Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    That video was awful. All the attempts at comedy and him being gangsta were really distracting from the video as a whole. Lost me about halfway through, I didn't even bother finishing.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, another change that is out of convenience for the player.

If you cannot be bothered to go to old zones to level up a gathering profession then I'm sorry but you shouldn't be playing an MMO-RPG. I don't understand why Blizzard want to remove the immersion of the game. It's all instant this, instant that. Make it easier for the players so they don't have to spend time or effort to get somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post

If you cannot be bothered to go to old zones to level up a gathering profession then I'm sorry but you shouldn't be playing an MMO-RPG. I don't understand why Blizzard want to remove the immersion of the game. It's all instant this, instant that. Make it easier for the players so they don't have to spend time or effort to get somewhere.
    Except characters sub-level 85 are going to have a real hard time navigating pandaria to grind up mats...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

What about Tailors and enchanters. Will Pandaria equivilant cloth and enchanting items drop from lower lv mobs? Im getting a bit worried these 2 professions are being left behind. Blacksmithing got an overhaul and leatherworking is on the table for one yet nothing on tailoring and enchanting. Blacksmithing is a bit Op to me, just because you can make both high lv armor-Chest-gloves( think its gloves) but also high lv weapons. Will other professions get something similar? Engineering and Jewelcrafting seem to get mounts alot. All professions need an equal share of both gear and vanity items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotaro View Post
    What about Tailors and enchanters. Will Pandaria equivilant cloth and enchanting items drop from lower lv mobs? Im getting a bit worried these 2 professions are being left behind. Blacksmithing got an overhaul and leatherworking is on the table for one yet nothing on tailoring and enchanting. Blacksmithing is a bit Op to me, just because you can make both high lv armor-Chest-gloves( think its gloves) but also high lv weapons. Will other professions get something similar? Engineering and Jewelcrafting seem to get mounts alot. All professions need an equal share of both gear and vanity items.
    Then you can start by giving engineers a whole heap of gear to make. Enough to make up for the past three expansions having nothing but helmets and handful of guns. I'd love to be able to craft myself a full suit of engineering armor with cogwheel sockets.

But preferably not gear that inexplicably requires gobs of living steel to make.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Fly round pandaria.....rather than fly round old zones.....

hmm.

next, they'll do the same to the other profs that they did to cooking, and remove any need for old world mats at all. thereby removing any gold income that lowbies can get to fund flying and stuff....

Is wow trying to put off new players? or is this a way to try to mitigate CRZ, by making it less attractive for hihg levels ot be in the old world zones?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotaro View Post
    No enchanting should remain expensive or time consuming to level simply because the sha crystals are going from 300g to 50g if everyone is an enchanter..it would ruin the economy the enchants would drop massive in prices aswell.
    If you want to level it quickly the easiest way it to take 15k gold and level it 1-600 im matter of hours.
    But they could make it like 1-600 to take 100x sha crystals for example that would be quite fair to level up then.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 08:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post

hmm.

next, they'll do the same to the other profs that they did to cooking, and remove any need for old world mats at all. thereby removing any gold income that lowbies can get to fund flying and stuff....

Is wow trying to put off new players? or is this a way to try to mitigate CRZ, by making it less attractive for hihg levels ot be in the old world zones?
    You should try leveling mining in outland.. its impossible because there is a node like every 10min or so. Massive bot waves flying in hellfire nagrand etc. its just a pain to get from 300-375.

Deleted
    Anyone else who thinks blizzard should hire the guy in Hex preview?
    Fucking hilarious person. Might bring some live into the dead parts of wow.

He made a fkn tcg sound interesting. That says alot

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    Low level economy? What about what it'll do to the current economy? This will increase the number of people farming current ore/herbs while decreasing the number of ore/herbs available at the same time since the return is 1/10th-ish due to the nugget conversion rate.
    Pandaria isn't crz though.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Hmmm... I am hoping that the profession changes in 5.3 won't effect the economy too drastically. Sure it will dilute MoP herb and Ghost Iron Ore prices a little but it may raise the price of Olde world herbs and ores a little, too, as fledgling gatherers neglect olde zones.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    That video was awful. All the attempts at comedy and him being gangsta were really distracting from the video as a whole. Lost me about halfway through, I didn't even bother finishing.
    If you finished you'd realise that the jokes were all making fun of what people stoop to doing in order to make money; selling drugs, auctioning your body off for a tattoo, being a hit-man, selling an organ, prostitution, etc. He's making fun of himself because a number of people see Kickstarter videos as begging (which is silly).

So that sound you heard was it going over your head.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

The point was that he would do anything to get this game funded because he loves it so much. He sold his kidney, was a hitman, and acted like a prostitute to get money to fund his project. Also the tattoo on his hands is his phone number that you can actually call and he will most likely answer. A number of people on the Hex forums called the number and its legit. Pretty cool if you ask me. But i can see how the stuff in the background might be a bit distracting. Watch the other videos, more information without the stuff happening in the background.

Just out of curiosity, what is so immersive about flying around old zones in an arbitrary and linear order?

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post

hmm.

It seems what you, and many others, are forgetting is that those old world mats will still be there. There's nothing saying you can't level your prof as you level, just the same as you always could. This is just giving an option to prof leveling for
    • a.) players who level primarily through dungeons
    • b.) players who change professions at high levels
    • c.) anyone who would rather just level to max as quickly as possible without bothering leveling their profession on the way
    • d.) insert your reason here

Quote Originally Posted by Jathro View Post
    There's nothing saying you can't level your prof as you level, just the same as you always could.
    This is exactly like the LFD changes in 3.3. Anyone saying that people will still do it the old way are lying through their teeth, and all this will do is further diminish the game world because people want to pretend this is a dungeon crawler instead of a MMORPG.

Not only will this mining and herbing change most likely kill the current market for current herbs/ore (Because lets face it; How many people farm by hand? There'll just be more bots.) - It'll kill almost all the activity in low level zones and the markets for low level herbs and ore.
    Either that or inflate those prices to hell mode.

Blizzard needs to add more incentive for old world materials; Not remove it.
    More vanity items and "toys" from old world materials would be a better solution. Not this crap.

And to the people complaining about respawn rates in Outlands/Northrend;
    I farm there all the time while I'm bored. I have no idea what the hell you people are talking about and I'm just going to assume you're using google to grab a "path" to follow; Which everybody and their dog does. If you expect to find things tracing the same route most people do you're doing it wrong.
    I can walk out with stacks in about a half-hour or so of just flying around at complete random. Took me around that amount of time to walk out with both herbalism and mining ready for Northrend.

If they want to cater to the people crying about that up the respawn times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is so immersive about flying around old zones in an arbitrary and linear order?
    World of Warcraft - Not: World of Jade Forest.
    Last edited by Schwert; 2013-05-14 at 11:49 AM.

Aaaah, you kids and your attention span these days.... Good fun watching you smash yourself in the face with a failbat tho. Slapstickish. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    Can't have a patch with out mage nerfs.
    Considering both of those talents were utterly useless, it's not much of a nerf.

Deleted
    Why can we not at least do old raids on separate lockouts? No harm in 10 and 25 ICC still is there?
    No probably no harm. The system isn't set up to support that easily, but I don't know that it's a major design concern.
    They'd better not implement this...simply because some bosses are impossible to solo in 25, and a switch to 10 is needed to clear them in order to attempt (or farm for transmog etc.) the ones after that are soloable.

Have you leveled a character/profession since Cata? Most of the time- especially with LW- you outlevel the zone way before you get enough mats to "outlevel" the profession. It's actually a concern.

Though it would make a lot more sense for them to go back and lower the mat cost of the professions to be more inline with the leveling experience. That way, it would encourage more people to actually take up professions while they are leveling- instead of waiting til they are maxed out to do so.
    Last edited by taheen74; 2013-05-14 at 12:07 PM.