Thread: [BrM] Help?

[BrM] Help?

thanks in advance.

so tonight my guild proggresed to our 4th ToT boss kill (tortos) we even tried megera and i was wondering of some people would look at the logs
    My toons name is Pandabéar, i'm a Brm tank and i felt like i wasn't doing things right
    i know and could tell my shuffle wasn't up as much as i needed.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gohlj8hlvqgpzde7/

here is a armoury link just in case: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A9ar/simple

Holy hit overcapping Batman!

Bring that down if you can, that's quite a lot of wasted stats. The rest of your armory looks fine, since I assume you glyphed Guard for Megaera only. And if you run with the Glyph of Guard for all fights, don't do that. Not worth it at all.

Looking at the Tortos kill, your Shuffle uptime looks good and your Stagger management looks solid. Barely any heavy staggers, so you purified enough while still keeping Shuffle up. You only used Guard once though, which is pretty awful. You can use that a lot more often!

You also have a fairly high uptime on the stacks of EB, which makes me wonder if you're pooling them and waiting to use them, staying capped at 15 stacks and wasting potential stacks of EB? While saving EB can be useful in some situations, you really don't want to be wasting stacks of EB. So make sure you're using them. I could be reading WoL wrong here though, but at any rate it's worth mentioning. If you're more on top of EB than I suggest, then great!

As for Megaera, looking at the deaths it seems like a lack of heals or, bizarrely, Torrent of Ice. Tanks don't get targeted by that so someone kited it into you. Bad times, sort your raid out! You also got hit by Acid Rain, which again I don't think targets tanks... So there's some raid issues to sort out there.

I don't think there's anything you're doing wrong personally; lack of heals, raid being bad, etc. Just make sure you are playing the best you can; on Megaera that means always having a CD up for each special breath towards the later half of the fight. Diffuse Magic, Glyphed Guard, Fortifying Brew, Zen Med: we've got a lot of options. Always use at least one for each special breath, especially on the red head.

Hope that helps!

Way over the hit cap way below exp cap need to do some reforging. Btw exp cap is now 15%

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he can bring his hit down any more than he has... seems like he's reforged out of it on every piece that has hit on it. Probably also waiting for another trinket to replace the SPA one...
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by NRL1515 View Post
    I don't think he can bring his hit down any more than he has... seems like he's reforged out of it on every piece that has hit on it. Probably also waiting for another trinket to replace the SPA one...
    I was in the same boat through the first month and a half of ToT. Every upgrade piece had hit on it. I think I maxed out at 9.8% hit reforging away every iota of hit on my gear and gemming stamina/crit in blue slots for the minor gains to EHP.

I'll echo Kisho above. It looks like a raid problem and not a tank problem.

If your raid is dying to mechanics between rampages, there's not much you can do to help. If your raid is dying to rampages, you can actually step in as a vengeance-buffed fourth healer for those phases. Pick up Celerity, chi burst, and chi torpedo. You can get 4 chi torpedoes off per rampage for around 200k total healing per raid member in 10s. Chi Burst will do another 80k or so per raid member. This can make up for some weak raid heals. You'll lose out on chi wave's self heals. Xuen is buggy for the fight and tends to forget to apply his DoT, so you don't lose much damage there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Holy hit overcapping Batman!

Bring that down if you can, that's quite a lot of wasted stats. The rest of your armory looks fine, since I assume you glyphed Guard for Megaera only. And if you run with the Glyph of Guard for all fights, don't do that. Not worth it at all.

Looking at the Tortos kill, your Shuffle uptime looks good and your Stagger management looks solid. Barely any heavy staggers, so you purified enough while still keeping Shuffle up. You only used Guard once though, which is pretty awful. You can use that a lot more often!

You also have a fairly high uptime on the stacks of EB, which makes me wonder if you're pooling them and waiting to use them, staying capped at 15 stacks and wasting potential stacks of EB? While saving EB can be useful in some situations, you really don't want to be wasting stacks of EB. So make sure you're using them. I could be reading WoL wrong here though, but at any rate it's worth mentioning. If you're more on top of EB than I suggest, then great!

As for Megaera, looking at the deaths it seems like a lack of heals or, bizarrely, Torrent of Ice. Tanks don't get targeted by that so someone kited it into you. Bad times, sort your raid out! You also got hit by Acid Rain, which again I don't think targets tanks... So there's some raid issues to sort out there.

I don't think there's anything you're doing wrong personally; lack of heals, raid being bad, etc. Just make sure you are playing the best you can; on Megaera that means always having a CD up for each special breath towards the later half of the fight. Diffuse Magic, Glyphed Guard, Fortifying Brew, Zen Med: we've got a lot of options. Always use at least one for each special breath, especially on the red head.

Hope that helps!
    Thanks for the reply,
    the fact i was dying form the ice torrent things was we had to wipe it to get back in due to deaths, i should of pointed that out sorry.
    i wasn't meaning to have the up time on the EB but i kept forgetting , i was more focused on my health.
    the guard i used really could of been more then 1 i didn't notice i used it only once, thanks for pointing that out.

and yeah i cant lose more hit then i already have, I've tried a lot

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    I was in the same boat through the first month and a half of ToT. Every upgrade piece had hit on it. I think I maxed out at 9.8% hit reforging away every iota of hit on my gear and gemming stamina/crit in blue slots for the minor gains to EHP.

I'll echo Kisho above. It looks like a raid problem and not a tank problem.

If your raid is dying to mechanics between rampages, there's not much you can do to help. If your raid is dying to rampages, you can actually step in as a vengeance-buffed fourth healer for those phases. Pick up Celerity, chi burst, and chi torpedo. You can get 4 chi torpedoes off per rampage for around 200k total healing per raid member in 10s. Chi Burst will do another 80k or so per raid member. This can make up for some weak raid heals. You'll lose out on chi wave's self heals. Xuen is buggy for the fight and tends to forget to apply his DoT, so you don't lose much damage there.
    i might have to try that out thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pazx View Post
    Thanks for the reply,
    the fact i was dying form the ice torrent things was we had to wipe it to get back in due to deaths, i should of pointed that out sorry.
    i wasn't meaning to have the up time on the EB but i kept forgetting , i was more focused on my health.
    the guard i used really could of been more then 1 i didn't notice i used it only once, thanks for pointing that out.

and yeah i cant lose more hit then i already have, I've tried a lot
    Ahhh, that makes sense. Then yeah, it looks like you aren't the issue in those attempts; probably just the usual healers needing to figure out the fight. Megaera is a very healing intensive fight, so once they figure it out then it'll become a lot easier. Of course, you need to do everything you can to make their lives easier: do as much DPS as possible for raid Guards, use a CD for every breath (especially on the red head), use your active mitigation effectively, etc. The Chi Burst/Chi Torpedo suggestion is good too, though I'm personally too much of a DPS whore to not use Xuen. :P

Deleted
    Hey there. Just had a quick look through your attempts and it seems that the other tank is having issues staying alive for the breaths. Not sure what CD rotation Warriors have to deal with them but he should look into it.

The other thing that jumps out from the logs is you loose alot of people to the Cinders debuff. Your healers really need to dispel this as soon as it is applied.

If you feel your health is dipping to low during the breaths you can place some Healing Spheres down before the pull and during Rampages, you should have plenty of Gift of the Orbs procs lying around aswell, a quick side step and you'll be back at full HP immediately.

On our kills we totally ignore the Frozen Head so we never get Torrent of Ice or Icy Ground. Makes the fight minimal movement.

Nothing else I can really add that others haven't mentioned. You got the 5th head down on your last attempt so your making progress and pretty sure you'll get the kill soon

GotOx Orbs are amazing on Megaera. Should definitely be glyphing Enduring Healing Sphere. I also use regular Guard and Diffuse Magic for that fight. Especially saving Diffuse Magic for the 5th enrage helps a lot. Use everything you can to stay alive for that 2nd to last head, as well. Armor potion, Fort Brew, even soak a breath with Zenmed, etc. Also nice to have Xuen to help burst down the heads when yours is the focus target.

I can't understand why your stats are so low at 517 though. At 517 ilvl I had 6k Haste, 14.5% exp, 34.5% crit, and 8% mastery. You don't need that much EHP, so I would get Agi legging enchant and break some of those socket bonuses to get more secondary stats. They're worth more than getting stam gems or a little agi.
    Last edited by stellvia; 2013-05-14 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    GotOx Orbs are amazing on Megaera. Should definitely be glyphing Enduring Healing Sphere. I also use regular Guard and Diffuse Magic for that fight. Especially saving Diffuse Magic for the 5th enrage helps a lot. Use everything you can to stay alive for that 2nd to last head, as well. Armor potion, Fort Brew, even soak a breath with Zenmed, etc. Also nice to have Xuen to help burst down the heads when yours is the focus target.

I can't understand why your stats are so low at 517 though. At 517 ilvl I had 6k Haste, 14.5% exp, 34.5% crit, and 8% mastery. You don't need that much EHP, so I would get Agi legging enchant and break some of those socket bonuses to get more secondary stats. They're worth more than getting stam gems or a little agi.
    are there any quick tips on to what ones should be changed, im open for trying some things

I don't see much of an issue but why is noone worried about him being way under the exp cap? And I agree the crit Stam gems need to go. I know over the hit cap but the agi/hit gems will do u better. Than the crit stamina. Idk just stats wise u are going wrong for 10 man IMO. The exp trinket either 10 or lfr from first boss if u can get it to drop is better than the shado-pan IMO. This trinket 10 or lfr version http://www.wowhead.com/item=95625
    Last edited by sosleapy; 2013-05-14 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    are there any quick tips on to what ones should be changed, im open for trying some things
    There isn't a whole lot you can do while keeping the exp hard cap, you have 1k over the hit cap from the staff + VP trinket and a few other items. Probably stuck like that until Renataki's drops.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

For glyphs, I'd say guard, enduring sphere, fort brew. Nothing else I think gives a benefit.
    Chi torpedo does totally help out healing so try that I think (at least on learning/progression) the rampage healing is hard.

So, using guard on the first breath, then diffuse, guard, if you need another cd, zen med is your strongest. If you need to decide between that our fort brew on one of the early breaths, go with ZM so it's up again for the last time you need it.
    If you have to use fort brew, that is the time to run around picking up orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post
    For glyphs, I'd say guard, enduring sphere, fort brew. Nothing else I think gives a benefit.
    Chi torpedo does totally help out healing so try that I think (at least on learning/progression) the rampage healing is hard.

So, using guard on the first breath, then diffuse, guard, if you need another cd, zen med is your strongest. If you need to decide between that our fort brew on one of the early breaths, go with ZM so it's up again for the last time you need it.
    If you have to use fort brew, that is the time to run around picking up orbs.

During our transition to 25s (We have a lot of new/behind people to catch up and gear up) we were struggling a bit on rampages.

I was like eh ok I'll try chi torpedo.

I didn't think it was doing that much.

Until I did as much as one of our healers on the meters and 80% of it was from just rolling twice during each rampage.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    There isn't a whole lot you can do while keeping the exp hard cap, you have 1k over the hit cap from the staff + VP trinket and a few other items. Probably stuck like that until Renataki's drops.
    Do you mean going to 15%?.
    using the raid finder Renataki's would be worse then the vp one wouldn't it, so i should wait till normal one

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 04:09 PM ----------

ive changed some gems and chants around, lost the stam for more crt.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    I don't see much of an issue but why is noone worried about him being way under the exp cap?
    Because it doesn't really matter. Hit/exp caps are mostly personal preference; find an amount that suits you. The only thing that's definitely wrong is being overcapped, hence why we mention that but not being under the exp cap.

I know over the hit cap but the agi/hit gems will do u better. Than the crit stamina. Idk just stats wise u are going wrong for 10 man IMO.
    If he's over the hit cap, then all he's getting from an agi/hit gem is 80 agility... Personally I'd prefer 120 crit and 120 stam over 80 agi. Stamina still has its uses, and it's better than completely wasted stats from overcapped hit.

We are progressing on H Council right now. Furthest we have gotten on our 1st night is Kazra and Marli left at around 40% each, so the end is in sight.
    Question I have is what talents do I use? In particular - RJW or Zuen. I used both in testing last night but didn't see a swing in dps either way. I did have a harder time keeping Shuffle up 100% with RJW bc I was really trying to SCK when Kazra would rush into melee and also for the twisted fate add, my shuffle could drop off. So which is better dps? Bc by the end of the fight I would get more use out of Zuen right?

Secondly which lvl 75 talent? I never was in any danger of dying unless healers ran out of range due to a twisted add spawning in 3sec. Other than that I hardly even used FB. I tank Sul and Malakk. Our War tanks Marli. What kind of damage am I taking? Should I use Dif Magic during Malak's frost empower or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Archdrood View Post
    We are progressing on H Council right now. Furthest we have gotten on our 1st night is Kazra and Marli left at around 40% each, so the end is in sight.
    Question I have is what talents do I use? In particular - RJW or Zuen. I used both in testing last night but didn't see a swing in dps either way. I did have a harder time keeping Shuffle up 100% with RJW bc I was really trying to SCK when Kazra would rush into melee and also for the twisted fate add, my shuffle could drop off. So which is better dps? Bc by the end of the fight I would get more use out of Zuen right?

Secondly which lvl 75 talent? I never was in any danger of dying unless healers ran out of range due to a twisted add spawning in 3sec. Other than that I hardly even used FB. I tank Sul and Malakk. Our War tanks Marli. What kind of damage am I taking? Should I use Dif Magic during Malak's frost empower or what?
    RJW will almost always do worse dps than Xuen, especially if you can line up Xuen with Bloodlust. I use RJW on only a few fights where Xuen's taunt can cause positioning issues. Even on Tortos, RJW is really only useful to grab aggro from the bats at range.

Also, don't let shuffle drop. Just don't. Shuffle isn't so much active mitigation as it is baseline mitigation for Brewmasters. Letting it drop is like a warrior taking off his shield.

Malakk's burst comes from his frigid assault buff. That is frost damage so diffuse magic works to mitigate the first 6 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean going to 15%?.
    using the raid finder Renataki's would be worse then the vp one wouldn't it, so i should wait till normal one
    The proc on the VP trinket is strong so ending up with some wasted hit rating isn't the end of the world. I'm stuck at 8.86% now that I got the 335 staff =/

Hopefully Council will drop a Bad Juju next week.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    The proc on the VP trinket is strong so ending up with some wasted hit rating isn't the end of the world. I'm stuck at 8.86% now that I got the 335 staff =/

Hopefully Council will drop a Bad Juju next week.
    Alright....
    Yeah i have the TF bad juju its great procs a lot
    Sometimes i swear it procs over itself though