Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    Japan. Different cultures think differently.
    Which is why I'm glad I don't subscribe to moral relativism.

Evil times make the most good men evil.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Wars have rules. If you knew anything about the military you'd know this.

You want to know why there are rules? Because without them soldiers will feel its necessary to be inhumane, because if they aren't then their enemies will be. And the men you get back after the end of the war might be so broken by the evils they feel the 'have' to do that they need to be locked away.

Treat as you want to be treated. You can't stop two armies killing each other, but you can make sure both sides know that if one soldier surrenders the other one doesn't kill him or torture him. And if a soldier knows he can't surrender from fear of being killed in an even worse way, then really bad things are going to happen.

Hense, we have rules. But you should know that already, right?
    While most modern nations subscribe to things like the Geneva Conventions: All's fair in love and war.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    yea great, lets make systemized rape something the state controls. that somehow makes it better....you have got to be fucking kidding me.

ooof, wow I'm not even going to touch that.
    1:No, not what I am saying. get a fucking clue charlie brown.
    NO controls, means MUCH worse treatment of the woman involved. Check the mighty fuckin google machine instead of no minding and trying to find shit I am NOT saying. If I am wrong, why have prostituting unions and government control improved conditions for whores in europe and Arizona?

2:Oh of course not, you wouldn't know what to do with it. Since you've not lived through a world war, you have ZERO understanding you lucky dog.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    So what? That should be no excuse for it. There is never an excuse for it.
    I don't want to make you look stupid, but there should be no excuse for war.
    But hey, I bet you guys won't 'get it'
    Last edited by Bigbamboozal; 2013-05-14 at 12:42 AM.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wars have rules. If you knew anything about the military you'd know this.

You want to know why there are rules? Because without them soldiers will feel its necessary to be inhumane, because if they aren't then their enemies will be. And the men you get back after the end of the war might be so broken by the evils they feel the 'have' to do that they need to be locked away.

Treat as you want to be treated. You can't stop two armies killing each other, but you can make sure both sides know that if one soldier surrenders the other one doesn't kill him or torture him. And if a soldier knows he can't surrender from fear of being killed in an even worse way, then really bad things are going to happen.

Hense, we have rules. But you should know that already, right?
    Rules in war only apply if both sides hold to them. There are no inherent rules to war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I don't want to make you look stupid, but there should be no excuse for war.
    I'm glad you don't want to, because you only show it about yourself with that statement and not others.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    [Rant consisting of "Wahhh I'm special" and supporting rape.]
    You're also disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortera View Post
    People don't care anymore, stop trying to fight it.

Empathy is about dead.
    I won't stop fighting until it's done away with, or until I'm dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    "New rule": Political officials shouldn't talk about history unless they want to look stupid.

Leave the controversial retrospective historical analysis to people who have degrees in it and who don't have their entire career to lose if they say the wrong thing.

This should be common sense, but for some reason politicians keep making this mistake.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I was once one of the big anime fans like so many kids these days. That is until I actually went to Japan and saw how they treated women and sexualized children, that nation's men at least have some serious issues. And thinking along these lines is no surprise, women, especially those from foreign nations were seen as little more than dogs to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    Japan. Different cultures think differently.
    Indeed, and they're fucking wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually agree, rest and relaxation is essential to troop performance.

While perhaps necessary it is absolutely disgusting. Necessary does not mean right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    I actually agree, rest and relaxation is essential to troop performance.

While perhaps necessary it is absolutely disgusting. Necessary does not mean right.
    At the cost of those woman's rights. Yeah no.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Indeed, and they're fucking wrong.
    Yeah, alright Mr Omnicient being. I'll take your word for it.

I like how all you wankers are villanizing current Japan for somethign that happened decades ago.

let me guess, you still call all germans Nazis, and every arabian person a Jihad terrorist?
    Or did you think only Japan did some raping and mutilation during wartime? because i can guarantee you that isnt the case, and i wouldnt be surprised if modern America STILL does tbh... We all know Murica loves some good ol'fashioned waterboarding.

Times were different. Get over yourself, you pathetic moral knights. Look at your own messed up state first. its like watching the pot call the kettle black.

Not surprising. Japan is an extremely sexist nation. It's not okay that he said that, but it's so incredibly Japanese that I can't blame him for thinking that way.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Rules in war only apply if both sides hold to them. There are no inherent rules to war.
    Sure. If you're a barbarian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. If you're a barbarian.
    So the Mongols had the same concept of fair warfare as the Romans?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a pretty serious difference between soldiers raping because they're bored, angry or horny, and your government encouraging you to rape, and even capturing civilian women for you to have your way with. His support of an apology is meaningless when he supports the action.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    At the cost of those woman's rights. Yeah no.
    It is not right to rob a person of their rights, but it is necessary to ensure that troops are at their best.

Again, necessary does not mean right, I'd never condone such a thing or want it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I see nothing wrong in war anything goes.
    Yet many are strongly against "US's war in Iraq" and highly critical of any casualties sustained, despite preventative measures to reduce collateral damage.

Realize that repetitive torture (rape) is intuitively worse than dying from an explosion. What the Japanese soldiers did in WW2 was significantly worse than what Jofferey in Game of Thrones does.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    It is not right to rob a person of their rights, but it is necessary to ensure that troops are at their best.
    If you were to consider this in the context of the US-Iraq war, 99% of posters in this thread will change their minds.

Yes, bad things happened in the past. No, we should not try to rationalize what they did as morally right.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-05-14 at 02:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    If you were to consider this in the context of the US-Iraq war, 99% of posters in this thread will change their minds.

Yes, bad things happened in the past. No, we should not try to rationalize what they did as morally right.
    Where on earth did I say it was morally right?

Again, for the third time, Necessary does not mean right.