Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    If you actually read the pre-translated versions of the Quran, you'll find it talks about respect, tolerance and appreciation. It is an abomination to harm yourself, including Drugs, Drinking, Suicide Bombers, etc...

The same way that according to the Bible, you must not pass judgement and abuse others, yet the Catholic Church is very Anti-Gay and notorious for Child Abuse.

There are extremists in all religions, groups, sects and societies. I fail to your point.
    I dont give a flying shit about how a holy text is written since it always without exception comes down to how it is interpreted by a male rabi, iman, priest and his agenda centuries later which might/might not have anything at all to do with how it was meant to be read.
    How is it even relevant in what way the bible, quaran or any other holy text was written.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-05-14 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Nothing can change the arab world. They're flawed. I do not associate with men from there at all as it is. They've got a really fucked up view on women.
    Not good to pull 'everyone' from a place and put them into one category. I'm from the 'arab world'. Palestine to be exact, even tho i'm from there i still think this is as stupid as other people does.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    And in one sentence you undermined what little credibility you had left.

Which is rich considering that you were oh so willing to say that Felya "depended" on Middle Eastern business to heat their home and then call -them- pathetic for calling you out on your assumption.
    Because making a general statement based on the possibility that he has a Car, that his business / work requires heating, that the trucks delivering Food needs fuel and all the other forms of Oil / Fuel that are used in his every day life, makes me an ass, right?

I'm sick of this stupid conversation. You're morale crusaders, who've decided someone else has it wrong, yet you offer no reasonable alternative considering your nations are a fucking disaster. Either way, I'm off. Got a meeting with someone who has actually been involved in UAE, and I'll direct him to this thread, to see what he thinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because making a general statement based on the possibility that he has a Car, that his business / work requires heating, that the trucks delivering Food needs fuel and all the other forms of Oil / Fuel that are used in his every day life, makes me an ass, right?
    No, whining because he called you out on it makes you an ass.

I'm sick of this stupid conversation. You're morale crusaders, who've decided someone else has it wrong, yet you offer no reasonable alternative considering your nations are a fucking disaster. Either way, I'm off. Got a meeting with someone who has actually been involved in UAE, and I'll direct him to this thread, to see what he thinks.
    *Moral.

If Western nations are such a "fucking disaster" why do you live in one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Yes, but I dont get your point. You need to tell me why you pasted it
    you said they are allowed to hit their wives and kids, if they were allowed how come there is a governmental organisation that try to solve/prevent that.
    one more thing if you think they can hit their wives you really dont understand uae tribal socaity .
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by habitsbreaker View Post
    you said they are allowed to hit their wives and kids, if they were allowed how come there is a governmental organisation that try to solve/prevent that.
    one more thing if you think they can hit their wives you really dont understand uae tribal socaity .
    So you are saying that there is a governmental organisation trying to prevent that from happening cos it does not happen, uh?

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 03:00 PM ----------

*Moral.

If Western nations are such a "fucking disaster" why do you live in one?
    THAT however is not a fruitful argument if we are to have a constructive debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one has even called you an ass. You are the one calling people that. All I am saying is your assumption about me and Russia are wrong. I think I have made a valid argument for my opinion, without calling you an ass. I do think that based on what I have linked, not from liberal media, shows how absurd the assumption is.

My argument is not based on morals. I disagree to your assumption on results of sanctions. I think treating people, such as this woman has been, is abhorrent in every place in the world. I do not believe the laws in UAE are based on such mistreatment, nor is it indicative of Muslims. I do not believe that sanctions would be required to prevent things like this from happening. As Muslims all over the world can tell you, mistreatment of women such as here, is not the crux of their faith.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a known [fact?] among citizens of gulf countries that domestic violence, poverty lines, and other statistics are "toned-down" in order for these nations to look in a better shape than what they're.

Source: I've been there and I have some family there.

So you are saying that there is a governmental organisation trying to prevent that from happening cos it does not happen, uh?[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 03:00 PM ----------

no, am saying that even tho these things SOMTIMES happen and the government is trying its best to get rid of it.
    do you think there is no men that hit their wives and kids in western countries at all.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    It is a known [fact?] among citizens of gulf countries that domestic violence, poverty lines, and other statistics are "toned-down" in order for these nations to look in a better shape than what they're.

Source: I've been there and I have some family there.
    we are talking about the uae not the gulf countries.
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

10+ Year Old Account
    we are talking about the uae not the gulf countries.
    UAE is in the Arabian gulf which makes it a gulf country...

10+ Year Old Account
    UAE is in the Arabian gulf which makes it a gulf country...
    I thought it was a golf country?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was a golf country?
    Apparently, it is a golf country http://www.1golf.eu/images/golfclubs...10771_full.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I would very much like to go to the UAE again, it has many interesting things to do.

Unfortunately given that I can't get laid while there it reduces its appeal.

15+ Year Old Account
    no, am saying that even tho these things SOMTIMES happen and the government is trying its best to get rid of it.
    do you think there is no men that hit their wives and kids in western countries at all.

No I dont, we have our problems as well. I really dont want to get into a too deep debate about religion since it is not allowed unless releveant to something at hand but I can say that it is a well known and documented fact that womens rights are not in the best spot in UEA. That include the common preception that hitting(in your view maybe putting here in place for her own good) a women is standard procedure in UEA if the male see fit.

I'm not sure how you can convince me otherwise, judging from frequent reports of what I (as a westerner I agree but also the UN) consider a violatinion of human rights, in this case in regard to women.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-05-14 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would very much like to go to the UAE again, it has many interesting things to do.

Unfortunately given that I can't get laid while there it reduces its appeal.
    Assuming you're going with your gf you sort of can get laid. It is technically illegal but no one will report you for it if you do it in your hotel room. So yeah but as the saying goes better safe than sorry.

Ouch, this sounds quite terrible for the woman in question.
    No suprise tho, it's a shithole legal-wise where they will screw you over for a penny.
    Best to stay away from these kind of countries - all the normal people have is a camel and maybe a pack of cigarettes.

Too bad the entire religion from around that area is taking over other parts of the world as well.
    If it wasn't for the oil then some country would've already taken those places over and culled it.

15+ Year Old Account
    My parents wanted me to play golf, it was their plan to get me to be arsed to get a driving license since it require to drive a bit out of downtown.
    I can tell you that I hated it, got bored and I was terrible at it. So terrible that I can promise you that I would be able to stand at that golf course and still manage to crash a windown at the 30th floor at one of those skyrise buildings 0,8 miles away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Best to stay away from these kind of countries - all the normal people have is a camel and maybe a pack of cigarettes.
    And an oil tap too... in every house.

Now joking aside, camels are more expensive than cars there.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 04:35 PM ----------

My parents wanted me to play golf, it was their plan to get me to be arsed to get a driving license since it require to drive a bit out of downtown.
    I can tell you that I hated it, got bored and I was terrible at it. So terrible that I can promise you that I would be able to stand at that golf course and still manage to crash a windown at the 30th floor at one of those skyrise buildings 0,8 miles away
    Haha... I am not the only one it appears. I hate both driving (impractical here) and golfing.

If you actually read the pre-translated versions of the Quran, you'll find it talks about respect, tolerance and appreciation. It is an abomination to harm yourself, including Drugs, Drinking, Suicide Bombers, etc...

The same way that according to the Bible, you must not pass judgement and abuse others, yet the Catholic Church is very Anti-Gay and notorious for Child Abuse.

There are extremists in all religions, groups, sects and societies. I fail to your point.
    The point Bakis made was: 'Or rather: How it is interpreted by exclusively males in my country Sweden, in your country, and in UAE."

The things you say about the Quran are true. But, like every other book written as a basis for any kind of ideology, be it for religion or any other, some few sods came together after the author died, and filled the whole thing with hatred, fearmongering, xenophobia and self-righteous promotion of violence. Sure, the love, acceptance, peace and kindness is still in there, and most followers choose to follow THAT line of thinking, but that doesn't change the fact that at least an equal amount of nasty is creeping from the pages like some kind of parasitic slime mold. And it saddens me to admit that that nasty stuff is the stuff that creates DOGMA. And dogma is the stuff that creates a theocracy.
    It's not about Islam. It's not about Catholicism. It's not about religion. It's about the corrupt dogma that some powerhungry madmen in the past inserted into holy ideals.

And an oil tap too... in every house.
    Now joking aside, camels are more expensive than cars there.
    A living creature is hard to raise in a place like that, whereas you can get a car that was build by 10 people that have to split 10 cents as a paycheck.