Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Next Lvl Cap abilites

So I was trying to come up with abilities for the next lvl cap be it 95 or 100 etc.

The ability names can be changed and are place holders.
    All numbers can be modified, this is just to get a feel for the abilities.

Have a look and give constructive feedback please.

Keep in mind this would be aimed at the end level of the next expansion.

LvL 95 Abilities:

Death Knight : Ride Horsemen : 3 minute cool down, 70 runic power
    The death knight places a mark on the target which counts down from 10,
    after which the four horseman appear around the target and charge the target
    one after another dealing X damage and applying/refreshing death knight dots and
    reducing the target's armour by 50% for 8 seconds.

Druid : Emerald Warden : 3 minute cool down
    The druid's body becomes a link to the emerald dream for 20 seconds during
    which time the druid becomes an emerald drake. The abilities the dragon does
    change depending on role.

Hunter : Culling the weak : 60 second cool down : 60 focus
    The hunter shoots its target dealing X damage and linking it to all enemies
    within 8 yards, the linked enemies take 30% of the damage dealt to the primary target.
    Link lasts 15 seconds.

Mage : Chrono Stop : 4 minute cool down
    Calling on the ultimate power of time itself, if a person would die the mage freeze's them
    in time at 1hp for 5 seconds after which they return to 30% life.

Monk : Touch of Chaos : 60 second cool down : 4 chi
    Brew / Wind -The monk uses the forbidden technique and strikes the target unleashing its inner sha,
    dealing X damage and reduces target’s armour and attack speed by 25%.

Mist - The monk becomes rooted and begins channelling the essence of harmony to all players within 15 yards.
    Harmony heals all players by 5% of their maximum health every 3 seconds for 15 seconds. During this channel players may
    touch the monk to regain 10% of their maximum mana.( they then receive a de-buff not allowing them to touch the monk again)

Paladin: Virtuous Onslaught : 5 minute cool down
    Prot / Reti -The paladin becomes an avatar of the light for 30 seconds increasing all damage dealt by 20%, and your abilities have a 15% chance to reduce the cool down on your guardian of ancient kings by 40 seconds.

Holy - The paladin becomes an avatar of the light for 30 seconds during which time your healing spells infuse the target with light, increasing their attack/casting speed by 15%, and your abilities have a 15% chance to reduce the cool down on your guardian of ancient kings by 40 seconds.

Priest : Void Conduit : 2.5 minute cool down
    Holy / Disc - The light of the naaru shines within you increasing your spell power by 20% for
    10 seconds and after this effect ends you gain lingering light which lowers your mana costs by 20% for 5 seconds.

Shadow - The fury of the naaru envelops you for 15 seconds causing all your spells to cost 20% less mana and for all your shadow spells to be instant cast.

Rogue : Whirl of Death : 45 energy
    The rogue begins the whirl of death releasing a spray of knives at all targets within 10 yards, dealing X damage plus 20% if the target is lower than 20% of their maximum life. This attack has a high chance of applying your active poisons at their normal rate. Awards 1 combo points if it strikes your current combo target. If the target does not die within 5 seconds after using this attack you may cast it again for no additional cost, but the ability then goes on a 30 second cool down.

Replaces fan of knives.

Shaman : Elemental Vengeance : 3 minute cool down
    Ele / Ench -For the next 30 seconds whenever a shaman summons a totem, the totem becomes a mini elemental. This elemental gives the same buff as the totem would but also attacks the shaman target dealing 20% of the damage the shaman does. After the effect ends the elemental's become totems again.

Resto -For the next 30 seconds whenever a shaman summons a totem, the totem becomes a mini elemental. This elemental gives the same buff as the totem would but also help defend the shaman's healing target by applying their own buffs.
    Earth gives mini earth shield on players lower then 40% life.
    Water casts rip tide on random players.
    Air increases random raiders cast speed.
    Fire increases attack damage or spell power on random raiders.
    After the effect ends the elemental's become totems again.

Warlock : Demonic Potential : 3 minute cool down, 2 soul shards
    The warlock may sacrifice their current pet to summon a lord of the legion
    These summons last 40 seconds and have % of the warlocks max life.

voidwalker /felguard - Pitlord (170% warlocks life) (Cleave, aggro aura, deathgrip, aoe terrify)
    Succubus / Felhunter - Nathrezim (110% warlocks life) (Mind control aura, Shadow cleave, Aoe silence, banish)
    Imp / Doomguard / infernal - Eredar lord (125% warlocks life) (Summon lesser minions, Vampiric aura, aoe shadow bolt,fel shield on warlock)

Warrior : Berserker Fury : 3 minute cool down

The warrior goes into a fury instantly gaining 70 rage and for the next 20 seconds all damage taken is reduced by 30%.
    Last edited by JudgePayne; 2013-05-13 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Healer abilites added and paladin and rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing for Paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Nothing for Paladin?
    Working on them atm, they are hard

Deleted
    Paladins too OP to get anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin: Puke holy rainbows at your enemies.

Nothing for Paladin?
    Paladin : Safe Haven : 15 minutes cooldown.
    Casting a non-dispellable shield and then hearthing out, can be used in dungeon, raid, battleground and arena

Hunter : Texidermy : 5 Minute Cooldown
    The Hunter creates an exact replica of a friendly target, making them invisible and creating a dummy that will taunt enemy monsters.

slime

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin: Puke holy rainbows at your enemies.
    Fuck everything else, we need this. I want Whimsyshire from Diablo3 coming out of my paladins every orifice.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Fuck everything else, we need this. I want Whimsyshire from Diablo3 coming out of my paladins every orifice.
    ewwwwwwwwwww
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I like your shaman idea but here's mine.

(No Name yet)
    3m CD
    For the next 30seconds when you place a totem a random totem from that class, (i.e. healing tide drops a healing stream), drops next to the placed totem duplicating all healing or damage done. (If used with an elemental totem (name) ends and it is placed on a 7.5min CD

I wanted this mainly for 2x searing/healing stream totems and a 1.5min CD but i quickly realized its OPness lol

healer abilities and paladin added

Deleted
    Do you want everybody to quit because every rogue kills them and they don't even get the chance to react?

Its going to be hard to add ANOTHER ability to classes especially when some talents are going to be replaced.

If we have abilities added, do NOT:
    -Have long cooldown, dps/hps/tank abilities
    -Have CC
    -Have mobility

I'd like to see rotations changed up, add new niche filling rotation abilities.

Wait, OP, isn't the rogue ability already in game? I think its cloak of shadows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I'm a DK I will comment on the one you created:
    Death Knight : Ride Horsemen : 3 minute cool down, 70 runic power
    The death knight places a mark on the target which counts down from 10,
    after which the four horseman appear around the target and charge the target
    one after another dealing X damage and applying/refreshing death knight dots and
    reducing the target's armour by 50% for 8 seconds.
    Neat but I don't think it's going to be worth it with the huge cooldown or the giant RP cost. Unless the damage is excessive (think like 1m) it couldn't possibly add anything DPS-wise to any spec. The worst part is the armor part - that could force raids to take DK's for the huge bonus to damage by other classes when the boss loses 50% of their armor.

Perhaps if it counted down from 3, dealt 220% weapon damage + scaling AP per disease on the target as shadow/frost (depending on spec) and reduced movement speed by 80%? Then it could be applicable as a dps boost and be useful for PvP. We could have it use one of each rune instead of having a cooldown as that would significantly limit how often it could be used to prevent it from being OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Do you want everybody to quit because every rogue kills them and they don't even get the chance to react?
    In fairness I believe that the rogue ability opens up a lot more diverse play and no I don't think people will quit because a rogue can jump them for a longer period now. I think this gives the other classes a good amount of new abilities to merge into their existing rotations.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    Wait, OP, isn't the rogue ability already in game? I think its cloak of shadows?
    Cloak or shadows :Instantly removes all existing harmful spell effects, provides a brief moment of immunity against magical damage and harmful effects, and then causes you to resist all spells for 5 sec. Does not remove effects that prevent you from using Cloak of Shadows.

Not quite the same me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

Neat but I don't think it's going to be worth it with the huge cooldown or the giant RP cost. Unless the damage is excessive (think like 1m) it couldn't possibly add anything DPS-wise to any spec. The worst part is the armor part - that could force raids to take DK's for the huge bonus to damage by other classes when the boss loses 50% of their armor.

Perhaps if it counted down from 3, dealt 220% weapon damage + scaling AP per disease on the target as shadow/frost (depending on spec) and reduced movement speed by 80%? Then it could be applicable as a dps boost and be useful for PvP. We could have it use one of each rune instead of having a cooldown as that would significantly limit how often it could be used to prevent it from being OP.
    I think the worse thing about that spell is the fact that the horsemen are death knights.

a DK summoning more DKs. DKception. what if those DKs decide to summon more DKs and those more DKs summon even more? in one global CD you could pretty much crash the server
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

Perhaps if it counted down from 3, dealt 220% weapon damage + scaling AP per disease on the target as shadow/frost (depending on spec) and reduced movement speed by 80%? Then it could be applicable as a dps boost and be useful for PvP. We could have it use one of each rune instead of having a cool down as that would significantly limit how often it could be used to prevent it from being OP.
    As I said the numbers are still in the air it was more of a general concept of abilities, but I'm glad you like the design path.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    In fairness I believe that the rogue ability opens up a lot more diverse play and no I don't think people will quit because a rogue can jump them for a longer period now. I think this gives the other classes a good amount of new abilities to merge into their existing rotations.
    You do understand that shadowdance already reduces the energy cost of Ambush to 40 (not half) and that is the dps cooldown that bursts people for subtlety.

Now imagine that, for 10 seconds, on any ability of the rogues choice.

For PVE though, choices already exist such as T15 (4) set, and adreneline rush for combat rogues.

No to big cooldowns on new abilities, we've had this for several expansions now and its getting out of hand with how many cooldowns we all chain together for fat deeps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know a better skill for paladins.
    They can transform into uther: Uther's Last blessing, how they can call it.
    And your damage will increase by 15% and your haste by 30% but you do take 10% more damage.

This a idea? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I think the worse thing about that spell is the fact that the horsemen are death knights.

a DK summoning more DKs. DKception. what if those DKs decide to summon more DKs and those more DKs summon even more? in one global CD you could pretty much crash the server
    Imagine Dancing Rune Weapon and then using this ability...