont take roughly an hour each? Also how about the que times that add to that number? Isnt that about 4 hours for one character to fully complete all 12 bosses in ToT LFR?

How many characters do you run through ToT every week? It adds up buddy. You spend more time than you think at your computer playing mope

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    I've been very succesful at PuGing raids, which lets you raid anytime and has the added benefit of keeping you awake.
    I second this motion. Some pugs can be very successful. Rare, but it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    I'm glad pugging is working out for you, but not everyone can say the same thing due to factors that have been discussed ad nauseam in other threads.

From the poll results so far, more people still do normals. So this talk about LFR killing normals needs to stop. Can it at least stop on mmo-champion?

10+ Year Old Account
    As many others have said, I rather quit the game than only doing LFR to raid. I currently do not do them at all on my main, but I every now and than albeit RARE, I will do them on my retired main.

I haven't yet, but I am considering it since the normal mode difficulty is quite tiring. After a month break or so I am back into normal mode raiding and if I can make it work I'll stick to it. If it doesn't work I'll probably go LFR fulltime.

Yet on the very same token, these "casuals" who dont "have the time" for a regular raiding schedule will do raid finder on all their alts. A full ToT raid finder takes roughly 4 hours. And that is without wiping on Lei shen. Multiply that by the number of alts they have, along with all the profession stuff they do, and they easily spend more time playing this game than working hours in a week.

Just sayin'
    I'm not sure how many other players are in this boat, but as a casual, I don't have any other toons @90 (yet). What you say was certainly true in Cata however.

Also realize that having the time isn't equivalent to simply not wishing to play on a schedule. LFR has no social responsibility tied to it in that regard... you don't have to say "alright, I'm commited to the next 3 hours tonight", and have to worry about letting 9/24 other folks down, or worry about potentially losing a raid slot, etc.

Not a perfect system, and probably detrimental to the game in the long run, but it seems to be positive for enough folks.

Largely yes.
    I used to raid in wrath/cata with some friends that had weird schedules that made it nice for us to all raid together, then a lot of my guild members I raided with in cata quit in MOP for whatever reason, and being that I live in New Zealand and play on american servers (to hang out with my american friends) it is often very late server time wise by the time i get home from work (5pm Local time = 10pm server), most of the guilds on my server are almost done raiding by that stage, there isn't a lot of late night guilds on my server, so LFR is pretty much the only way I can raid.

I gem, I enchant, I pull my weight. I just can't commit to a guild schedule this days, so I raid on my schedule, which LFR allows, without LFR, I probably wouldn't be raiding at all.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    personally, I think LFR has nothing to do with normal raiding. I did LFR when I was still playing a month ago and I didn't have to know any tactics whatsoever. Just tank n spank, all bosses. Now if you compare that to any of the great Wow raids, it's night and day. Imagine Kara LFR back in the day, with all its intricacies, would have been a nightmare and totally not work.

When was the last good raid? WOTLK. And that in itself says a heck of a lot.

Deleted
    So you disagree that raid finder ToT "wings" dont take roughly an hour each? Also how about the que times that add to that number? Isnt that about 4 hours for one character to fully complete all 12 bosses in ToT LFR?

How many characters do you run through ToT every week? It adds up buddy. You spend more time than you think at your computer playing mope[COLOR="red"]
    that´s where i disagreed.
    i dont play mope, i should´ve used the correct tense since i´ve quit a few days ago. of course tot lfr takes a few hours, but the difference is that one can decide when to invest that time and is not dependant on 9 other people for it.
    not every server has pugs on saturday/sunday afternoon which are exactly searching for your class/spec. just sayin´

Yes. I'm not on enough to raid regularly with my guild. I'll occasionally sub in if they need someone and I'm on. That's about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by darklady View Post
    I'm glad pugging is working out for you, but not everyone can say the same thing due to factors that have been discussed ad nauseam in other threads.

From the poll results so far, more people still do normals. So this talk about LFR killing normals needs to stop. Can it at least stop on mmo-champion?
    I don't see why PuGing wouldn't work quite frankly. With services like openraid, oqueue plus your realm's trade chat, there plenty of groups to choose from and with last tier's raids being nerfed I just don't see how a PuG could fail.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR Aint that bad. But i havent quit guild raiding for it. But i still do it... =P
    Probably in a dungeon or a raid throwing Regrowth on a tank.

I second this motion. Some pugs can be very successful. Rare, but it happens.
    so people should give up doing LFR for the chance of the once under a blue moon successful pug...

If all I had to do is LFR I would unsub.
    I don't do LFR as it is. I log in raid and log out.

Nope. Still loving the normal modes on my main while sending wave after wave of alts (by that I mean only my one lvl 90 alt) into LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    so people should give up doing LFR for the chance of the once under a blue moon successful pug...
    I PuG on a nearly weekly basis and clear the instances I do most often than not. I even sometimes progressed further into ToT on my PuG alt than on my main before everything went on farm.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>